• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PAYPAL IPN QUESTION About How long to Clear.

tegralens

How long does it take to change from Preparing Paypal IPN?

I have done this before and it never took so long. I checked my paypal account to see if it had received any payment. And I did not receive any payment or email about payment. I thinking that it is just taking longer for the credit card to clear or something.

Any ideas?

How long does it take to change from Preparing Paypal IPN?

I have done this before and it never took so long.  I checked my paypal account to see if it had received any payment.  And I did not receive any payment or email about payment.  I thinking that it is just taking longer for the credit card to clear or something.

Any ideas?

Preparing Paypal IPN to processing should never take more than an instant IF

The Payment clears and

there is no problem with Paypal site or your server as the confirm message is in transit

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

Preparing Paypal IPN to processing should never take more than an instant IF

The Payment clears and

there is no problem with Paypal site or your server as the confirm message is in transit

Charles

I thought it should be fast the thing is that this was done yesterday and still today.

I found out what happened I spoke to the client and she told me that she never finished the order because she was going to order serveral items instead of only one item so she can save for the shipping.

But MY question now is how can I fix this so I know that the person never finished the order? Or when ever this happens again is this how it is when a person does not complete a order?

Is the status of your new order 'PayPal Processing'? If so, that just means that the customer got to the confirmation page and changed their mind. With the IPN module, the order is actually recorded in the database before they are taken to paypal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Is the status of your new order 'PayPal Processing'? If so, that just means that the customer got to the confirmation page and changed their mind. With the IPN module, the order is actually recorded in the database before they are taken to paypal.

No it just says

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

If you ahve not received payment in your paypal account yet, then that means the customer did not complete the purchase.

If you are unsure if the customer encountered an error, you can always email them directly and ask, although some will view that as an invasion of privacy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

If you ahve not received payment in your paypal account yet, then that means the customer did not complete the purchase.

If you are unsure if the customer encountered an error, you can always email them directly and ask, although some will view that as an invasion of privacy.

You are correct The Customer did not complete the Order. How can I fix this so it a Customer does not complete the order I will know?

You are correct The Customer did not complete the Order.  How can I fix this so it a Customer does not complete the order I will know?

When a customer completes a payment, it will update to 'pending'

No, it's only supposed to say 'Pending' if they completed payment.

Loomk in your paypal acocunt. If you got the money, then your order in OSC should say 'pending'. If you didn't get the money, then the customer decided not to order from you, and the order in OSC should say "Preparing Paypal IPN.

No, it's only supposed to say 'Pending' if they completed payment.

Loomk in your paypal acocunt. If you got the money, then your order in OSC should say 'pending'. If you didn't get the money, then the customer decided not to order from you, and the order in OSC should say "Preparing Paypal IPN.

OK thanks I was just wondering if there was a way to change from Preparing Paypal IPN to something else, But I least I know that If I see that it means that the Customer did not place the order.

Do you mean by default? You are akin if you can change the default value for customers that have not completed their order from "Preparing Paypal IPN" to something else?

Yes, in the admin, under modules >> payment modules >> paypal IPN, there should be an option to do just that.