• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

oscommerce for dummies...

Jumping Rabbit

Help, help, help......

For what..most questions have been answered before...

Use the search function in the forum..if you do not get the results you want..try shis..use google..in the search field ad your query and add the word oscommerce...

The osc knowledgebase base contains alot of usefull info, you can find it here oscommerce.info

After you have tried this and have not found a solution, post your question in the forum....

Att.. Remember to detail your question with relevant information inc. your web site url, product url.

:thumbsup:

The KB also contains a tip for how to best explain your problem, what you have done already in order to get best and fastest results from fellow oscommercers.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

See the thread in my signature that explains how to search more effectively.

Most folks are used to AND searches. This forum uses a modified OR search.

-jared

• 3 weeks later...

Do any of you newbees ever search through the forum, check out the contribution section and/or visite the oscommerce knowledgebase. ( osc knowledge base )

Do any of you newbees ever search through the forum, check out the contribution section and/or visite the oscommerce knowledgebase. ( osc knowledge base )

I always do extensive searches and only post requests for help moments before I reach the 'This PC's going through that window' point... lol

I :)

I always do extensive searches and only post requests for help moments before I reach the 'This PC's going through that window' point... lol

I :)

Same here! I've been learning a LOT by reading and searching both the forum and the KB. Thank you everyone!

I get more and more convinced every day......

Most newbees do not use the Oscommerce Knowledgebase , the forum Search , nor check out the Contribution section before posting their very basic and easily solved posts.

Easily solved that is if they did take the time to use the mentioned ressources available to one and all...

• 2 weeks later...
I get more and more convinced every day......

Most newbees do not use the Oscommerce Knowledgebase , the forum Search , nor check out the Contribution section before posting their very basic and easily solved posts.

Easily solved that is if they did take the time to use the mentioned ressources available to one and all...

Hi all and thanks for your work!

I am a complete newbie and learnig by the minute. I have found this post invaluable as I DIDNT know there was a knowledge base despite being a seasoned surfer and web "master" (mistress) I was just wondering why there isnt a big bright bold link at the top of every page in here saying "KNOWLEDGE BASE"!

Thanks again .. wont bug you until I have searched and read the KB

kaety :blush:

Archived