• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HeaderTags_V_2.4.5 Help

Panic36

I've installed this Contrib, but now my pages give this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/aliandad/public_html/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 6

I've searched high heaven trying to fix this issue but unable to locate anything useful. the code involved on that line is as follows

6 Get products_head_title_tag

7 TABLES: products_description

8 function tep_get_header_tag_products_title($product_id) {

9 global $languages_id, $HTTP_GET_VARS;

My site URL is http://www.aliandadele.com

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Robert P.

That error message usually means there has been a typo. Were you editing any of the files (like includes/languages/english/header_tags.php)? Try replacing it with the one from the contribution. Also check your index.php file for mistakes. Just replace it with the original to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you made a mistake when you edited that file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If I comment out, both the files in the functions (header_tags.php and clean_html_comments.php) the error disappears, so does that imply theres a problem with both of them, or at least one? Btw there is no modifcations I have made to those files I put there, and I also did try just incase just now but nothing changes...

BTW, I'm using STS, does that make any difference?

Edited by Panic36

Btw here's code from lines 6 to 20

6 Get products_head_title_tag
7 TABLES: products_description
8function tep_get_header_tag_products_title($product_id) {
9 ?global $languages_id, $HTTP_GET_VARS; 
11 ?$product_header_tags = tep_db_query("select products_head_title_tag from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'");
12 ?$product_header_tags_values = tep_db_fetch_array($product_header_tags);
14 return clean_html_comments($product_header_tags_values['products_head_title_tag']);
15 }
18////
19 Get products_head_keywords_tag
20 TABLES: products_description

Edited by Panic36

Blah.... I replaced all the files and this is what I get now :(( for an error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /home/aliandad/public_html/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:13) in /home/aliandad/public_html/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 13

The code for this is...

12 // Clean out HTML comments code
13 function clean_html_comments($clean_html) {
14 global $its_cleaned;
16 if ( strpos($clean_html,'<!--//*')>1 ) {
17  $the_end1= strpos($clean_html,'<!--//*')-1;
18  $the_start2= strpos($clean_html,'*//-->')+7;

Edited by Panic36

This is a common problem. Just comment out the clean_html line in application top. If you search for that failure or read the support thread for Header Tags, you wil find in-depth explanations.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That doesn't actually fix the problem tho...

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v2.4.5
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');
// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.
//  require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');
// Also used by: WebMakers.com Added: FREE-CALL FOR PRICE
// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v2.4.5

brings me back to...

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_header_tag_products_title() (previously declared in /home/aliandad/public_html/includes/functions/header_tags.php:8) in /home/aliandad/public_html/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 8

Should I really block out BOTH files, so the errors go away? Why do the function files exist? I don't get this, I tried the link in the contrabution but it doesn't work, page isn't found... I'll try and search up the main contrib support thread, but I haven't found much of any help from any searches that I have done...

Thanks

Robert P.