• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contrib] Your Recent History V2.0

boxtel

In the released version, the only way the box shows is if the client has product viewing history. So if he/she did a search, that search was recorded but not shown until a product info was viewed. That is not right. To correct, change the displaying condition to this :

if (

(($viewed->count_viewed() > 0) or ($viewed->count_searches() > 0)) // we have content

and ($viewed->on) // we want it

and ($request_type != 'SSL') // we are not secure

and (

(tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) or // customer

(ENABLE_PAGE_CACHE == 'false') // we do not cache at all

)

) { // displaying

Treasurer MFC

In the released version, the only way the box shows is if the client has product viewing history. So if he/she did a search, that search was recorded but not shown until a product info was viewed. That is not right. To correct, change the displaying condition to this :

if (

(($viewed->count_viewed() > 0) or ($viewed->count_searches() > 0))  // we have content

and ($viewed->on)                                                        // we want it

and ($request_type != 'SSL')                                            // we are not secure

and (

(tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) or // customer

(ENABLE_PAGE_CACHE == 'false')                // we do not cache at all

)

) { // displaying

if you are using the "product not found but..." contribution along with this one.

in product_info.php just after this statement :

if ($product_check['total'] < 1) {

you add this :

$valid_product = false;

just after the final else :

<?php

} else {

you add this statement :

$valid_product = true;

then in the application_bottom.php we extend the if statement for adding the product with :

and ($valid_product)

this will prevent blank entries in the recent history list due to a product that was requested but is not active.

Treasurer MFC

• 9 months later...

I tried to insall but when I did the index.php page goes blank. If I remove the code added to application_top.php the index.php shows up again.

Not sure what to look at.

Any help will be appreciated

I tried to insall but when I did the index.php page goes blank. If I remove the code added to application_top.php the index.php shows up again.

Not sure what to look at.

Any help will be appreciated

in application_top:

after this:

// include shopping cart class

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shopping_cart.php');

add this:

// include viewed products class

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'viewed_products.php');

after this:

// include the language translations

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

add this:

// VIEWED PRODUCTS

if (!$spider_flag) {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('viewed')) {

tep_session_register('viewed');

$viewed = new viewed_products(10);

}

if (isset($_GET['action'])) {

if ($_GET['action'] == 'viewed_remove') {

$viewed->reset();

} elseif ($_GET['action'] == 'viewed_switch') {

if ($viewed->on) {

$viewed->on = false;

} else {

$viewed->on = true;

}

}

}

}

Treasurer MFC

thanks for the help

now it shows up twice at the bottom of the page

I figured this one out. I had it in the footer twice? DUH

Is there a way to get the image that shows up in the "Do you remember me" section to make it smaller?

Has anyone had any luck in getting Your Recent History to work w/ STS Plus? For the record I have the cache set to false and did make the recommended file change

// include the language translations
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

• 2 months later...

Did everything told in the package and here as well.

but it says 'Call to undefined function tep_session_is_registered()'  in application_top.php

I am using STS and there is not any other contributes installed.

• 3 months later...

Amanda,

I been using some of your other contributions and I cant thank you enough for your excellent support and work. I just installed Your Recent History V2.0 and I have a few questions I hope you can help me with.

This is what shows up after a few product clicks and a few keyword searches

Your Recent History

Do you remember this one?

Maxtrox G400 32MB

• Is there a way to prevent search keywords that are not in the DB from showing up in the Recent History? I'm able to type any keyword in the search and it will show up in the searches column.
  • Is there a way to show the product images for the products column?
  • Could the categories selected also show up in the recent history?
  • Also, give the option to clear some of the history while keeping the other history? Example: In history we have Products, Catalog and Searches be able to clear any of the three while keeping the other two or any other combination.

This will be a great addition to the shop.

Thank you.Regards,Marizka

Amanda,

I been using some of your other contributions and I cant thank you enough for your excellent support and work. I just installed Your Recent History V2.0 and I have a few questions I hope you can help me with.

This is what shows up after a few product clicks and a few keyword searches

Your Recent History

Do you remember this one?

Maxtrox G400 32MB

• Is there a way to prevent search keywords that are not in the DB from showing up in the Recent History? I'm able to type any keyword in the search and it will show up in the searches column.
  • Is there a way to show the product images for the products column?
  • Could the categories selected also show up in the recent history?
  • Also, give the option to clear some of the history while keeping the other history? Example: In history we have Products, Catalog and Searches be able to clear any of the three while keeping the other two or any other combination.

This will be a great addition to the shop.

Thank you.Regards,Marizka

well, yes to all as the current version I am using does exactly those things.

I did remove the "remember me" thing as I only show the 4 latest products (with images the box will get rather long with more) and then remember me is kind of silly so I simply show the also purchased item and if there is none I show a random featured item.

I will have to release it as a contrib though, maybe sometime this week as I need to re-normalize it for default stores.

Treasurer MFC

well, yes to all as the current version I am using does exactly those things.

I did remove the "remember me" thing as I only show the 4 latest products (with images the box will get rather long with more) and then remember me is kind of silly so I simply show the also purchased item and if there is none I show a random featured item.

