• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ready to go Live... I think

ksaun

I think I found the problem, for some reason I have a Product_info1.php in addition to the Product_info.php

How it got there I can only guess.

I tried to delete it, overwrite it and manually change it but even after the changes and I refresh the site all my products pages are lloking to the Product_info1.php.

Any Ideas what to do? The strange part is all the changes I made to the Product_info.php are appearing just the way they should be.

:blink:

well, I cannot see what is in your code but it appears that your are outputting the text CHARSET instead of the value of the constant CHARSET.

As such you do not provide the charset to the client and that means they see your site in their default charset, and for me that is chinese and therefore I get strange characters on the screen. I am sure similar things happen with others.

Treasurer MFC

well, I cannot see what is in your code but it appears that your are outputting the text CHARSET instead of the value of the constant CHARSET.

As such you do not provide the charset to the client and that means they see your site in their default charset, and for me that is chinese and therefore I get strange characters on the screen. I am sure similar things happen with others.

by the way, it is on all of your pages, not just product info.

Treasurer MFC

by the way, it is on all of your pages, not just product info.

The site is designed for and will be marketed to potential customers only in the US, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Alaska and Hawaii. I'm not marketing it to other countries at this time.

Second, How do I fix the issue you found and include the Charset so it does display correctly for everyone that looks at it? :blush:

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

A couple of bits:

Your colour description: Looks like you've hit capslock.. It's showing "bLACK".

Color: bLACK

Model Name: SO51011

Quantity: 1 Cartridge...

This is on most the pages I've looked at. On the Minolta Micro SP3000, you've got a completely different fontsize for the B (although it's uppercase)

Suggest moving your paypal image box (bottom right) up next to your Free UPS logo. It's lost down there and looks a bit like an ad rather than info.

You've got something missing from your breadcrumb (catalog) I know it's not a relevant link, and understand why you removed it, but the extra chevrons seem like there's a bit of a bug to me.

I'd probably buy from you if you sold cartridges for my printer. :) (lexmark Z55)

Design-wise, I generally like your store. Very tidy. The beige colour's a bit grimey though. You're selling printer ink so you want to use lively vivid colours to reflect your products. Beige makes me think of dusty dot matrix printers. :)

Good luck.

The site is designed for and will be marketed to potential customers only in the US, Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Alaska and Hawaii. I'm not marketing it to other countries at this time.

Second, How do I fix the issue you found and include the Charset so it does display correctly for everyone that looks at it? :blush:

in your pages you need this :

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

and in your language files you need this :

define('CHARSET', 'iso-8859-1');

Treasurer MFC

Thanks for reviewing my site :thumbsup:

Your colour description: Looks like you've hit capslock.. It's showing "bLACK".

Color: bLACK

Model Name: SO51011

Quantity: 1 Cartridge...

This is on most the pages I've looked at. On the Minolta Micro SP3000, you've got a completely different fontsize for the B (although it's uppercase)

It shows up fine on my PC and every other PC that I brought it up on :blush:

What browser or language do you view it in?

Suggest moving your paypal image box (bottom right) up next to your Free UPS logo. It's lost down there and looks a bit like an ad rather than info.

Yeh, I had it up there then moved it down where is is now. Going to move it back :thumbsup:

You've got something missing from your breadcrumb (catalog) I know it's not a relevant link, and understand why you removed it, but the extra chevrons seem like there's a bit of a bug to me.

Since my site is forwarded from www.mysite.com to www.mysite/catalog.com I get the extra >.

I got rid of the text that was associated with the > but can't seem to get rid of the >.

Any Ideas? :blink:

I'd probably buy from you if you sold cartridges for my printer.  (lexmark Z55)

Thanks :thumbsup: but that is an Inkjet printer and we only deal with Toner Cartridges. The quality of remanufacured inkjet cartridges is just not consistant enough for us to feel comfortable in selling them to our clients. Possibly in the future that will change but as for now I only want to sell products that I know are of the highest and most consistant quality.

Design-wise, I generally like your store. Very tidy. The beige colour's a bit grimey though. You're selling printer ink so you want to use lively vivid colours to reflect your products. Beige makes me think of dusty dot matrix printers.

I agree, but I think I have found a better design that I am going to try to implement along with a slightly different color scheme.

With the exception of the problems you noted earlier, what did you think of the layout of the product pages?

Did they have all the info you would look for if you were buying?

What did you think of the "Top 10 Reasons to buy from Us"?

Thanks again, and looking forward to hearing your responces :thumbsup:

in your pages you need this :

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

and in your language files you need this :

Can you be a little more specific on where I need to place this?

and This

Maybe I just need more sleep :lol:

Thanks for reviewing my site :thumbsup:

It shows up fine on my PC and every other PC that I brought it up on :blush:

What browser or language do you view it in?

I'm on standard old IE6 in English if that helps. It's not really enough to turn me off browsing your store, so if you can't fix it... :)

Since my site is forwarded from www.mysite.com to www.mysite/catalog.com I get the extra >.

I'm really not sure of how you can fix it. I've not tinkered with that bit yet. Again, it's not really noticeable and it only is if you're an OSC user. The customers probably won't even notice..

Thanks :thumbsup: but that is an Inkjet printer and we only deal with Toner Cartridges. The quality of remanufacured inkjet cartridges is just not consistant enough for us to feel comfortable in selling them to our clients. Possibly in the future that will change but as for now I only want to sell products that I know are of the highest and most consistant quality.

My printer is out of ink at the moment. It's probably more cost-effective for me to buy a brand new printer every time than buying new cartriges for it, I can see your point. Stick with what you know and build a reputation for selling toners, then as you say, consider expanding in the future (when the manufacturers get their act sorted out)!

With the exception of the problems you noted earlier, what did you think of the layout of the product pages? Did they have all the info you would look for if you were buying?

I liked them. Easy to follow and uncluttered. Nice job. :) I couldn't think of anything else to add to them.

What did you think of the "Top 10 Reasons to buy from Us"?

To be frank, I honestly didn't notice that first time I looked. :blush: Maybe a link to that on the homepage would be good?

One thing I'd say is that you've got a hell of a lot of text there. I know you can't really help that, but you click on it and the scrollbar collapses in on itself.. People might automatically just click "back" and go on with browsing. Also, because it's such a long page it forces your background image to scroll/repeat. I would split that whole page up into eleven smaller ones, One with a set of links (maybe with a summary of each reason, and ten others with each reason on.

Just a thought.

Steve.

To be frank, I honestly didn't notice that first time I looked.  Maybe a link to that on the homepage would be good?

One thing I'd say is that you've got a hell of a lot of text there. I know you can't really help that, but you click on it and the scrollbar collapses in on itself.. People might automatically just click "back" and go on with browsing. Also, because it's such a long page it forces your background image to scroll/repeat. I would split that whole page up into eleven smaller ones, One with a set of links (maybe with a summary of each reason, and ten others with each reason on.

Thanks, good Idea :thumbsup:

My printer is out of ink at the moment. It's probably more cost-effective for me to buy a brand new printer every time than buying new cartriges for it, I can see your point. Stick with what you know and build a reputation for selling toners, then as you say, consider expanding in the future (when the manufacturers get their act sorted out)!

It's funny you say that, one of my clients does just that and sells the old one on Ebay for $20-$40. The lexmarks are notoriously high on their replacement cartridges.

We partnered with a company that is one of the highest rated cartridge remanufactures in the USA. They're HP Certified and have been in business for 12 years remaufacturing cartridges, their customer satifaction rating is 99.3%. They are our excusive provider, so we have ultimate control over the quality of the cartridges. :blush:

Archived