• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ultimate SEO URLs v3.0 Features

I need a store with articles and/or information pages installed to finish the development for this release.

Any takers?

Bobby

• 1 month later...
You want pure MS2.2 with articles and info. pages?  Did you get one?

Kym,

Bobby is no longer an oscommerce community member as he has been banned, If you are looking for information on this, other new codes or support you will have to find it elswhere ( I would post where but that will just get removed).

It appears they hav stripped his card But you can probably figure out where if you get creative.

Chris

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bobby,

I admire your work and some appreciation needs to be made. Your google sitemap contrib was perfect and gave me rankings 1 and 2 within 1 month after installation.

This weekend I tried to install your Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1c. Unfortunately this didn't work. Everything looked fine, but after adding the code to my .htaccess file in the catalog directory, I got an internal server error. I checked everything out I could read in your posts, but no result. Do you have any idea what I can ask my hosting provider?

Just 10 minutes ago, I installed your cname_pname contrib and that works fine for now. But hopefully I can install your Ultimate SEO URL contrib soon........... or do you have an expectation date for version 3.0

If you can help me with my shop, I can let you use my live shop for testing Ultimate SEO v. 3.0. You look reliable and do a lot of nice things.

Kind regards,

Marcel

my shop:

http://www.waakzaamwonen.nl/catalog

Hi Bobby,

I admire your work and some appreciation needs to be made. Your google sitemap contrib was perfect and gave me rankings 1 and 2 within 1 month after installation.

This weekend I tried to install your Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1c. Unfortunately this didn't work. Everything looked fine, but after adding the code to my .htaccess file in the catalog directory, I got an internal server error. I checked everything out I could read in your posts, but no result. Do you have any idea what I can ask my hosting provider?

Just 10 minutes ago, I installed your cname_pname contrib and that works fine for now. But hopefully I can install your Ultimate SEO URL contrib soon........... or do you have an expectation date for version 3.0

If you can help me with my shop, I can let you use my live shop for testing Ultimate SEO v. 3.0. You look reliable and do a lot of nice things.

Kind regards,

Marcel

my shop:

have you tried it without SEF url's enabled ?

Treasurer MFC

Hi Bobby,

Kind regards,

Marcel

my shop:

What is your server?

Is mod rewrite enabled?

Make sure you path is correct....

What about the further development of ultimate seo urls? Since Bobby has been banned, it seems that he has lost interest, at least it seems not longer to be in his focus.

I`d like to develop it to a state in which it is useful for multilanguage stores too. But I need help & someone with whom I can discuss it. Somebody interested?

What about the further development of ultimate seo urls? Since Bobby has been banned, it seems that he has lost interest, at least it seems not longer to be in his focus.

I`d like to develop it to a state in which it is useful for multilanguage stores too. But I need help & someone with whom I can discuss it. Somebody interested?

1... It has been devolped a little further - I dont think it is fair to say he has lost interest it is not possible for him to continue here as he is unable to access it.

2... It is set up for multi language already

It has been devolped a little further - I dont think it is fair to say he has lost interest it is not possible for him to continue here as he is unable to access it

I don`t want to unfair, his situation is absolutely understandable. But even in his own forum it seems, that he is not so active on this topic as in the beginning.

It is set up for multi language already

Where can I get it? I had some own ideas how to make it, but I`d like to see other ideas.

• 1 year later...
Can this be used to rewrite other urls such as http://www.mydomain.com/about_us.php to http://www.mydomain.com/about_us.html?

NO...

if you want that look at...

Seo-G

or

Nimmit Sef

or

Sef link transformer

Hi Bobby,

Might be overlooking somethings, but why would there be a need to have two or more subcategories with exactly the same name (in that category) ? i.e. software/action, software/action ?

If a site maintained correct naming / organization conventions then there would be be no need to to worry about two categories with the same name [ * ] ?

Also whats all this about redirects ? is this just support for backwards compatibility ?

[*]

Actually I'm looking into a slightly different approach.

That is when creating / editing a category in the admin, the full path to that category is stored in a db column in the description table, i.e. dvd_movies/thriller, so look ups are now not by the cPath but by the cd.categories_full_path.

This info is cached for the categories box.

So either a db query could be done to find the category id or travse the category_tree array etc...

I'm also currently in two minds about doing the same thing with products, i.e. to store dvd_movies/thriller/frantic.html as the products respective full path or just to tag on the product_id, ie. dvd_movies/thriller/15 (although it should be possible to handle both, i.e. /catalog/15 or /catalog/dvd_movies/thriller/frantic.html)

I'm also using MultiViews instead of rewrites_ ..... although I would be interested in doing / forcing rewrites for the not found errors if it will suppress these errors from the error logs... this way I could force / (the defaultIndex script) to handle to above urls rather than /catalog/ etc....

I noticed mention above also about keywords in the url... wouldn't this be difficult to do if removing the -p- or -c-'s ? since some uniqueness still needs to be automatically maintained ?

So far the only difference I can see between the two approaches is that with the -p- -c- ids the urls can be much shorter as opposed to specifying the full path, but for my needs at present the full path has a little bit more clarity for its intended prupose.

Out of interest is there any performance overhead with using MultiViews ?

FWIW, the above MultiView approach seems to be what is used for the oscommerce.info/kb site...

