• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google PageRank Update Begins

I noticed that the datacenters are beginning the long awaited Google PageRank update today. For those interested in seeing what your future PR will look like you can use the excellent tool at SEOChat.com called SEO Tools - Future PageRank.

Enter the exact URL that you want to check and it queries all the datacenters returning the calculated PR from each. It will allow you to get a glimpse of what your site will receive after the update.

Bobby

All of my sites are moving in PR...some are going up and others are going down.

There is talk that the Big G is updating from highest PR to lowest. Looks like the osC main site is (has already) moved to a PR8 from a PR7. :)

Bobby

Mixed results here. Some up - some down. Most unchanged.

Think we are slightly up overall, but PR is not something I ever lose sleep over (if sales fluctated the same way that might be a different matter!).

Oddly quite a few of the sites that I would imagine would not have changed are the ones that have. Be interesting to see how it all pans out, as it whiffs of a little more than just an update at the moment.

All moved up for me... which is nice :D

Anyone care to have a stab in the dark and say how long its going to take before these updates take place?

Thanks for the heads up.

My site has only been live for a couple fo months, it looks like I'll have a rank of 4. Not great, but I'm not too unhappy with that. Early days after all :)

edit/

I forgot to ask, how often does this process occur?

All moved up for me... which is nice  :D

Anyone care to have a stab in the dark and say how long its going to take before these updates take place?

Congrats! The changes are most likely already live!

Thanks for the heads up.

My site has only been live for a couple fo months, it looks like I'll have a rank of 4. Not great, but I'm not too unhappy with that. Early days after all :)

edit/

I forgot to ask, how often does this process occur?

The process is completely random and nobody knows when Google will update the green bar.

Bobby

Congrats!  The changes are most likely already live!

The process is completely random and nobody knows when Google will update the green bar.

Bobby

Kewl, thanks for letting us know about this Bobby. :thumbsup:

Our store has been live for about 3 weeks, my ranking according to the links above is 0 accross them all. How, what do I do to change this.

I have tried implementing the SEO page links contrib but in all honestly it completely screwed up the site, so I ahd to remove it.

Can anyone help. We get around 300 pageloads a day, ave 20 unique visitors, but google does not see us unles I put in the actual url into Google to search.

Addwords does work for us but I cannot afford it at the moment.

Born - Scotland

Location - Kent, England

Job - hunting for one

Our store has been live for about 3 weeks, my ranking according to the links above is 0 accross them all.? How, what do I do to change this.

I have tried implementing the SEO page links contrib but in all honestly it completely screwed up the site, so I ahd to remove it.

Can anyone help.? We get around 300 pageloads a day, ave 20 unique visitors, but google does not see us unles I put in the actual url into Google to search.?

Addwords does work for us but I cannot afford it at the moment.

Your page rank will most likly remain 0 to the next page rank update, and be aware that Google will put you in the sandbox to play with all the other children for about the first 3 months before they let you out to play with all the big boys.....

To make sure that you will get a better ranking in the future, read on here...

Oh great!

I recently updated my entire site (not an osC site) and this seems to have coincided with changes at Google because my traffic has dropped like a rock :rolleyes:

Prior to the update I had the same site for several years so it was well indexed and linked to from everywhere so I had pretty good ratings across the board. My Google rank seems to be about 5 but my traffic slowed right down.

I put in more appropriate page titles and meta words and changed key traffic areas of the site so I guess I'll have to wait for everything to settle back down before the traffic begins to climb again B)

It's funny, this happened the last time I revamped my site and I swore I'd never do it again due to the traffic losses. This time I revamped the core design of the site so that I can add pages more easily so at least this template should be stable for a long, long time :D

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

Archived