• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Zones module wont disable

Hi all;

I have been using Oscommerce for a business site since Feb 2005 and have had no real problems - until I tried to add extra zones to the zones module (I am using the zones.php zones2.php contribution found here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...arch,zones2.php).

I changed the number of zones in zones.php from 3 to 5 and it completely freaked out my shipping modules admin page (php errors). I then restored the original zones.php. While this got the shipping module page working again I am stuck with another problem.

The 'zones.php' module is apparently still installed (it has a 0 next to it indicating a sort order position and it appears in the checkout). However, when I click on it in the shipping modules list instead of 'remove' or 'edit' the button I have is 'Install' - clicking 'Install' does nothing.

If I delete the zones.php my checkout dies on the shipping options page asking for the zones.php.

What can I do? Or where should I look?

I have read the config tables in the database but am unsure what controls whether the zones.php is installed or not - and am too afraid to make changes...

Thanks;

Jeremy

Well I fixed it! If anyone else gets stuck like this the fix is as follows:

(nb: this involves editing your database - make a backup first!!!)

1: remove the zones.php from the MODULES_SHIPPING_INSTALLED table

2: remove all MODULES_SHIPPING_ZONES tables. (be careful to not remove ZONES2 tables or any other table)

3: In admin reinstall the zones.php module - hey presto - it works!

The problem appears to be that if the zones.php breaks - and you then try to reinstall it - it will create duplicate MODULES_SHIPPING_ZONES tables in the db - and leave the old ones behind, the module will not work with the duplicate tables so they must be manually removed.

Jdwl