• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Email Lists?

poorman

Hello,

I use to find a lot of offers to sell email lists for various marketing needs, I do not know if due to SPAM laws they are all dead or not, anyone know of real safe lists still around?

Thank you.

The way of life, and the way we work for you.

I use to find a lot of offers to sell  email lists for various marketing needs, I do not know if due to SPAM laws they are all dead or not, anyone know of real safe lists still around?

There are lists around to be bought, but spam is just so annoying it's not really worth your time, frankly. This is coming from a guy who has done some pretty big lists, so you can take my word for it.

Yes, spam can work, but I'd spend your money elsewhere, with google adwords, and other traditional stuff.

Save the email lists for talking to your customers after they've visited your site and created an account. It's totally cool to send a "new products" type email newsletter to people that have already bought from you, that sort of thing makes sense, and there's even osCommerce utilities built right in to help that along.

Thanks for the feedback, I was not sure I would go with email lists, I am just finding it very hard to get any good traffic, I wish I had niche items to sell, but I'll be flat broke before I make any money it seems, one sale in two weeks won't cut it ;) ...

The way of life, and the way we work for you.

Archived