• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Header Tag Contribution Documents

I've installed the most recent header tags controller. Everything appears to be working (site didn't crash), but I'm not sure how to use the functionality as there is no real documentation to support it.

Does anyone have any experience using the latest version that they can share with the rest of us?

Thank you,

WebDuck

There's no documentation since seting it up falls under the realm of SEO and that is far too complicated a subject to cover with a few paragraphs. Basically, to begin with, you need to set the title up to match the keyword for each page. The meta tags should also mention the keyword and that keyword should be used as much as possible on the page without making it un-readable to a human. Obviously, the keyword is key (:)) to all of this so you need to spend a lot of time on getting the correct one. How do you all of that? You need to read through the posts here on the forum dealing with that topic as well as typing in SEO in a search engine and spending a few hours going over the basics. It is not difficult to do but it does take a lot of effort on your part.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons