• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Batch Printing without Frames or PDF

assembler

I just came across an issue with downloading labels where the customer had put brackets around part of their address (for instance mycompany (UK) ltd) and everything up to the brackets imported into the label but anything after that didnt.

Is there a way of escaping brackets in the strings being downloaded?

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be working ok, is there a way to have the customer notified when updating the status?

i.e. send email of the new status

I just updated the contribution to allow for this.

Check it out, working great.

• 1 month later...

Great contribution...

I just wanted to edit it slightly so I had a link on the view order page (viewing a single order) so I could print a label off directly from that page. I figured the link would look something like https://www.domain.com/admin/print_batch_process.php?target_file=labels&batch_order_numbers=15831 however this doesnt work.

Can someone point me in the right direction of what this should be?

thanks

• 2 months later...

Been using 1.5 for almost a month now, but today something strange happened. I went to batch print 3 orders (so nothing excessive) and it froze, hung forever. No one else could access the orders.php, while the batchprint was occuring.

Finally I had to restart mysql to get the website to operate normally.

Any ideas why this would be happening. Seems to affect only orders history. Other parts of the website were accessible both front and back.

My guess, is there is an SQL error in the code that overloaded the orders table? is that possible?

• 1 month later...

Hey I just added a update file to the contribution, I wanted to have the option to notify a customer of an status update or not. My changes adds a Yes/No radio along with the other options that you can select to notify the customer of a status change instead of always emailing the customer for every status change.

So see the contribution page for these changes:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3155

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have everything work ing as I would like bar one thing. When an Email is sent to a customer, it does not provide a link to their acccount. It does say click here in the Email, but the link is not there. I have tried tinkering with the below code in print_batch_process , but have had no joy.

$myemail_number = '<a href="' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . '">Click Here</a>';

Could someone please help me out?

Many thanks

Ken Wilson

Any ideas please? I really am lost as to why this is not working.

Thanks in advance

Ken

Hi,

I have everything work ing as I would like bar one thing. When an Email is sent to a customer, it does not provide a link to their acccount. It does say click here in the Email, but the link is not there. I have tried tinkering with the below code in print_batch_process , but have had no joy.

$myemail_number = '<a href="' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . '">Click Here</a>';

Could someone please help me out?

Many thanks

Ken Wilson

• 2 months later...

Hey I just added a update file to the contribution, I wanted to have the option to notify a customer of an status update or not. My changes adds a Yes/No radio along with the other options that you can select to notify the customer of a status change instead of always emailing the customer for every status change.

So see the contribution page for these changes:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3155

Cheers!

Hi Rosemary,

Great contrib as it is exactly what i need, but when i unzip your fix and open the text file it gives me a bunch of weird text and I cannot decipher. See below a sample of what i get in your text:

\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f1\fs22 \cf0 In /admin/batchprint_noPDF.php\

FIND: \

\pard\tx720\tx1440\tx2160\tx2880\tx3600\tx4320\tx5040\tx5760\tx6480\tx7200\tx7920\tx8640\ql\qnatural\pardirnatural

\f0\fs24 \cf0 \

\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f1\fs22 \cf0 \cf2 <\cf3 td\cf0 \cf4 class\cf0 =\cf5 "smallText"\cf0 \cf4 align\cf0 =\cf5 "right"\cf2 >\cf0 With Selected - Invoice: \cf6 <?php\cf0 \cf7 echo \cf0 tep_draw_radio_field(\cf8 'target_file'\cf0 , FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE, \cf7 true\cf0 ); \cf6 ?>\cf0 Labels: \cf6 <?php\cf0 \cf7 echo \cf0 tep_draw_radio_field(\cf8 'target_file'\cf0 , \cf8 'labels'\cf0 ); \cf6 ?>\cf0 | Update Status? \cf6 <?php\cf0 \cf7 echo \cf8 " Yes " \cf0 . tep_draw_radio_field(\cf8 'autoupdatestatus'\cf0 , \cf8 'Yes'\cf0 ); \cf7 echo \cf8 " No " \cf0 . tep_draw_radio_field(\cf8 'autoupdatestatus'\cf0 , \cf8 'No'\cf0 , \cf7 true\cf0 ); \cf7 echo \cf8 " " \cf0 . tep_draw_pull_down_menu(\cf8 'autostatus'\cf0 , \cf9 $orders_statuses\cf0 ,\cf6 2\cf0 ); \cf6 ?>\cf0 \cf6 <?php\cf0 \cf7 echo \cf0 tep_image_submit(\cf8 'button_confirm.gif'\cf0 , IMAGE_CONFIRM, \cf8 'align="absmiddle"'\cf0 ). \cf8 "\\n"\cf0 ; \cf6 ?>\cf2 </\cf3 td\cf2 >\cf0 \

