• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

automatic customer stock notification update

joshnyberg

Hi, I just contributed this and a few other modules which I thought should have been incorporated into oscommerce already, and which I hope will make it into the next release. Any suggestions are welcome. This contribution is located at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3152/

It will automatically tell a customer when a requested item comes into stock, and then delete the product and customer from the product_notifications table in the database.

Thanks.

Edited by joshnyberg

• 2 weeks later...

Great contribution, Joshua!

I've just update your contribution with Insomniac contrib, but I've this error when update products stock:

1054 - Unknown column 'pd.products_spec' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_spec, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_upc, p.products_image, p.products_pdfupload, p.products_image_pop, p.products_inventory_cost, p.products_retail_price, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_date_expire, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id, p.minorder from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '566'

[TEP STOP]

Thank you for your support!

and Insomniac support <_<

Great contribution, Joshua!

I've just update your contribution with Insomniac contrib, but I've this error when update products stock:

1054 - Unknown column 'pd.products_spec' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_spec, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_upc, p.products_image, p.products_pdfupload, p.products_image_pop, p.products_inventory_cost, p.products_retail_price, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_date_expire, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id, p.minorder from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '566'

[TEP STOP]

Thank you for your support!

and Insomniac support  <_<

Change the $product_query_raw to this:

$product_query_raw = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");  

The creator of the module had extra fields in his query.

Regards,

Donna Gordon

UKGoods.com

Thank you: with your suggestion all functions are ok.

But, I'm trying with my account, but I don't receive email with update products!

Edited by 100asa

The message format is in plain text, and I see the link like

<a href="http://www.100asa.it/product_info.php?products_id=1423">Home adapter</a>

How can I send stock update in html format?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Finally, I figured this thing out; the problem of e-mail reading in text format as opposed to html.

Change this in the contrib:

$mimemessage = new email(array('X-Mailer: YoutStore Systems Mailer'));
		$mimemessage->add_text('Stock Update: ' . $product['products_name'] . '

To read this (just changing one little word)

$mimemessage = new email(array('X-Mailer: YoutStore Systems Mailer'));
		$mimemessage->add_html('Stock Update: ' . $product['products_name'] . '

Works beautifully!

Honestly, this is a really nice contrib, but...someone who has the authority to do so, needs to fix it and put up the one that works. The ones that are there now, as written, do not work. Not just a problem with the e-mails looking bad, but the contrib itself is filled with errors that were corrected in this thread. I think everyone would love to use this if they knew how cool it was.

Andrea

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm using this contrib and it doesn't work 100%... :(

When I have more than 1 user on the notification list of a product, every user on that list receive the same first name and last name of the first user. The first user name is ok, but all the rest users have also that name...

Does this happend to anyone else??

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi,

When I have more than 1 user on the notification list of a product, every user on that list receive the same first name and last name of the first user. The first user name is ok, but all the rest users have also that name...

I have the same problem. All users have the same first- and lastname.

have anyone a solution for this problem?

Regards

gillo

• 1 year later...
Hi,

Anyone ever fix this. I did not realize about the problem until some customers emailed me.

Or is there something else to use?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone ever fix this. I did not realize about the problem until some customers emailed me.

Or is there something else to use?

Thanks.

Just noticed a update for this released version 2.

Anyone tried it yet and does it work so that it sends to a list of people who wanted notification of the same product. But does not just use the first person names for everyone?

Thanks