• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Contribution login/create account page

This is the support tread for Combined login and create account page

Its fairly basic to use and implement, but if you have any questions feel free to post them here...... :D

• 1 month later...

Its fairly basic to use and implement, but if you have any questions feel free to post them here...... :D

Hello,

It appears you can create an account but not login on the create account page. It appears the error logic and login php code was removed.

I just added after

else {
         tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
     }
   }
 }

This:

$error = false;
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] == 'processLogin')) {
   $email_address = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['email_address']);
   $password = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['password']);

// Check if email exists
   $check_customer_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " where customers_email_address = '" . tep_db_input($email_address) . "'");
   if (!tep_db_num_rows($check_customer_query)) {
     $error = true;
   } else {
     $check_customer = tep_db_fetch_array($check_customer_query);
// Check that password is good
     if (!tep_validate_password($password, $check_customer['customers_password'])) {
       $error = true;
     } else {
       if (SESSION_RECREATE == 'True') {
         tep_session_recreate();
       }

$check_country_query = tep_db_query("select entry_country_id, entry_zone_id from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$check_customer['customers_id'] . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$check_customer['customers_default_address_id'] . "'");
       $check_country = tep_db_fetch_array($check_country_query);

$customer_id = $check_customer['customers_id'];
       $customer_default_address_id = $check_customer['customers_default_address_id'];
       $customer_first_name = $check_customer['customers_firstname'];
       $customer_country_id = $check_country['entry_country_id'];
       $customer_zone_id = $check_country['entry_zone_id'];
       tep_session_register('customer_id');
       tep_session_register('customer_default_address_id');
       tep_session_register('customer_first_name');
       tep_session_register('customer_country_id');
       tep_session_register('customer_zone_id');
       tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " set customers_info_date_of_last_logon = now(), customers_info_number_of_logons = customers_info_number_of_logons+1 where customers_info_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "'");

// restore cart contents
       $cart->restore_contents();

if (sizeof($navigation->snapshot) > 0) {
         $origin_href = tep_href_link($navigation->snapshot['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->snapshot['get'], array(tep_session_name())), $navigation->snapshot['mode']);
         $navigation->clear_snapshot();
         tep_redirect($origin_href);

} else {
         tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
       }
     }
   }
 }

if ($error == true) {
   $messageStack->add('login', TEXT_LOGIN_ERROR);
 }

Is this correct or will it cause future errors?

Also what is changed in the checkout_shipping.php besides it directing the checkout instead of login?

Thanks!

Edited by homewetbar

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

On more question, although I love the fact that it directs to shipping automatically when you have an item in the cart, it does not register the gift certificate if you copy and paste the url if you have something in your shopping cart as far as I can tell, and suggestions for a work around?

Thanks!

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

• 1 month later...

hi

i cant sign in using an existing account in the login box header in the create_account/login page.

also, i cannot implement this mod to work for the email validation mod.

any tips?

thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

1. Use the drop in files provided, then you can log-in or sign up from the create account page without problem...

2. If you try to merge this contribution with other mods, take note of the start/endings of forms...

• 4 weeks later...
1. Use the drop in files provided, then you can log-in or sign up from the create account page without problem...

2. If you try to merge this contribution with other mods, take note of the start/endings of forms...

Hello, do you have the code that allows just for a customer to go from creating an account directly to the shipping page (bypassing the create_account_success.php page)? I have seen many implementations that include this but I don't need the other features and I'm not a good enough programmer to figure out the nuances. Can anyone help out? I greatly appreciate your help.

Mike

Hello, do you have the code that allows just for a customer to go from creating an account directly to the shipping page (bypassing the create_account_success.php page)? I have seen many implementations that include this but I don't need the other features and I'm not a good enough programmer to figure out the nuances. Can anyone help out? I greatly appreciate your help.

Mike

Actually I think I figured it out. In catalog/create_account.php you can search for the word: redirect. This line is close to the top and you can see that it redirects to the CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS page. I just changed that to CHECKOUT_SHIPPING page and it worked. I haven't found any related bugs but I will post if something comes up.

Mike

Actually I think I figured it out. In catalog/create_account.php you can search for the word: redirect. This line is close to the top and you can see that it redirects to the CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS page. I just changed that to CHECKOUT_SHIPPING page and it worked. I haven't found any related bugs but I will post if something comes up.

