Latest News: (loading..)
bad_lemming

[Contribution] - USPS Methods

1,379 posts in this topic

Is there a way to make insurance an optional choice of the customer? I cannot seem to get it to work and can't find it in this thread.

Thanks!

Hello,

I am using version 5.2.1 in OSC2.31. I have an issue with it not returning correct rate for Priority Mail for international. My site is returning $90.00, but when I look up the rate on USPS.com, it shows $40.00? Any ideas?

Also, I tried to down load version 6.1, maybe issue solved in it, but it looks like it was zipped on a Mac, and files are empty. Has anyone else had that download issue?

Thanks JR

Okay so it is now working BUT when I add two small items totally (0.02lbs) USPS wants it to ship USPS Large Priority Flat Rate Box but the items are tiny. Why did it choose this? Do I need to install Dimensional Support?

I was having similar problems. Be sure to define the flat rate box dimensions accurately in USPS Methods Admin. Small FR Box is 8.625 x 5.375 x 1.625. Medium FR Box is 11 x 8.5 x 8.5, and Large FR Box is 12 x 12 x 8.5. Without the proper dimensions these will not show as options. I made shipments less than 5 lbs. the Small FR Box dimensions, 5-10 Medium, and Large above that.

WARNING!

Received today in my e-mail:

Web Tools integrator;

On January 22, 2012, USPS will update domestic shipping services and international pricing and product features. For detailed information on prices and new product features, please reference the Federal Register Notices viewable at http://pe.usps.com/.

Price Change updates will be available in the Web Tools testing environment for integrator access on or around January 6, 2012. The test environment can be accessed, using your production UserID, via the following URL scheme, host and path:

Secure APIs: https://stg-secure.shippingapis.com/ShippingApi.dll

Non-secure APIs: http://stg-production.shippingapis.com/ShippingApi.dll

Please note that the changes below are intended to be backwards compatible, however, may not be depending on how individual programs are integrated with the APIs.

Web Tools APIs will be affected in the following manner:

· All Web Tools APIs with postage prices incorporated will be updated to reflect the price changes;

· Domestic Rate Calculator API Changes:

• New <Container> request enumerations added to RateV4 to support the USPS product offerings and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice:

* FLAT RATE BOX (Express Mail Flat Rate Box),
* REGIONALRATEBOXC (Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C);
  • New <FirstClassMailType> request enumeration added to RateV4:

* PACKAGE SERVICE;
  • Optional <ReturnServiceInfo> tag added to RateV4 to return “Loss Guarantee Only” commitment information when an Express Mail Commitment is requested to certain destinations
  • First-Class Mail Package <MailService> response values updated in RateV3 and RateV4 as follows:

* Postage CLASSID="0" - Retail Pricing
<MailService>First-Class Mail® Package</MailService> will become:
<MailService>First-Class Mail® Parcel</MailService>,
* Postage CLASSID="61" - Commercial Pricing
<MailService>First-Class Mail® Package</MailService> will become:
<MailService>First-Class Mail® Package Service</MailService>;
  • New response nodes in RateV3 and RateV4 to support the USPS product offerings and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice (Express Mail Flat Rate Box and Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C, specifically);
  • Rate and RateV2 responses will be modified to:

* Return trademarked product names,
* Enforce dimensional requirements through error messaging for large, oversize and
S- restricted
destinations.

· All Rate Calculator API integrators are encouraged to migrate to the latest API versions (RateV4, IntlRateV2):

• Rate and RateV2 versions of the domestic Rate Calculator will be retired on March 31, 2012, requiring all integrators to migrate to the latest versions;

· International Rate Calculator API:

• New response nodes in IntlRate and IntlRateV2 to support the USPS product offerings and prices listed in the Federal Register Notice (Express Mail Flat Rate Box, specifically);

· Express Mail Label and Hold For Pickup Express APIs:

• New <Container> request data tags to support the Express Mail Flat Rate Box;

* FLAT RATE BOX

· Delivery Confirmation and Signature Confirmation APIs:

• New <Container> request data tags to support the Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C;

* REGIONALRATEBOXC

· Express Mail International API:

• New <Container> request data tags to support the Express Mail Flat Rate Box:

* FLATRATEBOX.

Please contact the USPS Internet Customer Care Center with any questions or concerns at 1-800-344-7779 or uspstechsupport@esecurecare.net.

