• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Stock Taking Cost 0.2

thdt98

• 2 weeks later...

First off, This looks like an amazing contribution and I thank you for your time coding it.

I'm pretty good with PHP but I need a bit of help with the first step:

1. add a table in ( database )

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_price_cost` decimal(10,2) default NULL AFTER `products_price`;

How exactly is that done? I believe it involves going into phpMyAdmin but I have no clue what to do after that.

Thanks for all any help in advance.

Yes you are right you have to go into phpMyadmin.

You have to open a query window (SQL button for instance) and placing into it the code 'Alter.....' and press go. The table should added.

I think the best is to have a go. When I started last year I knew nothing in mySQL and php. I learned by try and error and with those forums.

Maybe my install might be a little difficult for someone with no experience. Perhaps the contrib margin 2.6 would be easier.

Anyway give it a go.

thanks for that,

I think I did it right the first time I tried because this is the error it gives me now:

Error

SQL-query:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_price_cost` decimal( 10, 2 ) default NULL AFTER `products_price`

MySQL said: Documentation

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'products_price_cost'