• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

almost ready

jonyo

OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT THE FAIRY!!!!!!!!!!

What happened to the cartoon one?? That is a little too real and looks like a guy in drag.

:blink:

LOL it's a chick in costume w/ tons of makup (otherwise you can't see the face, like stage makup) Hmm looking at it again it does look kinda bad... I'll do some more shop'n today to make it more cartoon-ish. I liked the original but the boss (my wife) said the face looked evil... and she didn't like the sweater... I kept trying to tell her it was a faerie that wasn't used to the cold :P I think I'll try to shop the two versions together or something...

Update: Logo is finished! Please let me know what you think of it. I had problems because I was editing the high res version then scaling it down, finally I decided to edit scaled down version instead pixel by pixel... (havn't done that in a while) It should look clean and good now. I need some feedback on it. The logo I'm talking about is the small one in the header, as well as the biger one on the front page.

I also need feedback on the checkout process. Again, if you feel like testing the gift vouchers (as I have heavily modified how it works during checkout) login with:

user: robinisabird at dodgeit dot com

pass: 123pass

Also need feedback on the account creation process, I have modified that too.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

PS hope the logo isn't nightmare inducing this time :blink:

Hi Jon,

Sorry to be rude but thats one UGLY fairy, it just doesnt look like a fairy, it looks like something i might pull after ten pints in my local, i thing its the purple hair and multi colour dress and the red lip stick that does it.

Hope i havent hurt your feelings, im sure others will love it.

apart from that the site is coming on a treat.

Kind regards

Ps

Ugly fairy : )

Hi Jon,

Sorry to be rude but thats one UGLY fairy, it just doesnt look like a fairy, it looks like something i might pull after ten pints in my local, i thing its the purple hair and multi colour dress and the red lip stick that does it.

Hope i havent hurt your feelings, im sure others will love it.

apart from that the site is coming on a treat.

Kind regards

Ps

Ugly fairy : )

:'( *Sniff sniff* you hurt my e-feelings :(

J/k :P looking at it again it doesn't really even look like a logo... I need to simplify it more. Any feedback on the rest of the site?

I just upgraded my seo contrib to 2.1, and then found Chemo is banned (the creater of the contrib) and there was a bug. I did a quick fix, but I don't know if it broke anything so if you find something that doesn't work please let me know (it would be a link that doesn't work right) Thanks. On the positive side a lot more of the website is now SEO format because of the upgrade...

Update! I made a bunch of different versions of the the logo, now I just need feedback on which one we should use. I've set up a voting system where you can pick your favorite logo, there is a link at the top of the page with the logos.

You can also see the top page using the logo by clicking on the logo label above the logo. You'll see what I'm talking about when you go to the page.

See Logos Here

Thanks for taking the time to take a look.

By the way, to view all the logos you have to scroll right and left, I did this so it is easier to see each one side by side.

I am pretty close to going live, all I have left to do is pick a logo, and write all the policies! If you see anything broken, please let me know.

EDIT: you have to read directions to vote, it's kinda complicated because it's not really worth it to make the interface better, since I'm only using it once (the code is recycled from an old assignment in college from a few semesters back) Or you could post here with which ones you like...

Hi Jon,

Logos

I prefer #8 - #12 as they show up the best. I would like to see the colours tied into the site better, ie the purple.

/gifts-vouchers-c-27.html

With your graphics ability I am sure you can come up with better images for the gift certs.

/account-information-i-3.html

Why not bold the first part of each section, it would make it easier when glancing over it.

"not covered here, please contact us."

It is hard to tell where the links are in your site as the colour of the font is the same as your regular text.

/shipping.php

IMO 5 days for a product to be shipped is too long unless it is custom made in which case you should mention that.

"If it has been more than 5 days and your order is still not shipped, please contact us."

How does someone know if their product has been shipped? Maybe add a little part about that.

"you can return the item for a full refund (not including shipping costs) within 10 days. You can exchange the item or receive store credit within 30 days."

I don't understand the difference between the 10 day and the 30 day policy, but then I am tired.

I would also add a part about what shipping methods you use.

/privacy.php

"We will not share any personal information you provide on this website with any third party."

One of my favorites, how do you get paid if you do not pass the info to the payment processor and how do you ship the product if you don't pass the info to the shipping company.

/contact_us.php

You say there is a phone number but none is given.

I hope you protected your email address or get ready for the spam to start coming in. I would just take it out and have people use the contact us form.

Overall

I am not a huge fan of your purple buttons as I don't think the colour fits into your site.

I think the product listing pages can be redone a bit better to suit your store.

Very nice looking site thought, good job.

Peter

Hi Jon,

Logos

I prefer #8 - #12 as they show up the best.  I would like to see the colours tied into the site better, ie the purple.

The last few I made seem to be everyone's favorites. We decided on one, #10 I think. It is basically #8 with the inside of the box filled in.

/gifts-vouchers-c-27.html

With your graphics ability I am sure you can come up with better images for the gift certs.

Definately on my todo list. I am working on creating a way for customers to have a customized gift voucher graphic w/ the amount (along w/ a disclaimer saying that might not be the amount, since this part can easily be edited)

Once I finish this, I was going to make the graphics for each item match. Also was going to post the modification to the contrib. But first I need to finish this website...

/account-information-i-3.html

Why not bold the first part of each section, it would make it easier when glancing over it.

"not covered here, please contact us."

It is hard to tell where the links are in your site as the colour of the font is the same as your regular text.

Great idea about making it bold, I'll go through and check other sections to see if they would benifit from the same. Link color: having a little trouble w/ this one, I'll be messing with colors today to see what I like best.

Policy pages: Thanks for the input on those. We are working on majorily fleshing them out... we'll definitely be taking your advice into consideration when doing it. This is one of the last things to do before we can go live.

Purple buttons: hmm I might redo them to the color purple that the titles are, and not have them so button-ish looking, maybe have the same style of the menu title graphics...

Product listings: All of the product listings so far are practice... I did not put full effort into them, the final draft one's shoud be a bit better w/ more details and easy to read tables w/ info on each item...

Very nice looking site thought, good job.

Peter

Thank you for looking over my site! I'm glad you like it :)

• 2 months later...

We plan to go live within 2 weeks (finally). :) We are currently working on adding the product descriptions, which is taking a while because we have no sources to start from, since everything is made by us. What we mostly need feedback on is:

Privacy Statement

and shipping and returns

The policies took a while to write, since we are not legal minded... Is there anything we need to add? Or an angle we didn't think of?

Also we would apreciate feedback on the product descriptions under the necklaces category, as those are the real product descriptions. For now we will be droping the box section, and I will be working on the graphics for the gift voucher section too (right now the gift vouchers are just the default ones)

Right now we only have one necklace product description up, but the rest will follow pretty much the same format. Category link here

Thanks to everyone who has helped us so far, and thanks to the oscommerce community! we really apreciate it!

Archived