• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

RSS News Feed v0.9

Stevis2002

Hello all,

The news feed works fine in ie, but when i looked at it in Firefox, the text was starting from a position too low, and hence scrolling across the bottom of the rss infobox and then halfway up the box.

Any suggestions on how i can fix this please?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

The marquee element is not part of the W3C HTML specification and should therefore not be used according to the W3C.

If you like the scrolling function you should include it with a script.

You can use the contrib without the marquee function by simply removing the <marquee> </marquee> references on line 44 and line 55.

You will find this in the boxes/rss_news.php file.

Regards

Guy

Edited by Gui

Seize the Night!

Handy Contrib:

RSS News v0.8 Scrolls news from an xml file in a infobox.

okay here's the fix:

Change the following code on line 44

<marquee id="marquee1" onMouseOver="marquee1.stop();" onMouseOut="marquee1.start()" direction="up" scrollAmount="2" style="height:150">

to

<marquee direction="up" height="150" scrollAmount="2" onMouseover="scrollAmount=0" onMouseout="scrollAmount=2">

Thanks to:

This scroller contrib

greetz

Guy

Seize the Night!

Handy Contrib:

RSS News v0.8 Scrolls news from an xml file in a infobox.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
How about having admin control over RSS NEWS?

true that the best feature would be to be able to add as many rss stream as we want in admin and the nselect the one we want to be shown in catalog

i see there is other rss contrib maybe since better have been created ?

MS2

i m working on a new version with :

- unique link definable in admin ,

- removed advertissement for affilaite firefox (sorry for the contributor but i dont want my customer to think i try to get money from links...)

- open rss target link in a blank page

- changed rss.php to rss_news.php to not interfer with other rss contrib

i ll post a zip soon

if anybody want to improve the admin part would be so good

Edited by azer

MS2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm sorry but I don't understand a couple things...

In the code:

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modif`, ied`date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES  
 ('', 'Rss news url', 'AZER_RSSNEWS_URL', 'http://www.website_you_want.com/news/services/rss/rss_fr.xml', 'AZERCA_ADMIN_QUICKSEARCH_LINE', 501, 100, '0000-00-00', '2006-03-04', NULL, ''); 

I assume I'm supposed to change http://www.website_you_want.com/news/services/rss/rss_fr.xml to my own URL. Am I supposed to change anything else? The first value (before Rss news url) is blank... is this supposed to happen?

Also, How would I display newsfeeds on my main page in an infobox? Is this possible?

TIA

-Sean

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi There, I have everyting installed on my site but this last piece of code... where does it go?

Step 2:

in phpmyadmin:

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES

('', 'Rss news url', 'AZER_RSSNEWS_URL', 'http://www.website_you_want.com/news/services/rss/rss_fr.xml', 'AZERCA_ADMIN_QUICKSEARCH_LINE', 501, 100, '0000-00-00', '2006-03-04', NULL, '');

• 2 weeks later...
Hi There, I have everyting installed on my site but this last piece of code... where does it go?

Step 2:

in phpmyadmin:

INSERT INTO `configuration` (`configuration_id`, `configuration_title`, `configuration_key`, `configuration_value`, `configuration_description`, `configuration_group_id`, `sort_order`, `last_modified`, `date_added`, `use_function`, `set_function`) VALUES

This is your code to insert needed tables into a MySQL database... while PHPMyAdmin is one of the tools from your host (usually) for this purpose...

Ask your host what they use to admin your MySQL database.

Hope this helps...

• 4 months later...