• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Imprint Text Options

Hi,

Had no response, anyone help me out here?

As I said Im not seeing

any sign of the entered text in the customer email of the order, the invoice or the packing slip?

Ive put packingslip.php and invoice.php into /admin

Is there another similar contribution that gives me a text box, if this contribution does not work?

Jon

Im having the same exact problem. The text boxes show up, but when the customer processes the product the information entered into the

text boxes isnt being saved into the database table? Can anyone help me out a bit here??

thnaks

TJ

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello all,

i will completely rewrite it soon, and will include the following new features:

- show text attributes in email

- ability to add product in cart with different values in textfield

- what else?

bye.

Hello,

I have a problem with this contribution.

I have a product, named "balloon". A customers ordered this product, and everything works fine.

But ...

Now I changed the product name. So the same product named "balloon" is now named "big balloon".

When I go into the old order ("balloon") I see an error :

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and pta.products_text_attributes_id = ota.products_text_attributes_id' at line 1

select ota.*, pta.products_text_attributes_name from orders_text_attributes as ota, products_text_attributes as pta where ota.orders_id = 15 and ota.products_id = and pta.products_text_attributes_id = ota.products_text_attributes_id

What is wrong ?? I really hope someone know the answer ...

Edited by riwi

Hello,

I have a problem with this contribution.

I have a product, named "balloon". A customers ordered this product, and everything works fine.

But ...

Now I changed the product name. So the same product named "balloon" is now named "big balloon".

When I go into the old order ("balloon") I see an error :

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'and pta.products_text_attributes_id = ota.products_text_attributes_id' at line 1

select ota.*, pta.products_text_attributes_name from orders_text_attributes as ota, products_text_attributes as pta where ota.orders_id = 15 and ota.products_id = and pta.products_text_attributes_id = ota.products_text_attributes_id

What is wrong ?? I really hope someone know the answer ...

I was having very similar problems and received no support in this thread. This contribution simply wouldn't work for me. So I was forced to find another way to accomplish the same thing. You can check it out here: Product Attributes - Option Type Feature. This installed alot easier than the Imprint contribution and has way more functionality. I have yet to experience any problems with this contrib.

I hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for your apply,

I have allready installed the contribution "file upload / options type feature" but I also need the "imprint text options" contribution.

I was hoping someone could help me ...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Been using this for about 2 years now and it works fine...

What i wanted to know is how to get the format of the text boxes a little cleaner?

As you can see from the screen shot below it looks a little messy:

screen2.jpg

I also wanted to know if the order/ mess of all the options is normal. Is there a way to have this into a list rather than just random?

screen1.jpg

Thanks,

Neil

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm looking for the same thing (better page presentation).

Also need a file upload not just images but for other ext. files

Also I got a template issue with the right_column...

thanks

Lenamtl

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm confused with the More Entries code,

*I don't want checkbox in product_info

*I don't need to charge fot these values so don't want to install Charge

I just need to fix the issue when the customer order Qty 2 or more of a same product,

only one value appear per option.

thanks for your help

a nice to have for future release will be to make multilangual option for text option.

Lenamtl

Hi,

I'm confused with the More Entries code,

*I don't want checkbox in product_info

*I don't need to charge fot these values so don't want to install Charge

I just need to fix the issue when the customer order Qty 2 or more of a same product,

only one value appear per option.

thanks for your help

a nice to have for future release will be to make multilangual option for text option.

OK I didn't realized that this were a package to download

here is the good package to fix it:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,imprint

use this package: Download 1.3.1 also!!! central50 8 Jun 2007

New Problem (probably easy to fix)

if the customer don't fill all text box

this sql message appear:

1064 - syntax error near ')' line 1

insert into customers_basket_text_attributes values ('65d966bc7458ed30958480f5f39160d3', 205, 6, 'No Option',)

[TEP STOP]

so I'm looking for a way to change the sql message to a clear message for the customer: Please fill all text fiels

thanks

Lenamtl

• 2 weeks later...

Where EXACTLY should this get inserted?

check that you insert this code in product_info.php

<!-- denuz products text attributes -->

<tr>
       <td>

<?php
 $text_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select pta.* from products_text_attributes as pta, products_text_attributes_enabled as ptae where ptae.products_text_attributes_id = pta.products_text_attributes_id and ptae.products_id = " . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']);
 while ($text_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($text_attributes_query)) {
?>
   <tr>
     <td class=main><?php echo $text_attributes['products_text_attributes_name'] . ': </td><td>' . tep_draw_input_field('products_text_attributes_' . $text_attributes['products_text_attributes_id'], ''); ?></td>
   </tr>
<?php
 }
?>
       </table></td>
     </tr>

<!-- eof denuz products text attributes -->

and make sure that you set checkbox for this option active when edit product

• 1 month later...

I've been working through this contrib with the intention to offer gift certificates in conjunction with the coupon code contrib. So far, it's been pretty good. A problem i hit while testing centers on the customer entering a single quote into the text box like: Hi, Johnnie! We're looking forward to seeing this blah, blah, blah...

You get the idea. Sometimes it seems fine and other times it throws errors. I first noticed it when I deleted another product that was in the cart 9not even a custom item). I looked in the DB and saw the single quote there and realized sometimes it would screw with the code depending on where and how and maybe even how many of them were added.

Any thoughts?

