• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I remove the requests section on the footer

Hi there,

Which bit do I need to remove in the footer.php to get rid of the bit that says "1900 requests since friday 14th febuary 2005"

Also, is there a way to get rid of the "powered by osCommerce" at the bottom.

Thanks alot,

Carl

Hi there,

Which bit do I need to remove in the footer.php to get rid of the bit that says "1900 requests since friday 14th febuary 2005"

Also, is there a way to get rid of the "powered by osCommerce" at the bottom.

Thanks alot,

Carl

go to catalog/includes/footer.php and comment out the line that has FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE

Why do you want to remove powered by oscommerce - are you not proud of this cart ? There are rules for it's removal primarily that you make significant mods to stock osC. I am sure when you have made significant mods along the way you will come across where to remove the statement. :D

Charles

A kite flies highest AGAINST the wind !

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a lover in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO!! What a ride!"

go to catalog/includes/footer.php and comment out the line that has FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE

Why do you want to remove powered by oscommerce - are you not proud of this cart ? There are rules for it's removal primarily that you make significant mods to stock osC. I am sure when you have made significant mods along the way you will come across where to remove the statement.  :D

Charles

:thumbsup: I have to agree with Charles! You should be proud enough to keep powered by osCommerce in your cart, as you could otherwise pay for some that are less supported, let alone by a community friendly and supportive users. Shame on anyone that thinks this cart is not good enough to be recognized by the rest of the world. To Charles, Bravo!!! :thumbsup: We help each other, to help ourselves!

We help each other, to help ourselves!

Aloha Allison!

Liken to wrinkles, the many paths of my life not only altered my destiny, but my appearance.

Poetry, the artistry of plying ones soul to the empty canvases of life. A vision without sight. A verse without darkness. Lighting each day with a prose of beauty and love.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Is there a way in which I can remove "Hosting & Site design by Website Solutions" from the footer of my website. I have looked in the footer.php file but can't find anything in there.

Maybe one of you experts might know how to remove it??

Thanks

P.S Its at the bottom of www.sladegames.co.uk

Hi,

Is there a way in which I can remove "Hosting & Site design by Website Solutions" from the footer of my website. I have looked in the footer.php file but can't find anything in there.

Maybe one of you experts might know how to remove it??

Thanks

P.S Its at the bottom of www.sladegames.co.uk

Yes... edit it in English.php file which is in catalog/includes/languages/english.php Its at the bottom somewhere. Open the file in notepad and CTRL-F solutions and you'll find it.

P.S. Don't forget to backup. You might accidentally edit something you never wanted to.

• 2 years later...
Yes... edit it in English.php file which is in catalog/includes/languages/english.php Its at the bottom somewhere. Open the file in notepad and CTRL-F solutions and you'll find it.

P.S. Don't forget to backup. You might accidentally edit something you never wanted to.

DUDE DO YOU REALIZE THAT YOU JUST TOLD HIM HOW TO GET RID OF THE OSCOMMERCE BIT

I GUESS THATS WHAT THE COMMUNITY IS ALL ABOUT, WE WILL HELP EACH OTHER REGARDLESS OF YOUR INTENTIONS :)

APPRECIATE THE ATTITUDE

• 5 months later...
DUDE DO YOU REALIZE THAT YOU JUST TOLD HIM HOW TO GET RID OF THE OSCOMMERCE BIT

I GUESS THATS WHAT THE COMMUNITY IS ALL ABOUT, WE WILL HELP EACH OTHER REGARDLESS OF YOUR INTENTIONS :)

APPRECIATE THE ATTITUDE

I also though of removing the words "powered by Oscommerce". However when I read this thread, I realised how helpful this community and I can't find at other forum. I did have some PHP website and the forumer are not as helpful as you guys. I decided not to removed it and I really proud with what you guys doing.

Keep it up.

well, the thing is, removing the powered by oscommerce is ok to do.. but not while you are in developement.. once you have made enough changes to your cart that you can clearly say that your cart is far enough from the stock that it is more yours than oscommece, THEN you can say how..

HOWEVER< there are reasons people take it out.. One is that by advertising that you use oscommerce, you are saying that any and all security holes that are known in oscommerce are on your store.. that is the #1 reason why people remove it.. But you should ONLY remove it if you have made enough changes to your site where it is more your design than oscommerce..

I am not ashamed to say i used osocmmerce to build my store, but i will not advertise it once my store goes live.. i have made loads of changes to the coding as well.. not just a banner change, a payment module, and some new colors..

I actually think that removing the HOSTING AND SITE DESIGN Is even worse and your designer would be PISSED that you did that.. \

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

well, the thing is, removing the powered by oscommerce is ok to do.. but not while you are in developement.. once you have made enough changes to your cart that you can clearly say that your cart is far enough from the stock that it is more yours than oscommece, THEN you can say how..

HOWEVER< there are reasons people take it out.. One is that by advertising that you use oscommerce, you are saying that any and all security holes that are known in oscommerce are on your store.. that is the #1 reason why people remove it.. But you should ONLY remove it if you have made enough changes to your site where it is more your design than oscommerce..

I am not ashamed to say i used osocmmerce to build my store, but i will not advertise it once my store goes live.. i have made loads of changes to the coding as well.. not just a banner change, a payment module, and some new colors..

I actually think that removing the HOSTING AND SITE DESIGN Is even worse and your designer would be PISSED that you did that.. \

You did have a point there. However are there a pull stop with designing or adding more coding to our oscommerce base? Some people might say that it is unprofessional to leave the words there.

The true thing for me is to make my customer full info with my product and create more sales. And oscommerce help me to fullfill it.

Cheers.

Archived