\

\

REPLACE WITH: \

\

With Selected - Invoice: , FILENAME_ORDERS_INVOICE, \cf7 true\cf0 ); \cf6 ?>\cf0 Labels: \cf6 <?php\cf0 \cf7 echo \cf0 tep_draw_radio_field(\cf8 'target_file'\cf0 , \cf8 'labels'\cf0 ); \cf6 ?>\cf0 | Update Status? \cf6 <?php\cf0 \cf7 echo \cf8 " Yes " \cf0 . tep_draw_radio_field(\cf8 'autoupdatestatus'\cf0 , \cf8 'Yes'\cf0 ); \cf7 echo \cf8 " No " \cf0 . tep_draw_radio_field(\cf8 'autoupdatestatus'\cf0 , \cf8 'No'\cf0 , \cf7 true\cf0 ); \cf6 ?>\cf0 | \cf6 <?php\cf0 \cf7 echo \cf0 ENTRY_NOTIFY_CUSTOMER; \cf6 ?>\cf0 Yes \cf6 <?php\cf0 \cf7 echo \cf0 tep_draw_radio_field(\cf8 'notify'\cf0 , \cf8 'yes'\cf0 );\cf6 ?>\cf0 No \cf6 <?php\cf0 \cf7 echo \cf0 tep_draw_radio_field(\cf8 'notify'\cf0 , \cf8 'no'\cf0 , \cf7 true\cf0 ); \cf7 echo \cf8 " " \cf0 . tep_draw_pull_down_menu(\cf8 'autostatus'\cf0 , \cf9 $orders_statuses\cf0 ,\cf6 2\cf0 ); \cf6 ?>\cf0 \cf6 <?php\cf0 \cf7 echo \cf0 tep_image_submit(\cf8 'button_confirm.gif'\cf0 , IMAGE_CONFIRM, \cf8 'align="absmiddle"'\cf0 ). \cf8 "\\n"\cf0 ; \cf6 ?>\cf2 </\cf3 td\cf2 >\

\

\cf0 **********\

is there a way that maybe you can either repost the corrected zip or email me direct? my email is kevin at weddingtropics dot com.

Thanks,

Kevin

• 10 months later...

I found solution to above post. :thumbsup:

in print_batch_process.php

Line 44 change to:

echo "OrderNo,Name,Company,StreetAddress,Suburb,City,State,Postcode,Country \n";

Line 55 change to:

echo "" . tep_db_input($oID). ",". $order->customer['name'] . "," . $order->customer['company'] . "," . $order->customer['street_address'] . "," . $order->customer['suburb'] . "," . $order->customer['city'] . "," . $order->customer['state'] . "," . $order->customer['postcode'] . "," . $order->customer['country'] . "\n";

}

• 2 months later...

Good morning everyone, for starters this is an awesome contrib, easy install and great features however I needed much more then what this contrib was offering, I have tweaked it to my specifications, only problem is attaching a PDF. Let me elaborate, I operate a few websites and basically all of our suppliers drop ship for us, we send them PDF packing slips ideally what I want to have is when you check 3 or 4 orders it will email a PDF to whatever email address is set to, so the email would be as follows:

products ordered

name

address

whatever other information i want

PDF attachment

right now, all of this works properly except if i check multiple boxes then the attachment is always the same PDF and always from the first order number, I hope anyone can answer this for me that would be awesome, also for those of you with questions regarding this, I can likely answer them all so just ask :)

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

First off, I'd like to thank all involved for this contrib. So far it seems like just what we were looking for.

I do have two issues however.

1. The top selection box [to the right of Status] is not selecting any of the selections on the page. It doesn't do anything.

