Sign in to follow this  
NeoNiko

Doeas ANYONE know anything about Easy Populate?

Hello everyone. Well, today I dived into EP and I am a little confused on what to do. So here are a few question I came accross while working with EP:

1. What is the difference between EPA & EPB. I exported the file from my test products and added 1 new one for a test run and it told me I had to use EPB.

2. How do I know what product ID to assign any new products in the file?

3. Can a file named the same as an old one with updated info overwright the old one (and in the SQL DB) and delete the products that are no longer there?

4. Can I delete the extra fields I don't use (i.e. v_products_images_xl), or will that mess it all up?

5. I have several distributors that I can get csv files from. Is it possible to import them seperately to make it easier to do changes or do they all have to be merged into one massive file to import?

Well, so far that is all that I can think of at the moment so thank you all very much in advance for your help :)

Thank you,

NeoNiko

this is the support thread for easypopulate:

http://forums.oscommerce.com/index.php?showtopic=64945

have no idea what version you are using. anyway read thru the thread, your answers are there, as well asa in the docs which come with ep.

post any other questions/comments in the support thread.

John Oligario

Knowledge Base Contributions

Mibble -

Thanx....sometimes I tend to post in the wrong place when i am frustrated....heading there now :)

Thank you,

NeoNiko