I will have to release it as a contrib though, maybe sometime this week as I need to re-normalize it for default stores.

Amanda,

Thank you, a contribution release would be great.

Regards,

Marizka

Amanda,

On installation step 6 in the module product_listing.php

right after :

new contentBox($info_box_contents, '#ffffff');

we add:

$products_found = true;

and right after :

$info_box_contents[0][] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-data"', 'text' => TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS);

new contentBox($info_box_contents);

we add:

$products_found = false;

I did a search on file \includes\modules\product_listing.php for new contentBox($info_box_contents, '#ffffff'); and $info_box_contents[0][] and no search result are found. I also tried to shortening the search to new contentBox and $info_box_contents but still on search results are found. I also tried to do an entire search on the project and the only instance return that match $info_box_contents[0][] was found in shopping_cart.php. I'm I over looking something? I also tried the same search on the stock version of product_listing.php but still no search results found.

Regards, Marizka

Amanda,

right after :

we add:

$products_found = true;

and right after :

$info_box_contents[0][] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-data"', 'text' => TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS);

we add:

$products_found = false;

I did a search on file \includes\modules\product_listing.php for new contentBox($info_box_contents, '#ffffff'); and $info_box_contents[0][] and no search result are found. I also tried to shortening the search to new contentBox and $info_box_contents but still on search results are found. I also tried to do an entire search on the project and the only instance return that match $info_box_contents[0][] was found in shopping_cart.php. I'm I over looking something? I also tried the same search on the stock version of product_listing.php but still no search results found.

Regards, Marizka

Like Marizka I did a search on file \includes\modules\product_listing.php for new contentBox($info_box_contents, '#ffffff'); and $info_box_contents[0][] and no search result are found. I also tried to shortening the search to new contentBox and $info_box_contents but still on search results are found. I also tried to do an entire search on the project and the only instance return that match $info_box_contents[0][] was found in shopping_cart.php. I'm I over looking something? I also tried the same search on the stock version of product_listing.php but still no search results found.

Rick

Amanda,

right after :

we add:

$products_found = true;

and right after :

we add:

$products_found = false;

Regards, Marizka

right, in the stock product_listing it looks like this:

$list_box_contents[$cur_row][] = array('align' => $lc_align,

'params' => 'class="productListing-data"',

'text' => $lc_text);

}

}

new productListingBox($list_box_contents);

$products_found = true;

} else {

$products_found = false;

$list_box_contents = array();

$list_box_contents[0] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-odd"');

$list_box_contents[0][] = array('params' => 'class="productListing-data"',

'text' => TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS);

Treasurer MFC

right, in the stock product_listing it looks like this:
Amanda, Thank You. On installation step 5 looks like you show two solutions one for none cache pages and another for cache pages. I used this code witch looks to be for none cache pages include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'your_recent_history.php');

echo $yrh; without any issues. I would like to take advantage of being able to cache pages and use this code witch looks to be the one used for cache pages

if (!stristr($PHP_SELF,'checkout'))  {					 // not during checkout pages
if ($we_cache)  {										// we cache this page
  echo  '<%YRH%>';									   // placeholder
} else {
  include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'your_recent_history.php'); //  create the box
  echo  $yrh;											// display the box
}
 }

For the page cache contribution would it be this one? http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2561/

In the if ($we_cache) where is $we_cache initialized? I'm not familiar with this syntax <%YRH%> is that related to $yrh somehow? How is <%YRH%> initialized? echo '<%YRH%>'; // placeholder Is this how we output the box if we have a cache page? Thank you for your support, I appreciate your help. Regards, Marizka

I installed the contrib according to the instruction, but nothing is showing. Of course I clicked on some products, made a search or two, but nothing is showing.

So I started to remove one line in modules/your_recent_history.php

//
line 1
if (is_object($your_recent_history)) {

I also removed the "}" at the end of the file...

Now I get the following error message on my page:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /homepages/..../shopping/includes/modules/your_recent_history.php on line 4

This line 4 has the following code:

(($your_recent_history->count_viewed() > 0) || ($your_recent_history->count_searches() > 0) || ($your_recent_history->count_viewed_cats() > 0))   // we have content

the functions are called in application top and also the variable should be set there, or am I wrong? So why it does not work?

Even so I removed this one line in modules/your_recent_history.php, the contrib should work. Especially after I produced a history of click and search...

So does anyone has a good idea of how I can get it to work, especially since some people are using this contrib already.

the store is running on:

My Server info

Operating System Linux infong 2.4 #1 SMP Thu Jan 13 08:59:31 CET 2005 i686 unknown

Webserver Apache/1.3.37 (Unix)

Php version 4.4.4

MySQL version 4.0.27-standard-log

Can someone help or do you need more info?

