• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Taxes from state to out of state

how do you set up oscommerce to determin if a customer is from NY state or out of state. i don't want to charge tax for out of state sales.

Thanks

Rick

www.gbscustoms.com

• 3 weeks later...

I read it and it did not apply. I and hundreds of others go around in circles trying to setup taxes. Generally if one posts a question on tax it is avoided like the plague. Developers and others know it is a can of worms and don't want to go there.

If you set up a zone for NY and one for everyone else then only NY people will be charged tax. OSC knows they are from NY when they fill out thier address information.

Not sure why that link would not apply. It explains how to set up zones... also not sure why you think anyone would dodge a simple question? But okie dokie =)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.