2. The printed invoices are not being printed on separate pages. No 'page break' is being performed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Denny

OSC v2.3.1 Proud user since sometime last week.

Hi all.

First off, I'd like to thank all involved for this contrib. So far it seems like just what we were looking for.

I do have two issues however.

1. The top selection box [to the right of Status] is not selecting any of the selections on the page. It doesn't do anything.

2. The printed invoices are not being printed on separate pages. No 'page break' is being performed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Denny

Update on issue 1. My fault. [not saying issue 2 isn't also :-" ] I modified the wrong general.js

As for the invoices not having page breaks, I noticed it only affects invoices that have a second comment line. It shows as "Comment 2 Batch status" on the invoice. Apparently, something about printing that line affects the page-break.

OSC v2.3.1 Proud user since sometime last week.

• 1 month later...

hi

when i try to edit a order i get this error:

[b]Warning[/b]: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/XXX/html/catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php:39) in [b]/var/www/html/XXX/html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php[/b] on line [b]83[/b]

any help would be appreciated!

• 2 months later...

I've installed the Batch Orders without Frames and PDF for OSC 2.3 (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7936) but in both firefox 3.6 and IE8, it doesnt print the borders around the sold to, ship to and order details. It just prints the corners and the vertical bar half way.

It appears fine on the screen but not when actually printed out - have i missed something ?

Thanks in advance

Trevor

No worries, found the answer myself, in firefox, you need to go to File->Page Setup and check the box that says print background (colour and images).

Same setting is on IE8 under the printer icon->page setup there is also a checkbox for print background(colour and images)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am working with 2.3. This contribution almost meets my needs for batch processing but I need a bit more functionality with the email. Is anyone interested in helping me make this work a little better? The most critical need for our shop is to figure out how to make email notification optional.

Further enhancements ideas that would make our order processing easier is

Creating a selection of status /comment choices. I use the Admin Comments Toolbar http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/869 Joining the features would be an example of what I am looking for.

Making it a bit easier to view would be nice too. Maybe put each choice on in a new row?

I don't know how to write php code but I'll be guessing my way though these ideas hoping for success. Any help, especially with optional email notification, would be most appreciated. I'd love to see this contribution developed even further beyond my own ideas and needs. Batch processing is a critical time saver in our day to day business.

MIllie

I got this to print both Invoice and packing slips, that will be printed, Invoice first then Packing slip for each order. A pretty simple hack.

Step 1. Create a new file by copying /admin/print_batch_invoice.php to admin and renaming it print_batch_packingslip.php

Step 2: In newly named print_batch_packingslip.php Edit the text between <!-- body_text //--> Place your current admin/packingslip code here from between the same body_text markers may differ somewhat from install to install <!-- body_text_eof //-->

Step3: Edit admin/print_batch_process lines 82-84 to this

$oID = $order_number;

include('print_batch_invoice.php');

include('print_batch_packingslip.php');

That's what I did and it seems to work fine. I might work on fine tuning it and adding it to the contrib. I wanted to give a choice of what to print, but I think this is better for our operation. I will just have to see what the head of the Order Fulfillment Dept has to say!

Life Is Too Short,

Enjoy Your Coffee!

Pete

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone

i installed this contribution and it didnt work at all apart from showing a error backend of the website after i logged in not showing me or allowing me to access anything. error was something like syntax error unexpected t_array expecting ')' in so so and so. i restored the customers php file to get it working again. can anyone point me to my mistake. i have checked all files are put in right folders and correct code is pasted.i would really like this contribution installed as it will save me much time and stress, thank you

• 6 months later...

This module is a very good idea and smooth working if a few items in orders...

But it's not working properly if some order have a too many products...

I need if orders have more than 20 products ;

The first page contents : All header content, first 20 products and only this products sub-total (carryover)

The Second page contents : All header content, next products and orders totals

Pls can someone help or offer any suggestion?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Batch Printing without Frames or PDF v.2

Hi all, Did anyone get this to work with os2.3.4 please? I am finding code is different from the instructions and unable to get anything to show that this add-on is even there? I used v.1 in a previous incarnation of my store (on 2.2) and found it very effective and would like to use it (or something similar) again?

Thanks in anticipation of all replies