• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please give comments about my store

e-hobbies

Hi there, I have had this site up for a wee while, have put a lot of time into it, and would love to get some community feedback please.

E-Hobbies NZ

Have installed quite a few mods, thanks for all those people who have put so much time into this software.

Greetings,

I think your site looks great! Header seems a bit busy. I like the Navigation images and buttons. Not quite that crazy about the oval drop shadow behind the product images. They sort of interfear with those great looking images you have. All in all it looks like a great job. I would buy!

Good Luck!

Moon

"Woohoo, Just Havin Funnn!"

I like it. I think for a site that feels very stock osC, it came out looking real nice. I like your icons for account, cart contents, and checkout. For some reason, those icons can really cause a problem. I also really like your buy now buttons. It interesting what you did with the online auction too. I think you need to change the header text color for the pages like "Current Auctions" the light gray doesn't really go with the site.

I think that you could get rid of the text

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log into your personal account? Or do you need to create your own account with us to receive the full benefits of our site?

It's not really necessary, and it just seems too stock osC. I would replace it with a cool image.

I like the centering with the rounder corners, it adds a nice touch. I'm not sure best sellers is necessary, but yours is one of the few sites that I see it working at all for. Most sites, it adds nothing, but I guess it adds a bit to your site. I just takes up quite a bit of screen real estate.

I think that you could benefit from some more images on your product_info page. You have done a good job with your text, and it's very helpful, but people like to see pictures.

I like your products. I have always wanted an R/C helicopter. Everytime I went to buy one, I would get descouraged by the sales people that would say it's too hard to fly. I figure that now I can probably afford to buy some replacement parts though, so I may end up geting one. Any suggestions on which is the easiest to fly?

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

Thanks all for your comments - a couple of quick ones:

RyanSmith - I am not to sure what you mean, well I do about getting rid of the text, but not sure what type of image you are meaning.... would you please be able to elebrate on what kind you were meaning please.....

I have looked at wacking in the more images, I really should get onto that in the next day or so, cheers.

moonbeam - I thought about not having the drop shadows, but then they looked too much like actual products, I was just trying to make a distinct difference between the too, but thanks for the comments, and I will have a look and see if I can make them any better.

RyanSmith - I am not to sure what you mean, well I do about getting rid of the text, but not sure what type of image you are meaning.... would you please be able to elebrate on what kind you were meaning please.....

I'm just saying that your landing page doesn't really have anything visual to really draw me in. Text just scares me away because I don't want to read it. Browsing the net for most people is a visual expirence that doesn't involve in depth reading. I don't really know what you can do here to make it more visually exciting as I'm not a designer(thank god that I have some in my office). I can only tell you that it needs something more.

osCommerce is a great piece of software with wonderful contributions.

Spend some time in the contribution area. There are a lot of gems there.

Archived