• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Imprint Text Options

Ok, Here is the sequence of events:

As you can see i get check boxes when setting up a product.

In the catalog when one selected is just shown as text and not a text box!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Neil

Neil

Go over your contrib entries. Most specifically the files in catalog/ . If there is no input field then you have clearly missed that section that gives you that field. There is no other reason for it not to be there except for a mistake you must have made.

John

Edited by Gob

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks John,

Don't suppose you know what i need to look for. Its gona take a while to check all the pages.

Thanks

Neil

Neil

No not specifically, but they are all marked clearly as per the instructions.

So you can search one of those words to find each addin section.

John

James

I have heard of others having or wanting this same type of feature, unfortunately I don't know of a way to do this for certain.

You may be able to search for this ability.

I think there may be some problem with doing this because of the way the contrib is written.

A Temporary work around could be to have series of attributes setup with, for example:

1st order Name:

2nd order Name:

3rd order Name:

etc

etc.

This would add each item as an idividual item.

(I am assuming that as a rule you would not need any more than 10 or maybe 20 Name options.)

Hope this helps.

cheers

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the suggestion but that is not an appropriate solution for what I want.

Basically I am using this contribution to allow the user to enter their software license so they can purchase the upgrade.

I wish my knowledge of PHP was much greater then I could at least hack something into place.

Thanks for your time though.

James

OK,

After hitting my head a few times i got it working - well almost!

It all looks fine and shows up during checkout, but when i go into orders the entered options are nowhere to be seen. Almost as if they didn?t get passed to the order.

Any clues,

Neil

OK,

It all looks fine and shows up during checkout, but when i go into orders the entered options are nowhere to be seen. Almost as if they didn?t get passed to the order.

Any clues,

Neil

Neil

I have found a similar problem just 2 days ago have worked on it to try and find a solution but have no answer for it at this stage.

This seems to occur when when the client adds the product/s to the cart then has to create an account. The info then gets lost.

The code appears to be OK in the orders.php to pick this info up again but it will not.

The info is still in the database so currently if need be you can still retreive it.

This of course is no real solution except for testing purposes.

I am currently working on a different contrib (hopefully today) that will do effectively the same thing but with some better options that can be used to replace this contrib completely. I will post here to advise details when I know more.

Stay Tuned!! >_<

Either that or maybe someone else has had better luck or been able to fix this problem. Would be very interested for further input from someone.

Well I to have just found this very same problem, but I did not create an account.

I have also worked on this contribution to make it better.

I have modified the solution to accept multiple inputs.

Input per quantity of an item which is done in the shopping cart.

screenshot.gif

If there were a qty of three then three inputs would be visible etc.

This is just a hack at the minute but I am willing to offer assistance either in code sharing or whatever you require.

The solution is mainly the same except I have made it into a multiple quantity friendly solution.

OK,

Any clues,

Neil

Ok. I fixed this.

In the Admin orders.php file there is a line:

$attr_q = tep_db_query("select ota.*, pta.products_text_attributes_name from orders_text_attributes as ota, products_text_attributes as pta where ota.orders_id = " . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID'] . " and ota.products_id = ' . $pid . ' and pta.products_text_attributes_id = ota.products_text_attributes_id");

Notice that round the $pid var that is in the statement there are single quotes round the var. I changed this to double quotes.

So my line now looks like:

$attr_q = tep_db_query("select ota.*, pta.products_text_attributes_name from orders_text_attributes as ota, products_text_attributes as pta where ota.orders_id = " . $HTTP_GET_VARS['oID'] . " and ota.products_id = " . $pid . " and pta.products_text_attributes_id = ota.products_text_attributes_id");

...and works.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got this working, and had no idea all products would have the same text applied. Very disappointing after working through all of the install issues.

Hi. The contribution works well for me.

I have one issue though.

If enter a value into the text field for example 'My Text 1' and add the product to the cart. Then continue shopping or return to the same product and enter 'My Text 2' into the text field and add this same product to the cart. I end up with 1 order with 'My Text 2' in the text field and quantity 2.

What I need is to be able to have multiple text's against an order that may have multiple quantites of the same item.

I'd be quite happy to do the work but my knowledge of PHP is not great. Anyone have any ideas?

Finally got this working, and had no idea all products would have the same text applied. Very disappointing after working through all of the install issues.

I know, I too was a bit miffed after getting it up and running.

I believe another chap on this thread was writing a new version of this to allow multi input.

I have the following problem with the trib. When a customer enters his data in one of my text attrib fields I don't get to see it in the order in my admin nor does it show up in the email the customer gets.

Any one know what I am doing wrong?

I have one issue though.

If enter a value into the text field for example 'My Text 1' and add the product to the cart. Then continue shopping or return to the same product and enter 'My Text 2' into the text field and add this same product to the cart. I end up with 1 order with 'My Text 2' in the text field and quantity 2.

What I need is to be able to have multiple text's against an order that may have multiple quantites of the same item.

I'd be quite happy to do the work but my knowledge of PHP is not great. Anyone have any ideas?

Has any body found a solution to this yet?

Has any body found a solution to this yet?

My solution to this whole Contribution was to remove it completely and install a different on called: Product Attributes - Option Type Feature This is the contrib.

This is the discussion thread Thread

After some fiddling as per usual, I got this working well and it also gives a number of additional benifits like text fields, check boxes as well as standard input fields and if client want to enter multiple item with different names or something like that it will list them individually, BIG plus.

Sorry to the other contributors of this contribution but I think this one is a bit of a dud.

John

Actually 'gob' was the chap and he has just posted his recommendation above.

Great contrib you posted! Any chance I can see this in action on your site?

James

Here is a link that shows a couple of the available fields types in action.

Live Example

There may be a bit of a problem with radio buttons but I have not realy worked with them as much as I could because what I have got is fine for me at the moment.

Regards

John

is it posible to add somthing like this

<input type="text" name="custom" OnKeyUp="quantity.value = this.value.length"><br>
<input type="hidden" name="price"  value=".60">
<INPUT TYPE="TEXT" SIZE="2" NAME="quantity" VALUE=""> @ 0.60

i would like to count the letters that are typed and give each letter a value

for example:

0.60 per letter

so if a five letter word was typed in it would add 3.00 to the basket.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have a client who is willing to pay for this addition if anyone is interested.

cheers

Sean

I have one issue though.

free is often better than cheap

I modified (well rewrote it!) this solution to do exactly what you asked but I have not had time to turn it into a useful package for others to download. I am so busy getting a clients store online I just don't have the time. SORRY!

You mat wish to consider this : Product Attributes - Option Type Feature

Jim

Hi

I have a client who is willing to pay for this addition if anyone is interested.

cheers

Sean

I can't get this to show up when using Simple Template System (STS). Does anyone have a fix for this?

I'm also looking for something like pixelhub was looking for.... We charge $0.20 per letter for engraving and we'd like to be able to count the letters and apply the charge.

Thanks.

when you add the template system contrib (STS) the text options won't show up .

any ideas how to solve this.

I am having the same problem, did you find a solution. I am using the oscmax version.

My dropdown box appears but if I select to use a textbox, radio, or checkbox it will not work.

ANy help would be appreciated.