• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

What can I do more?

A couple of things that struck me on the site, take this as just my opinion, but an opinion non the less....

Your product images need work. The small images that show on the product page have been overly compressed, and have lost a lot of detail. Your in a business where glimmer sells, and your products look like they don't glimmer :(

You give a lot of technical verbage about the product, but you don't tell me why I would want to buy it. Being a guy, I don't understand jewelry, so tell me what a piece is good for, or at least describe the piece in words. This has the advantage of helping your search engine rankings, plus making a shopper feel more informed.

Get a company logo designed, or redesigned. In fact, get the whole header 'polished' by a designer. On a lot of stores, yours would be fine, but again, your in an industry where glitz and glamour sell.

Add categories by types, such as gifts, wedding, birthdays, graduations, etc. Last time I shopped for jewelry, I didn't go looking for a 'gold necklace', I went looking for something for my wife for christmas. The nice thing about the cart, is you can have it both ways, but make sure you offer the customer the way they want to shop.

Might be my monitor, but the main image on the home page is very yucky, especially the text line on the top. This needs to be replaced. Now, I'm looking at this on a laptop, but with a very high res LCD display. If it looks good on your computer, you might want to start visiting some friends and looking at your site on their computer.

Last but not least, I had to spend time looking for the 'home' button. Okay, it's obviously in the header, eventually I found it there. I would recommend adding it to the left side of the horizontal menu as well. Just a bit of tradition :)

Dan

Dan Stevens

Archived