• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ADMIN ACCESS with LEVEL - cannot change password

ADMIN ACCESS with LEVEL - cannot change password

My install of the mod appears to be OK - I can login as Administrator, create other administrators and get them to login etc.

What ISN'T happening is that I cannot change my password(s). Instead of a password change form, I just see the information block for the user with no fields. ie. I am asked for my password to access the password editor - I enter my password - and then I find myself looking at the user info block and nothing else.

I have seen what I should be seeing on a friend's installation - neither of us know what is going wrong here.

Anyone have any ideas?

When you first log in, you should be presented with a blue box saying "Choose an Action." Click on the My Account link. That will give you a page with your account info. Click on Edit and change your password.

ed

How did you do step 2 in the install?

2. Database.

You must to create three tables into your DB, using the 'admin_tabel.sql' file.

I must be missing something cause I can't figure it out.

When you first log in, you should be presented with a blue box saying "Choose an Action."  Click on the My Account link.  That will give you a page with your account info.  Click on Edit and change your password.

ed

i did not get the blue box. in fact i can still log in to the admin area with the same password i was using before i installed this contribution. the only diference is that the menu items on the left don't show up. but i can still get to it from the blue admin tool interface. to log in whwere i can see the administration menu and the rest is if i go to catalog/admin/login.php but then when i get in there i can add new people but how do i change my own pasword. there is no blue box asking me to take an accion. in fact if i go to the default catalog/admin/ my new id and password (post installation) does not work.

please help!

if you can not login with the password during installation, not much we are going to be able to do. as this must be the first install, then reinstall and make sure you remember the password. or uninstall the contribution and use htaccess.

if you can not login with the password during installation, not much we are going to be able to do.  as this must be the first install, then reinstall and make sure you remember the password.  or uninstall the contribution and use htaccess.

i can login i just don't see what ur seeing. no blue box not change ur password link.

are you the john i have been talking about fixing my phphbb??

• 1 year later...

i also have this problem...

when i go into change my account i enter the password and then nothing happens.. It accepts the password but no fields show up to change anything.

There is defo a problem somewhere.. does this contribution need register globals on..

My server also uses mysql 4.1.20-standard and PHP 5.1.4

something is a miss somewhere...