• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Custom Create Account

Vger

The only download available is of the updated version of MS2. As I said I haven't had the time to test Custom Create Account against the newly updated MS2, and this would apply to almost all the 3000+ contributions.

I can only advise at this point in time that you don't use Custom Create Account.

Vger

I can only advise at this point in time that you don't use Custom Create Account.

Vger

Ok that makes oscomerce not useable for my customer. Do you know of any other free/open source php shop that has the feature customize registration?

Name and email address is enough.

Furthermore the only payment methods needed are:

- cash on delivery

- cash on pickup

Shipping methods:

- store pickup

- some kind of table method (Within 25 kilometers free, otherwise ......... Based on postal code or something like that. )

Furthermore the order should be emailed to: the customer and a list of customizable emal addresses.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Erik

If you need this feature that badly then what you can do is to run a File Comparison between the modified files in my contribution and the same files in the updated MS2. There can't be that many lines of code affected. Various free text editors (like Crimson Editor and Text Pad) offer this feature. There's another one called Beyond Compare but I believe you have to pay for that.

Vger

If you need this feature that badly then what you can do is to run a File Comparison between the modified files in my contribution and the same files in the updated MS2. There can't be that many lines of code affected. Various free text editors (like Crimson Editor and Text Pad) offer this feature. There's another one called Beyond Compare but I believe you have to pay for that.

Vger

Yes, but i'am completely new to oscommerce....

Don't know the structure and the way it should act.

So if i do these diffs i will spot differences, but how do I know what to alter?

Besides that I'am almost new to php too. ;-)

It will take me weeks I guess.

Since i merely want to "downgrade" oscommerce I thought i might be beteer off with a more simple solution.

Erik

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I know this is meant to be installed on a fresh osC install but I took the chance anyway because this mod is just what I need.

Everything is working great.. its doing exactly what it says on the tin except for a small error.

Now I can easily roll my site back if this cant be fixed but I thought I would ask first as my site looks all the better when registering because of this mod... so here goes with my error.

In my admin when I click on customers I get the following errors above my customers list

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /home/.rajam/xxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxx.com/admin/customers.php on line 784

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/.rajam/xxxxxxxxt/xxxxxxxx.com/admin/customers.php on line 786

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/.rajam/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxx.com/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 17

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/.rajam/xxxxxxxxx/xxxxxxxxxxx.com/admin/includes/classes/object_info.php on line 18

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light????

Not to sound funny cos I'm not being... but should it not then be deleted as a package? No support = useless package??? People using contributions and modules in my experience (myself included) often lack the skills to write these things hence the use of modules so the chances of anyone being able to rectify the errors is slim. Anyone with any coding skills would, I assume, write thier own coder rendering the package null and of little use..? The only hope this contribution has now as I see it is if some experienced coder picks up where you left off otherwise its fate has been sealed.

Just an observation.

Its a shame you're not supporitng this mod anymore vger.. it would have been pretty cool to see it working.

I rolled back this morning so its no biggie but it would have been just what I needed... I dont see any similar functioning contribs that do the same thing.. and that surprises me... Most of the time its filling out all that info when registering that just puts people off signing up.. myself included, so I would have thought this a HOT and highly saught after contrib.. seems I am mistaken lol

Thanks anyway :thumbsup:

I have asked for it to be deleted, but the mods seem to think it should stay even if I don't support it any more. I have now upload an 'update' to the contribution, which tells people that it's not supported.

Vger