• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Anyone use Alternative Attribute Handling Contrib?

rotaour

I was wondering if anyone had modified the Alternative Attribute Handling contribution to display option attributes in several columns rather than the one long column it does now. I'd like to see each option divided out into columns with each new option in a new row. I can figure it out but it'd be easier if someone's already done it....

TIA

Matt Mika

Installed Contributions: Multi-Stores, QTPro, CCGV(trad), Batch Print, EasyPopulate, Simple Manual Order Entry, Encrypting Credit Card Via Mcrypt, UPSXML, Down for Maintenance, On The Fly GD Thumbs, SPPC, SPPC Hide, and various personal tweaks

• 1 year later...

Hi all.

I have serious doubt with the entire attributes system.

in my shop, each product has about 25 attributes. Some of them have up to 30 options (i am not creazy, i am selling prescription lenses!)

Now, because the system the way it is now make me save EACH option for EACH attributes for EACH product, my attributes table has about 260 options for each product. is already about to blow.

according to my understanding of the problem, i should build a template of attributues(and related options) then apply it to the selected articles.

so i shouldnt have a product_to_attributesOptions any more, but a product_to_template only.

when i display product_info.php i should load all the information related to the product + all the attributes in the linked template. thats it.

I am wrong? am i missing any important information in my logic?

please advice on this. Please let me know if any one has worked on this before.

thanks

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

• 8 months later...