One last thought, is re relative urls.... as long as the url is not changing to ssl, would there be any benefit in ( trying to ? ) using relative urls instead ?

Hi,

I have inbstalled this on my shop but since then when I go to my site and if I click on a product or cetegory randomly it takes me to the LOG IN page rather than to the product?

It normaly happens first time that I click thenm second time is fine and it happens every now and then!

ANy idea please?

http://www.weddinghost.com.au/directory/

http://www.weddinghost.com.au/

Many thanks in advance

Mitchell

Hi,

I have inbstalled this on my shop but since then when I go to my site and if I click on a product or cetegory randomly it takes me to the LOG IN page rather than to the product?

It normaly happens first time that I click thenm second time is fine and it happens every now and then!

ANy idea please?

http://www.weddinghost.com.au/directory/

http://www.weddinghost.com.au/

Many thanks in advance

Mitchell

• 3 months later...

just a quick one regarding your original SEO URL contrib ive installed.

I have created a seperate index.php page and named the store shop.php.

However every SEO link now brings up the new index.php page with correct html links etc.

Is there a setting in your contrib that will change the index page to shop.php page ive renamed it to, as i cant have your contrib turned on atm.

many thanks

Russel

• 1 month later...

hello guys..

thanx for great contribution..

but im facing a problem in here

and the thing is...

when i enable this contribution and buy any product.. it does not add the order into admin order area.. i mean im not able to see the orders made!!

but when i disable this contribution.. everything is working fine.. it is posting order in backend..

and

i was using IE7 and processed my order.. it was successfully ordered.. but it is not appearing in the backend as well as when i am now loggin back in on firefox.. order is still there in the cart!!

i mean cart was suppose to be empty now.. but my order is still there!!!

wht am i doing wrong because of which order are not placed for admins to see?

please help me on this asap...

thanx in advance

outside links are not allowed in signatures

• 3 weeks later...
hello guys..

thanx for great contribution..

but im facing a problem in here

and the thing is...

when i enable this contribution and buy any product.. it does not add the order into admin order area.. i mean im not able to see the orders made!!

but when i disable this contribution.. everything is working fine.. it is posting order in backend..

and

i was using IE7 and processed my order.. it was successfully ordered.. but it is not appearing in the backend as well as when i am now loggin back in on firefox.. order is still there in the cart!!

i mean cart was suppose to be empty now.. but my order is still there!!!

wht am i doing wrong because of which order are not placed for admins to see?

please help me on this asap...

thanx in advance

any reply please??????????????????????

i really need help in this thing.. i cant see orders of my customers!!!!

outside links are not allowed in signatures

Hi Chemo and others.

Thank you very much for this contributions that's make Google and others love me!

A question:

How would you modify your code to exclude some words from your script when the length of words is reached? I explain myself: you recommend to not go under a limit of 3 characters. So I id it, I put a limit of 3. But for particular-very-impoortant-words, as brands or models of product, those 3 letters words are fundamentals. How can I change your code in the seo.class.php, to exclude some 3 letters words from this rule?

For exemple:

the brand "Beauty Boy" is actually:

www.mysite.com/product-beauty-c-49_102.html

I would like:

www.mysite.com/product-beauty-boy-c-49_102.html

How can we do that?

Best regards,

Marc, one your biggest fan as a Code God you are !

Edited by thedream

osCommerce 2.2 MS2 in 6 languages

TVA Intracomm

Numbers of visitors online

Who's online Enhancement

• 1 month later...
got it fixed.. thanx to chemoo (bobby)

Could you please post the solution for the benefit of myself and others who may have the same issue, to save chemoo having to repeat himself.

BTW, thanks for such a cracking contribution.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont know if any one can help...

Installed Ultimate URLs today and it was working fine, the URL would appear fine as:

http://www.----.com/catalog/microsoft-intellimouse-explorer-p-26.html?osCsid=85d096b6f24687e8e74c2c38b4654f1b2b07

then I came back to my website later in the day and it was gone. Now the URL is back to:

http://www.----.com/catalog/-p-26.html?osCsid=85d096b6f24687e8e74c2c38b4654f1b2b07

I had applied the seo.class.php bug fix already and i am not sure what seems to be the issue now.

Any one, any clue....?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone!

This contribution is awesome. Its very easy to install and configurable. Recently, I have installed it But I am facing a problem regarding url rewriting. My .htaccess has the following rewriting script which is exactly same as provided by the contrib except the base url is changed. But, unfortuneytly, It is not working. Whenever an http request comes that passed the rewrite rule, the server get stuck and does not respond for a long time. NOTE that this file is working perfect for all other http requests.

for example,

It is Working for URL

http://ostromoutdoors.com/store/catalog/pa...e=custom_design

But does not work for urls similar to

http://ostromoutdoors.com/store/catalog/cu...esign-c-45.html

------------------------------

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /store/catalog/

RewriteRule ^(.*)-p-(.*).html$ product_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-c-(.*).html$ index.php?cPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-m-([0-9]+).html$ index.php?manufacturers_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pi-([0-9]+).html$ popup_image.php?pID=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-a-([0-9]+).html$ article_info.php?articles_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pr-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-pri-([0-9]+).html$ product_reviews_info.php?products_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-i-([0-9]+).html$ information.php?info_id=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

-----------------------------------

Regards

Shaaam