• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Support thread for "Easy Call for Price"

This is the support thread for Easy Call for Price. I will do my best to help anyone with problems associated with this contribution.

Easy Call for Price is an easy way to display ?Call for Price!? whenever a product?s price is set to 0. Change a couple of values and you can also sell products for $0.00 and display "Call for Price!" for other products.

Only TWO files to modify. Install time is less than 5 minutes.

It works throughout the site, even with other contributions with no additional changes.

Screenshots included for product_info, x-sell, x-sell showing $0.00 and ?Call for Price!? and featured_products.

Link to "Easy Call for Price v1.0" contrib.

Just posted above you with a concern about the call for price contib-I'll try yours and get back to you.

Still shows buy now button...

I think there's a fix for that in the other contrib-might want to incorporate it. Other than that-looks good so far.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

To get rid of buy nor button in product listing, can you make this:

------------------------------------------------

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':

$lc_align = 'center';

if ($listing['products_price'] == 0){

$lc_text = ' ';

} else {

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';

break;

}

}

Work with this:(?)

if (PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW) {

$lc_text .= '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'pName')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing_values['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', TEXT_BUY . $listing_values['products_name'] . TEXT_NOW) . '</a> ';

}

That would be awesome.

Good point, it would be a good idea not to show the "Buy Now" button when "Call for Price!" is displayed in product the listings.

In the file catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php

FIND:

$lc_align = 'center';
         $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';
         break;

REPLACE WITH:

// BEGIN EASY CALL FOR PRICE MOD 	 
         if ($listing['products_price'] == CALL_FOR_PRICE_VALUE) {
              $lc_text = '';
              // You can add text, an image, even a link to your Contact Us page in between the quotes to fill the void when displayed.
         } else {
              $lc_align = 'center';
         }
    break;
    // END EASY CALL FOR PRICE MOD

Thanks for the suggestion akmac.

Thanks tim,

I'm currently using products_list_col.php from the contribution here. Any chance you could paste the snippet I'd use to modify this code:

$lc_text .= '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'pName')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing_values['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', TEXT_BUY . $listing_values['products_name'] . TEXT_NOW) . '</a> ';      
     }

?

It's a bit different than the stock products_listing.php

Of course, you're under no obligation to support contribution compatibility-but I sure would appreciate it...

Cleve, here's the fix for the Product Listing in Columns contribution that will remove the "Buy Now" button when "Call for Price!" is displayed.

In the file catalog/includes/modules/product_listing_col.php

FIND:

$lc_text .= '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing_values['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', TEXT_BUY . $listing_values['products_name'] . TEXT_NOW) . '</a> ';      
    }

REPLACE WITH:

// BEGIN EASY CALL FOR PRICE MOD 	 
         if ($listing_values['products_price'] == CALL_FOR_PRICE_VALUE) {
              $lc_align = 'center';
              $lc_text .= '';
              // You can add text, an image, even a link to your Contact Us page in between the quotes to fill the void when displayed.
         } else { 
              $lc_align = 'center';
              $lc_text .= '<br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing_values['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', TEXT_BUY . $listing_values['products_name'] . TEXT_NOW) . '</a> ';      
         }
    }
    // END EASY CALL FOR PRICE MOD

That should do it. Let me know how it works.

Tim, it works beautifully. Thanks for the simple mod! It is incredibly easy to install, took me less than 2 minutes (and I'm no pro). Anyone looking for a simple option to sell SOME (just price them at $0.00) of your products without listing the price on your site-I highly recommend Tim's Easy Call for Price. Also works with "Product listing in Columns" with a single code change to product_listing_col.php.

Thanks!

Hi Tim,

Found another potential hiccup. I myself have a heavily modded store, and use a "shop by price" contribution. I carry a designer line of products that doesn't allow their prices to be listed online. The hiccup is, all of these products are listed when a customer shops by price for items "Under $99"

Oops!

This could be fixed by making the default identifier 999999 instead of 0. But, for whatever reason, some folks don't like that option.

Again, no obigation for you to support contribution compatibility, but it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you don't have time, and I'll repost in general support. Thanks!

Are you using the Shop by Price contrib from here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...h,shop+by+price, if so, what's the date of the one you have installed?

Cleve, this mod is for the contrib Shop by Price and should prevent products with "Call for Price!" from being displayed in the "Under $100" listing.

In the file catalog/includes/languages/english/shop_by_price.php

FIND:

$price_ranges_sql = Array(  "p.products_price < 100",

REPLACE WITH:

$price_ranges_sql = Array(  "(p.products_price > 0 and p.products_price < 100)",

I used "Under $100" in this example because it is the default for the Shop by Price contrib, you can change it as needed. I also used "0", because the CALL_FOR_PRICE_VALUE is not defined globally. Change the "0" to whatever value you have CALL_FOR_PRICE_VALUE set to in catalog/includes/classes/currencies.php.

Let me know if this works for you.

All the best, Tim.

• 2 months later...

