• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Admin Specials by Category

bruyndoncx

My bad, I hadn't updated the contribution yet as I didn't receive the additional language files.

Anyhow, uploaded fix wiht full package. Since the screenshots make it bigger than 300K it is now waiting in the contribution vault for approval by the contribution moderators.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bruyndoncx,

What happened to your Pricelist contribution. I see that it was removed.

Good question, it's supposed to violate some unwritten contribution rule, thus was removed. I'm a bit in a limbo situation as to what should be done to fix things.

Do you have any open questions about it ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

I have a question, Can you email it to me? [email protected]

It's in the mail.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Is it anything like this one I found being used: http://shoptoo.palaia.us/price_list.html

No, not even close :D

It lays out the products for printing, generating a header and footer for each printed page (if you don't mess up the layout by includiing product descriptions)

You can choose which fields to show, and filter on (top) category and manufacturer to print only a subset.

The script is named 'pricelist.php'.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

bruyndoncx,

But isn't that a catalog? A price list should not include images & descriptions - with the exception of product name. I like that one. It creates a monster page (300k+) that is easier to print w/out having to manually print every page. I guess a pdf would do the same. I will send an email to their webmaster and see if he/she/it will give me a copy.

What abut the new version of Admin Specials by Categories? It seems that they are taking their time releasing that one.

bruyndoncx,

But isn't that a catalog? A price list should not include images & descriptions - with the exception of product name. I like that one. It creates a monster page (300k+) that is easier to print w/out having to manually print every page. I guess a pdf would do the same. I will send an email to their webmaster and see if he/she/it will give me a copy.

Correct, pricelist can act as a pure pricelist and you can ensure your layout prints nicely. But some people insisted on having images and descriptions added, so as soon as you do that, it's no longer an exact science to fit everything nicely on pages ...

What abut the new version of Admin Specials by Categories? It seems that they are taking their time releasing that one.

Yes, strangely it shows up in the list as having been updated, but the update record is not showing ... I just sent a message to mibble, see if he knows what's going on.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

It's in the mail.

Not in my mail it isn't ;-)

Can you mail me the newest version please ?

And a Q too, where can I find the pricelist print function ? I've found the sections in admin but I guess the customer get's to see some to choose from ?

thnks, jan

Not in my mail it isn't ;-)

Can you mail me the newest version please ?

And a Q too, where can I find the pricelist print function ? I've found the sections in admin but I guess the customer get's to see some to choose from ?

thnks, jan

I've sent you a PM.

All, any pricelist related questions, don't post here but send PM or email me.

Thx

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

Version 1.2 is released and contains:

v1.1 sql ';' fix

v1.2 support for tax inclusive special price (add 'i' at the end)

I only uploaded the scripts, removed the demo images so it's smaller than 300K and available now.

Haven't received any response from mibble on why v1.1 is (still) not showing, but no worry, the change is in v1.2 too :)

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I've installed this contribution and when i want to ad a special i get this error

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /customers/hooligan-kleding.nl/hooligan-kleding.nl/httpd.www/catalog/admin/specialsbycategory.php on line 106

Can somebody help me with this????PLEASE

I've installed this contribution and when i want to ad a special i get this error

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /customers/hooligan-kleding.nl/hooligan-kleding.nl/httpd.www/catalog/admin/specialsbycategory.php on line 106

I hope this Hooligan site is just a joke ?

What number did you put in the discount box ?

Did you select a category ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

did you select a category ???

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

the error seems to be caused by the fact that no products are returned upon selection of the category, ie the $allrows array is empty.

How many products do you have in the category that you selected ?

Is your site heavily customized ? Do you have a properly maintained products_to_categories table ?

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I don't know which categorie you are using, but I just gave a 50% discount on all your hardcore bomberjacks. :P

I think you were looking at the subcategories under hooligan that didn't carry any items.

Maybe look at the demo screenshots in the first upload to get a better idea of how to use this contribution if it's not clear.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I don't know which categorie you are using, but I just gave a 50% discount on all your hardcore bomberjacks. :P

I think you were looking at the subcategories under hooligan that didn't carry any items.

Maybe look at the demo screenshots in the first upload to get a better idea of how to use this contribution if it's not clear.

OMG :-" you're right :blush: Think i was sleeping.... anyway thanks for the effort. It works perfectly...

ok, case closed :D

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON