• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simple request - how do I do it

ronb

Hi

Ive just installed oscommerce and need a very simple feature.

I am based in the UK - and want to add individual postage prices to each product

eg

a costs ?1 to post in the uk ?6 to rest of world

b costs ?4 to post ?8 to rest of the world

I look at the individual shipping add on - and just got totally lost - as im not very php orientated -

is there anything that does the above

simply without having to change 96 files

there is a zone rates module which has an otherwise (rest of world) option to set the pricing for.

In your case it would be UK: 1, 4

RoW: 6,8

These modules use the weight to find the appropriate weight.

If your item a and b don't differ by weight you have to find another way to distinguish them and put in dummy weight.

You should also think about how much postage would it be for 2, 3 times item A and 4 times item b for example.

On the other hand, if it is really individual shipping prices that you need to do things properly, roll up your sleeves and get it done or find someone that can install it for you.

Things can be daunting at first, but generally you get the hang of things quickly.

Just a couple of advises:

1) backup your site or files you are changing before you start

2) find an editor that supports php syntax and colors the code, makes it all much more readable.

3) find and read through the support thread before installing. So you find out about limitations/potential issues before you installed it.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

Ok

I have installed individual shipping add on (took hours, so many errors !!) but got it working finally

now

how on earth can i do international prices -

I now have an item at ?11.95 shipping 1.00 (ok if buyer is in UK)

if someone buys FROM THE usa - how can I make it know that for any country outside the UK is ?6 shipping

I dont want zones depeneded on price or weight - just country

I cant beleive its been so difficult to create a simple local and internation individual shipping rate