Mike

Hi Mike, yes that will work...but if a customer browsing your site,just chooses to create an account for some reason, it will throw him to a your shopping cart is empty page...

The one justed in this contribution, which in such a case will show him/her a create account success page, while if its a shopper will send him/her directely to the checkout_shipping is this code:

? ? ? ? ? ?if ($cart->count_contents() == 0) {
? ? ? ? ?tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));
? ? ?}
? ? ?else {
? ? ? ? ?tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));
? ? ?}

Edited by Jumping Rabbit

• 1 month later...

hi...

i have installed the contribution!

wenn i chose to create a account or not to chose one i get the error

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/www/htdocs/shop1/includes/classes/email.php on line 71

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/www/htdocs/shop1/includes/classes/email.php on line 72

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/www/htdocs/shop1/includes/functions/general.php on line 970
Query was empty - Query was empty

Query was empty

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

greetz john

• 3 weeks later...
hi...

i have installed the contribution!

wenn i chose to create a account or not to chose one i get the error

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/www/htdocs/shop1/includes/classes/email.php on line 71

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/www/htdocs/shop1/includes/classes/email.php on line 72

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/www/htdocs/shop1/includes/functions/general.php on line 970
Query was empty - Query was empty

Query was empty

[TEP STOP]
Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

greetz john

thank you all for your help... i have backup my files and put the nice contrib in to the bin!

i dont want to say its crap, it looks nice but simple dont work (for me), and no it dont work by replacing the files (new version and old version) :thumbsup:

greetz john

• 2 weeks later...
thank you all for your help... i have backup my files and put the nice contrib in to the bin!

i dont want to say its crap, it looks nice but simple dont work (for me), and no it dont work by replacing the files (new version and old version) :thumbsup:

greetz john

This mod does not offer a choice of create or not create an account..so actually i have no idea what you are talking about... (unless you are talking about Nana/Franks Fast and easy chekout mod..which does have this option aswell as incorporating this mod as part of it)

The good news.. after the christmas rush is over.. i will post an updated version with more elegant layout and a further 1 step reduction of the checkout....

So till after happy new year...have a greate time.... :-)

Edited by Jumping Rabbit

• 4 weeks later...
This mod does not offer a choice of create or not create an account..so actually i have no idea what you are talking about... (unless you are talking about Nana/Franks Fast and easy chekout mod..which does have this option aswell as incorporating this mod as part of it)

The good news.. after the christmas rush is over.. i will post an updated version with more elegant layout and a further 1 step reduction of the checkout....

So till after happy new year...have a greate time.... :-)

dont matter i have fixed it and will upload the fix now...

btw. the read me said Combined Login/Create Account Page!

and yes i have taken it from

QUOTE(Jumping Rabbit @ May 9 2005, 09:52 AM)

i have made modifications myself so i can chose to setup a retail account where only addess, tel, email, email confimation, password, password confirmation and newsletter is askes for and the option to setup an account or not. for wholesale i have set it up so you get asked company name and contact person, newsletter, upload a image! all data from both is checked and confirmed on a new page ;)

(no its not in my upload!)

merry x-mass and thank you :thumbsup:

greetz john

• 1 month later...

The contrib by Nana supercedes this contrib in functionality by far, so i would recommend those interested to take a look at it first, Fast Easy Checkout .

I have never used login/create account page on any live site myself, i just made it in response to a forum request for such a mod... B)

I will let this contrib and support for it rest for now.....But if there is enough interest for it..i will release a new cosmetically improved version.

• 2 years later...

Since Fast and Easy checkout is a bit bug ridden and do not seem to have been abandoned.. i have made a new version of the combine login and create account contribution.

This is a very simple mod involving only 2 files , and should work in any installed language without any further modifiactions needed.

Its made and tested on RC2a but should also work on earlier versions of MS2.2.

Original Checkout:

Login >> create account >> create account success >> checkout shipping >> checkout payment >> checkout confirmation >> checkout sucess

Faster Checkout:

Login/create account >> checkout shipping >> checkout payment >> checkout confirmation >> checkout sucess

The new mod can be found here: Faster Checkout 1.0