Cheers

Rich

Amanda, Thank You. On installation step 5 looks like you show two solutions one for none cache pages and another for cache pages. I used this code witch looks to be for none cache pages include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'your_recent_history.php');

echo $yrh; without any issues. I would like to take advantage of being able to cache pages and use this code witch looks to be the one used for cache pages

if (!stristr($PHP_SELF,'checkout'))  {					 // not during checkout pages
if ($we_cache)  {										// we cache this page
  echo  '<%YRH%>';									   // placeholder
} else {
  include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'your_recent_history.php'); //  create the box
  echo  $yrh;											// display the box
}
 }

For the page cache contribution would it be this one? http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2561/

In the if ($we_cache) where is $we_cache initialized? I'm not familiar with this syntax <%YRH%> is that related to $yrh somehow? How is <%YRH%> initialized? echo '<%YRH%>'; // placeholder Is this how we output the box if we have a cache page? Thank you for your support, I appreciate your help. Regards, Marizka

well, I think I am using an older version of page cache and I did not upgrade as it is highly modified.

Still, the principle is the same and is actually used in the page cache contribution itself for the shopping cart box and the session id.

$we_cache is a variable I set for the normal condition of caching or not.

that condition is rather long and it is used in application_top, tep_href_link and all other places where you want to set a placeholder. As I do not want to have that long condition all over the place, I check it once and set a single variable I can use instead.

<%YRH%> is just a chosen placeholder name. You can use whatever you like as long as it is a string which is unique (not normally occurring in your html output) as this string is replaced with the actual html for it.

Because the "Your recent history" box is client specific, just like the shopping cart box and the session id, you cannot write them into a page cache file as that content is common for all. So you write placeholders instead and let the page cache class replace those placeholders with the actual specific content before the cached page is sent out.

So in the page cache class you would have a construction like:

1) read the page file in $page_contents

2) include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'your_recent_history.php'); // create the box in $yrh variable

3) $page_contents = str_replace ('<%YRH%>',$yrh,$page_contents)

4) send out $page_contents

Treasurer MFC

Hi!

I had v.2.0 installed since before. Now I replaced it with v.3.0.

But I can't make v.3.0 to work properly. Products and Categories works fine, but Searches doesn't show up.

You may also appreciate... works fine, it shows up correct like this: mini-AEngel-p-245.html, but Customers who bought products in Your Recent History also purchased our... doesn't. The name of the product is wrong, it shows like this: -p-245.html. And there is only a place holder instead of the actual image.

What am I doing wrong here?

Hi!

I had v.2.0 installed since before. Now I replaced it with v.3.0.

But I can't make v.3.0 to work properly. Products and Categories works fine, but Searches doesn't show up.

You may also appreciate... works fine, it shows up correct like this: mini-AEngel-p-245.html, but Customers who bought products in Your Recent History also purchased our... doesn't. The name of the product is wrong, it shows like this: -p-245.html. And there is only a place holder instead of the actual image.

What am I doing wrong here?

ah stupid, my mistake:

this line:

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $orders['ap_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $ap['products_image'], $ap['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $ap['products_name'] . '</a>' .

should be :

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $ap['ap_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $ap['products_image'], $ap['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $ap['products_name'] . '</a>' .

wrong array name.

with regard to the search,

1) you did have results on the search?

2) you did add the $products_found = true/false flags in product listing?

Treasurer MFC

ah stupid, my mistake:

this line:

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $orders['ap_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $ap['products_image'], $ap['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $ap['products_name'] . '</a>' .

should be :

echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $ap['ap_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $ap['products_image'], $ap['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $ap['products_name'] . '</a>' .

wrong array name.

with regard to the search,

1) you did have results on the search?

2) you did add the $products_found = true/false flags in product listing?

in the above, I also changed

$ap['ap_id']

to

$ap['products_id']

and now Customers who bought products in Your Recent History also purchased our... seems to work.

Searches still not showing up though!

1) yes

2) yes

My code in product_listing.php:

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';
		break;
	}

'text'  => $lc_text);
  }
}

$products_found = true;
 } else {
 $products_found = false;

}

in the above, I also changed
$ap['ap_id']

to

$ap['products_id']

and now Customers who bought products in Your Recent History also purchased our... seems to work.

Searches still not showing up though!

1) yes

2) yes

My code in product_listing.php:

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a> ';
		break;
	}

'text'  => $lc_text);
  }
}

$products_found = true;
 } else {
 $products_found = false;

}

better change this:

$ap_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id,

to this:

$ap_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id as ap_id,

so the 2 queries return the same fields.

what if you alter in application_bottom.php:

this:

if (stristr(basename($PHP_SELF),'advanced_search_result.php')) {

if ($products_found) {

$your_recent_history->add_search(trim(strtolower($_GET['keywords'])));

}

}

to this:

if ($products_found) {

$your_recent_history->add_search(trim(strtolower($HTTP_GET_VARS['keywords'])));

}

}

those $_GET and $HTTP_GET_VARS are not always the same.

Treasurer MFC

Thanks, but it made no difference.

ok, well then we have some tracing to do.

replace that section:

if ($products_found) {

$your_recent_history->add_search(trim(strtolower($HTTP_GET_VARS['keywords'])));

}

}

with:

echo 'starting search addition<br>';

echo 'on right page<br>';

if ($products_found) {

echo 'product found is ok<br>';