• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Table Rate Shipping

Eitan

Hi, im experiencing problems using hte table rate shipping, im trying to use this to charge depending on weight, however it isnt working. I do the following

1:45,150:160 im trying to charge 45 dollars for anything that weight up to 1lb, and im trying to charge 160 dollars for anything that weghs over a pound, however, if something weighs more then 1lb, it charged $135... not sure why

Thanks in advance for any help

Eitan

Hi, im experiencing problems using hte table rate shipping, im trying to use this to charge depending on weight, however it isnt working. I do the following

1:45,150:160  im trying to charge  45 dollars for anything that weight up to 1lb, and im trying to charge 160 dollars for anything that weghs over a pound, however, if something weighs more then 1lb, it charged $135... not sure why

Eitan

Bumping, as I am experiencing the exact same issue. Eitan posted in Support and I replied there also. Not sure if we have a table rate expert who can help with this?

Bumping, as I am experiencing the exact same issue.  Eitan posted in Support and I replied there also.  Not sure if we have a table rate expert who can help with this?

Yeah, its definetly a weird one, i was experminenting yesterday, to try to make a temporary fix, but couldnt come up with anything, all im trying to do is just have 3 different charges for items, the weight isnt really an issue, i can set something to weigh 100lb or 1lb, just so it can calcualte the weight, but for somre reason, just aitn working right

Eitan

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1:45,150:160  im trying to charge  45 dollars for anything that weight up to 1lb, and im trying to charge 160 dollars for anything that weghs over a pound, however, if something weighs more then 1lb, it charged $135... not sure why

Eitan

You probably haven't adjusted your setting for maximum package weight.

The $135 is 3x$45 which indicates your product gets divided over 3 different packages of $45 each.

I have my settings as:

Shipping Table

4:7.70,8:15.00,12:20.00,1000:0.00

So, I want 1-4 Lbs. to charge $7.70, 5-8 Lbs. to charge $15.00, 9-12 to charge $20.00 and any more to be free. Is the 1000:0.00 what is messing me up here?

So you have your max weight set correctly as noted in previous posts

Have you looked into setting the 'Tare Weight' and the 'percent increase for larger packages' under 'Configuration' - 'Shipping/Packaging' to 0?

This will allow the table rate function based on weight to work correctly.

(1:45.00,150:160.00)

up to 1# = $45.00 shipping

>1# to 150#(set as max you will ship) = $160.00 shipping

My store was acting CRAZY like mis-calculations (i thought) which turned out to be actual calculations because any values above zero in the 'Tare Weight' and the 'percent increase for larger packages' seem to really mess up the table rate function based on weight

I hope this helps.

XSSXCS

You probably haven't adjusted your setting for maximum package weight.

The $135 is 3x$45 which indicates your product gets divided over 3 different packages of $45 each.

Thanks weeloftime, earlier today I was struggling with the same problem and was so focused on the Shipping modules that I forgot all about those Shipping settings in the main configuration... :-"