• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is there an easy way to display some categories

rus3439

Hi,

I created diff. categories in admin panel but i don't want some of them to be displayed under categories table in my catalog.

I only want certain categories to be displayed, but not the others, however, i need the others to exist in admin panel so i can ponit other links on my site to them.

Thanks,

Ruslan

We are not that rich to buy cheap things

Hi,

Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Are the 'others' actually categories? What information did you want to be able to link to? and which pages did you want them to link from?

Thanks

Jane

:D

There is a contribution which will allow you to switch categories on and off via the control panel. Sorry - can't remember what it's called, you'll have to search Contributions for it.

Vger

Hi,

Sorry, I'm a little confused.

Are the 'others' actually categories? What information did you want to be able to link to? and which pages did you want them to link from?

Thanks

Jane

:D

Look at My Webpage. You see the alphabet letters that are links - these are created through admin and use the links generated by admin. But i don't want them to be displayed under categories table, but other categories i do want to be displayed like "bestsellers" and "Action" and so on. Right now i do display everything the way i want to but when it comes to switching to russian language the categories table does not get translated cause it's coded into sts_template that i use.

So the possible solution to this would be to turn off some of the categories like "A","B", and so on, but keep them in the admin, and keep others displayed through regular $category_box in the sts_template.

Any ideas and workarounds are welcome,

Thanks,

Ruslan

We are not that rich to buy cheap things

Archived