• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Why Fixed Width/Centered?

enragedcow

That grey you have doesnt look right.

Hmm.. I also tried the color you suggested, and it looked odd too since it had some continuity issues with the cells between the header and body.

Maybe if I lean towards a more whitish, but with just a hint of color (ala the standard infobox background colors of OSC, but maybe with a little more panache?)

"People tell me I have an inferiority complex. They must be right; after all, they are all smarter than me."

#999985  Doesn't seem to bad.  Now I'll outline it in green as suggested before and see how she goes.

Thanks for the help!  I lack the creativity for this stuff, I swear... but at least I have fun!

lol Having fun is what it is all about.

Not sure what editer you have for images but I use photoshop... one suggestion I have is take a screen shot of your page and open it in photoshop, then you can mess with the sides by choosing different colors and you can see what it would look like without having to edit code over and over.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

lol Having fun is what it is all about.

Not sure what editer you have for images but I use photoshop... one suggestion I have is take a screen shot of your page and open it in photoshop, then you can mess with the sides by choosing different colors and you can see what it would look like without having to edit code over and over.

Yea, I'm using photoshop, it's fantastic.

I just tried black... I think that might work. Or maybe my fiance is right, and I'm just a stupid boy with no taste.

"People tell me I have an inferiority complex. They must be right; after all, they are all smarter than me."

What color are you using for your header navigation?

Header is #74725C, or as I like to call it, "Ugly attempt at something somewhat resembling part of camo"

don't use black, listen to the fiance. lmao =)

God, as if she wasn't right 99% of the time already... ;)

Okay, trying some lighter after I try Butterfly Princess' idea!

Okay, using the header color, with a border around everything. Although the border is showing up grey when it's supposed to be the green, but I can sort that one out easy enough.

Heck you dont even need to add the green border. Looks good like that.

Awesome, Thanks for the help all! I like it pretty well too. I'll no doubt tweak it some more and here and there, but for now it looks great. Much better than the white background and the *ahem* black one.

Who's moronic idea was that one anyway???

Archived