• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PLEASE HELP URGENT

hel8itch

ok finally had my first order..

now it was done using a credit card..

how can i check that i have received this money??

i was only expecting paypal payments lol..now im stuck..

i have received an invoice saying the customer has payed using his credit card...now what????

Did you set up a merchant account and payment gateway?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

how do i set up the merchant account and gateway

Just do a search on google for "merchant account" and you'll find lots of companies.

I would highly recommend you look for one that supports authorize.net, as it is easily integrated with osC and it supports the "virtual terminal" so you can key in you previous "oops" order.

I would also recommend you shop around big time... rates vary greatly, but expend to spend $30 or more for a merchant account and gateway combination. I don't think I'm supposed to recommend a specific one, but suffice to say shopping around will pay off :)

"People tell me I have an inferiority complex. They must be right; after all, they are all smarter than me."

You just accept credit cards through paypal. The payment they made should be in your account now. You don't need to do anything different with them for them to accept cc for you. You may want to sign up with them as a company and not personal though, if you plan on using only paypal to accept payments.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

If they selected the 'paypal' payment method to purchase with, then you should ahve the funds in your paypal account already.

However, it sounds to me like you accidently left the 'credit card' payment method activated, in which case the customer seleted this method to purchase, and now you have their CC details, but you don't have any way to extract the funds.

If the latter is the case, you'll need to disable the cc module in the osc admin, then contact the customer and let them know what has happened. So if you can get them to pay you wit hpaypal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Archived