OK, I've backed out of the More Entries addition and the single quote issue seems to be resolved. My work-around for it is to generate a regular set of attributes for the gift certificates. Recipients: 1st Gift Certificate, 2nd Gift Certificate, etc. This makes each one into a separate product at checkout and displays just fine in testing. It also encourages the customer to buy for more than 1 person at a time.

However, when I remove 1 of them from the cart, all lose the imprint data. I'll try looking in the code to see if there's something I can do but I'd love to hear some thoughts on it.

OK, found it. I dropped this:

// denuz text attr
							  tep_db_query("delete from customers_basket_text_attributes where products_id = " . tep_get_prid($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'][$i]) . " and session_id = '" . $osCsid . "'");
// eof denuz text attr

from application_top.php and it seems to work very well now.

I have a few details to finish but this is looking great for now.

Got back here too late to edit previous post. Bad news. Adding another product with another attribute works except the input text on the first one is written over with the second. Back to the drawing board.

Edited by brushwood

• 3 months later...

Hey

I have installed this mod with the more entries fix, thanks to everyone involved. All we need now is for the input options to appear in the standard osc 'Order Process' email. Is anyone able to help me out?

Many thanks

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Just was wondering if anybody ever has been able to make the text attributes editable in the shopping cart?

I believe a tep_draw_input_field to this below code along with the already inputted attributes.

in shopping_cart.php

while ($attr = tep_db_fetch_array($attr_q)) {
	  $products_name .= '<br><br><small><i> - ' . $attr['products_text_attributes_name'] . ' ' . stripslashes($attr['products_text_attributes_text'])  . '</i></small>';	   
 }

So a start would be:

while ($attr = tep_db_fetch_array($attr_q)) {
	  $products_name .= '<br><br><small><i> - ' . $attr['products_text_attributes_name'] . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field(stripslashes($attr['products_text_attributes_text']))  . '</i></small>';	   
  }

But doesn't bring over the customer inputted text attribute... any help??

Thank you :)

define('PROJECTS', 'Something that goes on forever!');

• 1 month later...

I have just spent a few hours trying to get this to work.

So far I have:

Options usable in admin

Text field usable on product_info

Entered text gets carried to shopping basket

What I don't have (and need):

1, Ability to add more than 1 option (If I buy 2 products they are still treated as 1 with the same entered text)

2, Entered text in invoice

3, Entered text in invoice

4, Entered text in packing slip

5, Entered text in customer order history

Also, where should I upload box_invoice.php?

The contrib itself took a few minutes to install but then I spent the next few hours trying to 1, work out and fix the non-working elements 2, Work out which updates I should install.

In the end I simply got confused but all the different updates.

I would appreciate some clarity on this as it does exactly what I need, or at least it will once I have managed to get it working.

thanks in advance.

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

• 3 months later...
central50... I installed the version 1.3.1 of the contribution with MOREENTRIES and CHARGING enhancements. Everything seems to be working fine except for two things:

1. If the same customer goes back to the same item and enter a new imprint information in a text box, I get the duplicate entry database error. Do you think we have to have the primary key defined (on product_id) for the qty table?

2. I added the code in the charging enhancement to the catalog/includes/classes/order.php, but it never shows up in the hopping cart and as well as in the checkout process. What might I have done wrong?

Response is appreciated.

Mardi

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM IT SAYS

1062 - Duplicate entry '4' for key 1

insert into customers_basket_text_attributes_qty values ('589964c4622f667022121dd314041e87', 4, 1)

[TEP STOP]

I USED THIS CONTRIBUTION WITH MORE ENTRIES... ANY SOULUTION YET?

Raj basnet

Kathmandu, Nepal

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hi Alenkij,

I have installed the latest version of Imprint Attributes v1.3 plus added the couple of fixes and its working like a dream. :D

One thing I have noticed is:

I enter a value into the text field for example 'Test 1' and add the product to the cart. Then continue shopping or return to the same product and enter 'Test 2' into the text field and add this to the cart.

I end up with 1 order with 'Test 2' in the text field and quantity 2.

Not two separate products showing the different text fields.

If the product also has a dropdown attribute assigned to it, for example 'colour' and I re-enter the above example but choose a different colour for each product, I end up with the following in the cart:

Product 1 - Colour-Red - Text Field-Test 2

Product 2 - Colour-Blue - Text Field-Test 2

What ever you type into the text field will over right all the previous products added to the cart so they all have the same text added to them.

Do you know how to fix this as I intend to use this contribution for selling number plates and some customers will no doubt buy more than one plate at a time with different registration numbers and fonts etc...

Thanks for your help and I love this contribution.

Gazza.....

Did anyone ever find a fix for this - this is a show stopper for me. I looked at the other recommended contribution but at the top it says:

NOTICE: Important flaw in this contrib... nate_02631 25 Sep 2008

No file contribution here... Just a note, that if downloading this module or the various "fixes", note that if you add a product with a text option to your cart, and subsequently add the same product with different text entered for the option, it will overwrite the first (as opposed creating a wholly new product, which is the expected behavior)

So seems this one wont work either - does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Lotti

Did anyone ever find a fix for this - this is a show stopper for me. I looked at the other recommended contribution but at the top it says:

So seems this one wont work either - does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Lotti

Lotti,

HairyJim was able to fix this on his own (he said so himself on the 2nd page of this forum discussion); I sent him an e-mail not to long ago asking him what the fix is but, not sure if i'll get a response his profile said he hasn't been logged in since August 2008.

I also need this to work DESPERATELY can ANYONE help please?

Regards,

Jane