• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Support] Category Fields

I am trying to make an custom search page that will search only on e category and include the extra caregory fields. how would I go about doing that? What table do I find that info in, how do I get it, etc.

Ok - I recently did this for a client and its kinda tricky. It requires sub queries, so the MySQL version must be 4.1 or higher. An example of the type of query required includes something like this:

and p2pef.products_extra_fields_value IN ('value1', 'value2, 'value3' ) group by p.products_id having count(p2pef.products_extra_fields_value) = 3

What I did was a custom search form, NOT fully dynamic according to the extra fields (MUCH more work).

Matti

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

i keep getting this error:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1' at line 6

i have phpMyAdmin 2.7

if anybody can help i would apreciate it!

and please be pacient, i'm a newbie

• 1 month later...

hi to all, sori again for my bad english,

for several days i try to make this contribuion to work whith osCommerce.XML 0.6 (Easy Populatealte alternative) (ep don't work for me, try to hard, the osCommerce.XML 0.6 (Easy Populatealte alternative)

work very whel)

please help me sombody

How is this contrib supposed to work? I installed it and now I get "category fields" under admin section...

I tried to add two fields and everything went fine...

fields.jpg

Now my question is: where should these new fields appear and where can I input or add a text for them?

They don't appear anywhere at the moment.

hi to all, sori again for my bad english,

for several days i try to make this contribuion to work whith osCommerce.XML 0.6 (Easy Populatealte alternative) (ep don't work for me, try to hard, the osCommerce.XML 0.6 (Easy Populatealte alternative)

work very whel)

please help me sombody

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anybody have done Ajax Search for Extra Fields? I found it on some webpage, but I dont't want to pay $29 for this... it should be GPL ;-)

... If you dont konw what I mean... I want to write a ajax search in products category fields (product fields), but all fields are in drop-down lists, so I can choose from text already existing in this fields. (sorry for my english..)

• 3 months later...

Upon installing this contribution, I love it. My only question is in regards to the Advanced Search. I am getting the following error:

Products meeting the search criteria Products meeting the search criteria

1066 - Not unique table/alias: 'pd'

select count(distinct p.products_id) as total from (products p left join products_to_products_extra_fields p2pef on p.products_id=p2pef.products_id) left join manufacturers m on m.manufacturers_id=p.manufacturers_id, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, categories c, products_to_categories p2c, products_description pd, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and ((pd.products_name like '%donkey%' or p.products_model like '%donkey%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%donkey%' or p2pef.products_extra_fields_value like '%donkey%') )

[TEP STOP]

In the catalog/advanced_search_results.php file, I can see that it's aliasing the tables twice, but I'm not sure which table references on which fields I should change to tablename2 or something. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Got that searching working. Now running into the issue where I need to display these Category Fields on the Product Listing page (viewed when clicking on a category). Having some troubles with the sql and changing the Product Listing table. Anyone else running into this? Thanks in advance.

I have installed tons of contributions... however I am just not getting this one. I installed it and I see Category Fields in the admin section. When I click on that I see: Field Name Category Type Sort Order.

I add that, but I do not see where you can input text at? How do you add text to show under the subcategories?

Thank you,

Shawn

First off, I my must say this is a great contrib. :thumbsup:

My question, is there a way to use a string to pull in only a certain feild so I can put them where ever I want instead of one above each other?

Example:

I created 2 new fields. One if for common questions and the other is warranty length.

On the product_info.php I'd like to display the warranty at the top of the page (above product description) and I'd like to display the common questions under the product description.

Is there any way I can alter this code to do this?

I am using this code currently:

<?php echo $extra_fields['value'] ?>

thanks in advance for your help....

Edited by navyhost

Sincerely

Mike

• 1 month later...

Hi

I need to add a form field to certain products on the product_info page so a user can fill in extra info needed. I print t-shirts with text and need the user to be able to give me that text. Could your contribution do this?

Thanks

• 8 months later...

Hello,

I finally found the contribution I was looking for for some time. I installed it and started to fill out the Category Fields.

Then I got confused: The contribution I installed should not have the inherited Fields, but in my shop the category fields are inherited:

Category A

Part = "plate"

Category field = "Field" and content = "For Type A"

Category B

Part = "plate" (same parts as in category A)

Category field = "Field" and content = "For Type B"

When I look at the Part "plate" in the catalog both the Field contents are displayed in product_info in Category A and B:

"For Type A"

"For Type B"

I expected that in Category A only the content "For Type A is displayed for the part "plate"

How can this be solved?

Thanks very much in advance for your reply.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This contribution got me interested and I have got it partly working.

In admin I can add fields and more. The thing is though that the fields won´t show up in my category pages!?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Hi everyone,

This contribution is exactly what I have been looking for for quite a while. Thanks so much!

I installed it, everything works fine except for the search.

I typed in the search word 'test' and hit return:

Instead of search results, I got the following error message:

1054 - unknown table field 'p.products_id' in on clause

select count(distinct p.products_id) as total from (products p left join products_to_products_extra_fields p2pef on p.products_id=p2pef.products_id) left join manufacturers m on m.manufacturers_id=p.manufacturers_id, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '2' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and ((pd.products_name like '%test%' or p.products_model like '%test%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%test%' or p2pef.products_extra_fields_value like '%test%') )

Can anyone help me out?

How can I get this problem solved?

Thanks so much

Daniel