• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1 month on and few orders!? design needs a change?

Thanks for looking in,

After a month my site www.sweetieworld.co.uk, has received only a handfull of orders. I have been advertising on google adwords and have had lots of visitors, but this has only converted into a handfull of orders. I realise that I will receive repeat business from people that have ordered already, but I need people to order in the first place.

Any feedback is welcome on the design of the site, as I am pulling my hair out and I had little enough to start off with <_<

Thanks in advance for yout time,

Paul

www.sweetieworld.co.uk

Ok, here's how I would like to see a candy shop:

- how much is 125g for a particular product ?

- do I get a discount if I buy 1kg / 2kg of a particular kind ?

- a clear image of the individual sweetie would be nice, specifically when clickingn to enlarge

- product listing in columns would be nicer

- can't you put some nice bundles together that are pleasing to the eye and ideal as a gift ? (I bought my 2 year old nephew a bag of colourfull candy with a big lolly on top for his birthday this saturday ...)

- personally don't know how different sweets are categorized, I shop by recognision, and taste, as such an all products page with images to click and order would for me work best.

HTH

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Open up checkout_payment.php and find:

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

}

Change it to:

// if the customer is not logged on, redirect them to the login page

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

}

Then:

In checkout_shipping.php change:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

To:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'));

and if you want to get rid of the "Account Created Success" window that pops up after they create their account do this:

In create_account.php

Change

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CREATE_ACCOUNT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

to

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'));

this will remove the thank you message after account creation to speed up checkout. You no longer see create_account_success.php, it goes right to shipping.

With this process you have just removed 2 steps from the lengthy cart process, and removed the Dreaded "Become a Member" Page that scares of potential customers, and you still get them to sign in and get them to create the account.

Is this great or what? :thumbsup:

My Favorite Quote from a movie.

Question: How do you know women sooo well?

Answer: I think of a man, then take away reason and accountability.

Thanks for your comments everyone. I will be updating the site a little today and hopefully it will make a bit of a difference. All the images of sweets are in the process of being updated, as well as the buttons on the site. Also, I will be updating the privacy info etc.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Paul

www.sweetieworld.co.uk

Archived