Paul Barrera made a upgrade to the Call For Pricing / Negotiable Pricing

mod that allowed the "call for price" to be a dynamic link that when clicked on would bring up the contact form with the product information already pasted in it. Is it possible to do the same with the "easy call for price" mod?

ref: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,CALL+FOR+PRICE

Also anyone have any sugestion on which call for price mod to use? I like the functions of all of them, would love to see all the functions placed in one neat upgradable package for use on the contributions. Right now the mods posted are abit confusing.

The call for price being a link to a contact form with the item info already filled in makes perfect since.

Paul Barrera made a upgrade to the Call For Pricing / Negotiable Pricing

mod that allowed the "call for price" to be a dynamic link that when clicked on would bring up the contact form with the product information already pasted in it. Is it possible to do the same with the "easy call for price" mod?

ref: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,CALL+FOR+PRICE

Also anyone have any sugestion on which call for price mod to use? I like the functions of all of them, would love to see all the functions placed in one neat upgradable package for use on the contributions. Right now the mods posted are abit confusing.

The call for price being a link to a contact form with the item info already filled in makes perfect since.

In catalog/includes/languages/english.php (and any other languages you have)

change:

define('TEXT_CALL_FOR_PRICE', 'Call for Price!');// EASY CALL FOR PRICE v1.0

to:

define ('TEXT_CALL_FOR_PRICE', '<a href="contact_us.php">Call for Price!');// EASY CALL FOR PRICE v1.0

All the best, Tim

I appreciate this greatly. How about the part that pre-adds a link to the item on the contact form? That would certaily come in handy. Thanks so much again.

In catalog/includes/languages/english.php (and any other languages you have)

change:

define('TEXT_CALL_FOR_PRICE', 'Call for Price!');// EASY CALL FOR PRICE v1.0

to:

define ('TEXT_CALL_FOR_PRICE', '<a href="contact_us.php">Call for Price!');// EASY CALL FOR PRICE v1.0

All the best, Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would like to add additional options, besides Call for Price, that would vary depending on on the products price (i.e. 999,999=Call for Price, 777,777=Make an Offer, 555,555=Freight Quote Only), but I'm not sure how to make it work. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I appreciate this greatly. How about the part that pre-adds a link to the item on the contact form? That would certaily come in handy. Thanks so much again.

I tried includeding the product link code to the product page without any success. This is what Paul posted...

Here is the code to replace the A tag so it will produce a Contact form with the complete details of the product plus thew URL, I think this is a necessary?@function to include.
-------
<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, 'enquiry=Price Inquiry%0D%0A%0D%0AProduct Id: ' . $listing_values['products_id'] . '%0D%0AProduct Name: ' . $listing_values['products_name'] . '%0D%0AProduct Url: ' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $listing_values['products_id'] .'%0D%0A%0D%0A') . '') . '">Call For Price</a>

Dosen't seem to work.

ALSO... I'd like to keep the $0 value available for free products... I tried using $999,999 and all my products were labled!? So I settled on -1.

Could this contribution be modified to include on more option like "Make an Offer"

I am having the same problem getting Paul Barrera upgrade to work. It states to Just replace the <a href=>call for pricing</a> with the code above in "product_listing.php", but when I look in theproduct_listing.php i do not have <a href=>call for pricing</a>. Is that the right file to edit?

I was able to make $0.00 work by changing $999,999 to $0.00 when installing the contrib.

• 5 weeks later...

I found that the page to edit is product_info.php instead of the product_listing.php. I can get it to work, but can not have the Product name, Id, and URL show up. I know I have posted a simaler questen, but I thought this thread gave more history of the probelm. It was suggested to look into the value of $listing_values. I can not find any other reference to $listing_values at all in my site.

I have installed the contribution call for price V1.5 and modified the code to 999,999 for showing the "call for price"

when the currency info box is set to US dollar, "call for price" can be shown in "New Product" page and What's New info box. for the goods. When i selected the Taiwan dollars, the "call for price" become real price.

but this case is normal on prodict_info.php.

How can i fix it??

thanks.

Welcome to vist my Site:

Anita.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this contribution installed (and it works perfectly, thank you.) Now, what I'm attempting to do is make it so that when price is zero, it displays an alternate price I've input into a new field in the database if that alternate price exists. Sadly, I cannot get this to work on the product listing page. (I did, however, get it to work on the product_info page). If someone could point me a direction in how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

• 1 year later...

I have been trying to install the Easy Call for Price v1.0 contribution and it looks like exactly what I need. But after making the changes, the Buy Now buttons and Add to Cart buttons for items with a price just go to a blank page. When you hit the back button on the browser - it did add it to the cart. Any help on why I go to the blank pages? You can see this at SariCakes.com

Any help would be GREATLY appreciate - I just put up my store and am a complete newbie to e-commerce and coding!!! I've been searching the site for any clues. Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I have been trying to get all the different "call for price" contributions working but the code they list is totally different to what is on my clean install... This contribution though works perfectly.. I've been doing the small changes listed on this thread too and everything is cool! Only thing is, i still have the "add to cart" button showing on my "whats new" page? Any idea how to remove that when "call for price" is set on an item?!?!