• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Heavily Modded osC Site

moonlitsun

Check THIS puppy out: MyBigBow

All kinds of bells and whistles powering this one. We modeled it after another project of ours.

You like? B)

Thx

Stuff We did:

Custom Header Nav Buttons

Custom Rotating Side Banner System

Hard-Coded Graphics throughout Categories

etc etc etc (goes on and on)

NOTE: This client site isnt TOTALLY complete, yet. No SSL and we're still updating the product descriptions/price info from another mySQL database.

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

"Choose from hundreds" redirects me to a "website under construction" page are you aware of this?

Privacy Notice, Conditions of use, shipping & returns i am sure you will put something here

you have a "view cart" at the top and a "shopping cart preview" at the bottom, is both needed?

Clicking "Electronics" sends/redirects me to a blank page

No "Home" button to send me back where i started from

Contact us... Add more info tel, addy etc, i am sure this will be done

Other than that, a top site and well done

"Choose from hundreds" redirects me to a "website under construction" page are you aware of this?

Privacy Notice, Conditions of use, shipping & returns  i am sure you will put something here

you have a "view cart" at the top and a "shopping cart preview" at the bottom, is both needed?

Clicking "Electronics" sends/redirects me to a blank page

No "Home" button to send me back where i started from

Contact us... Add more info tel, addy etc, i am sure this will be done

Other than that, a top site and well done

Mike,

Yep, we're working on these final issues as the project nears completion. Thx!

Your images in "Site Wide New Products" aren't showing up in my browser. I don't know if you are still updating these, but you'll definitly want to fix that. The overall look and feel is a bit busy. I think that it's fine, but the designers would probably have something to say about it.

I have really been liking the purchase without account lately. I can't remeber, but I was viewing a site eariler today that did it quite nice with the option of proceding without creating an account, logging in with an existing account, or just plain making an account. I think that's the way I'll be going in the future.

It's a little confusing the way the link takes you to http://www.ecopeia.com, and I loose my cart. If you are running both of these sites, and using them in parallel, I would have the cart follow across as well.

I like the graphics, but I see images missing here and there. I think that the scroll through products is a nice addition.

Once again, great job on the header navigation. I think that is the strongest aspect of all your sites.

I click on the electronics advertisment and it took me to a blank page: http://www.mybigbow.com/redirect.php?action=banner&goto=2

Not sure if your appare of that or not.

You have an interesting assorment of products. I wouldn't think you could sell refrigant online without a license, but I guess you learn something every day.

This is a very nice site. It looks like it took quite a bit of work. There is almost too much there. I'm a little overwhelmed, and my only complaint would be it's a little too busy, with too much stuff in one site. I'm just not sure what I'm suppose to be looking at.

Nice job, your sites are always an inspiration. :thumbsup:

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

Your images in "Site Wide New Products" aren't showing up in my browser.  I don't know if you are still updating these, but you'll definitly want to fix that.  The overall look and feel is a bit busy.  I think that it's fine, but the designers would probably have something to say about it.

I have really been liking the purchase without account lately.  I can't remeber, but I was viewing a site eariler today that did it quite nice with the option of proceding without creating an account, logging in with an existing account, or just plain making an account.  I think that's the way I'll be going in the future.

It's a little confusing the way the link takes you to http://www.ecopeia.com, and I loose my cart.  If you are running both of these sites, and using them in parallel, I would have the cart follow across as well.

I like the graphics, but I see images missing here and there.  I think that the scroll through products is a nice addition.

Once again, great job on the header navigation.  I think that is the strongest aspect of all your sites.

I click on the electronics advertisment and it took me to a blank page: http://www.mybigbow.com/redirect.php?action=banner&goto=2

You have an interesting assorment of products.  I wouldn't think you could sell refrigant online without a license, but I guess you learn something every day.

This is a very nice site.  It looks like it took quite a bit of work.  There is almost too much there.  I'm a little overwhelmed, and my only complaint would be it's a little too busy, with too much stuff in one site.  I'm just not sure what I'm suppose to be looking at.

one minor thing which always irritates me as a customer, don't show categories which are empty, I am invited to click and it goes nowhere. Either make sure all your categories have products or only show the ones that do.

Treasurer MFC

Nice and appealing.....i would guess this is a rework based on the ecopeia site...which also is very nice.......

Att: Some of the thumbnail pictures are missing, and your favicon is still the one from ecopeia......

Your images in "Site Wide New Products" aren't showing up in my browser.  I don't know if you are still updating these, but you'll definitly want to fix that.  The overall look and feel is a bit busy.  I think that it's fine, but the designers would probably have something to say about it.

I have really been liking the purchase without account lately.  I can't remeber, but I was viewing a site eariler today that did it quite nice with the option of proceding without creating an account, logging in with an existing account, or just plain making an account.  I think that's the way I'll be going in the future.

It's a little confusing the way the link takes you to http://www.ecopeia.com, and I loose my cart.  If you are running both of these sites, and using them in parallel, I would have the cart follow across as well.

I like the graphics, but I see images missing here and there.  I think that the scroll through products is a nice addition.

Once again, great job on the header navigation.  I think that is the strongest aspect of all your sites.

You have an interesting assorment of products.  I wouldn't think you could sell refrigant online without a license, but I guess you learn something every day.

This is a very nice site.  It looks like it took quite a bit of work.  There is almost too much there.  I'm a little overwhelmed, and my only complaint would be it's a little too busy, with too much stuff in one site.  I'm just not sure what I'm suppose to be looking at.

Ryan,

Thanks for all of the input! We'll be sure to follow up on all of these suggestions. I agree that the content is somewhat overwhelming, and i think it'll be cleaner when the project is done.

As for the linking, we are still fixing some hard-coded elements that originally pointed to eCopeia.

Thx Again!

Nice and appealing.....i would guess this is a rework based on the ecopeia site...which also is very nice.......

Att: Some of the thumbnail pictures are missing, and your favicon is still the one from ecopeia......

Very astute observation. ;)

We are pulling in the last images and lining them up appropriately. Also, we'll probably be installing a new favicon based on Big Bow's logo.

Thx!

Very astute observation. ;)

We are pulling in the last images and lining them up appropriately.  Also, we'll probably be installing a new favicon based on Big Bow's logo.

Thx!

from product_info.php:

SDAT MixSonic MS-989 DVD Karaoke Player

[MS-989]

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select p.products_id from products p, products_to_categories ptc where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = ptc.products_id and ptc.categories_id =

[TEP STOP]

Treasurer MFC

from product_info.php:

SDAT MixSonic MS-989 DVD Karaoke Player

[MS-989]

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select p.products_id from products p, products_to_categories ptc where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = ptc.products_id and ptc.categories_id =

[TEP STOP]

Yep, we're aware of that. We're just lining up a few more elements within the dbase and the php scripts.

Thx Again

Hi

Another well done site. It shows what can be done with OSCommerce.

1. Text links rule the search engine world right now, which is a shame. It makes designing sites that much more difficult. I would change the font and color of the text links in the boxes (especially the categories box), to something a little more pronounced. Try something like what is used in the graphical header links. They look a lot smoother.

2. Something lacking in the logo, but you have to work with what you are given, so I suppose tht is unavoidable.

3. The arrow for the search box is subtle and sweet. Thats an idea worth pinching/ copying :D.

4. Clicking on the "take it outside" graphic opens a new window...A pet hate of mine.

They should make a gallery of unusual and well done OSCommerce sites, so that others can be inspired.

Mark

http://www.durance.fr

Archived