- Web Tools Program Office

Have any of you experts looked at this? Think it will break things?

EDIT: Tried to clean up the formatting; their bullet list didn't copy-paste well ...

Edited by TomB01
videod likes this

WARNING!

Received today in my e-mail:

Have any of you experts looked at this? Think it will break things?

EDIT: Tried to clean up the formatting; their bullet list didn't copy-paste well ...

Has anyone been able to sandbox this update? I have tried but failed to see the outcome in PayPal's shipping offering which was nil in their sandbox. Maybe I was doing something wrong? Edited by videod

Any progress on this to report?

Yes - bad progress. Today USPS made the change and my store's shipping is broken.

Please help!

After further investigation and testing, it appears that the only thing broken is "First Class Int Package" (1st Class International) shipping.

It's probably nothing but USPS changing a text string again, but I'm at a loss on my own.

EDIT: Looks like they changed "Package" to "Parcel", but it seems to come up OK on my shopping carts for domestic orders, but it's broken for international.

Edited by TomB01

Since the USPS change today, shipping quotes are showing up but they are incorrect. With the handling fee and tare weight taken into account, the quotes do not match the quotes from USPS website. I'm using USPS Methods v. 5.2.2

I am seeing similar results where OSC isn't charging enough for shipping minus the handling fees for domestic First Class Mail . I appears that the contribution is not adding our handling fee for First Class Mail. I don't know where to start to find the issue, but I am also using USPS methods v5.2.2

I am seeing similar results where OSC isn't charging enough for shipping minus the handling fees for domestic First Class Mail . I appears that the contribution is not adding our handling fee for First Class Mail. I don't know where to start to find the issue, but I am also using USPS methods v5.2.2

Oops! I didn't check that, but yes - I can confirm that my domestic First Class shipping is not charging enough.

Only issue on mine is the First Class Intl. Rates seem good...but the Interntl first class isn't showing up.

Yay! I fixed it on mine.....just change

'First Class Mail Int Package' => 'First-Class Mail International Package**',

to

'First Class Mail Int Package' => 'First-Class Mail International Parcel**',

Yay! I fixed it on mine.....just change

'First Class Mail Int Package' => 'First-Class Mail International Package**',

to

'First Class Mail Int Package' => 'First-Class Mail International Parcel**',

Where?

Where?

Includes\modules\shipping\usps.php

Just go in there and search for the original string and change one thing....Package to Parcel. :)

OK - thanks! That fixed it for International, but as others have said, it is still not adding in the handling fee.

OK - thanks! That fixed it for International, but as others have said, it is still not adding in the handling fee.

Not sure there. Mine looked fine from what I could see when it came to the handling fee.

OK, for those who lost their handling charge on First Class Package (Parcel), there's a string that has to be replaced around the middle of the usps.php file:

Change "case 'First-Class Mail Package':" to "case 'First-Class Mail Parcel':". This worked for me and the handling charge is now added in. Look for the "$postage = $postage + $this->handling[8];" string. The case statement for 'First-Class Mail Package' is about 30 lines below that.

The contribution I am using has the following string "case 'First-Class Mail regimark Package':" I changed it to case "'First-Class Mail regimark Parcel':" and that took care of the issue. Thanks for the insight and fix to this issue!!

A quick fix for me, but this contribution still needs a cleanup.

I’m using USPS Methods version 5.2.2. My problem has been narrowed down to the option in the USPS module in Admin “Domestic Delivery Confirmation”. With this option enabled it causes errors in quotes for both Domestic First Class and Priority mail. A temporary work around would be to disable the option and add $0.19 to the First Class Mail handling fee. Domestic Quotes are now correct.

I did change 'First-Class Mail regimark Package' in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php to 'First-Class Mail regimark Parcel'. This is located in two places in this file. However, with “Domestic Delivery Confirmation” disabled it did not make any noticable difference.

I have not yet checked on International mail options, just domestic.

Thanks to videod for his invaluable private help.

A quick fix for me, but this contribution still needs a cleanup.

</snip>

Agreed. I sent a PM yesterday to fulluvscents and wkdwich before some of us found the temporary fixes. They fixed all of this last year when USPS blew up things worse than this. Fulluvscents made 5.2.2, not sure who did the updates since then.

In my last post #1195 I said:

I did change 'First-Class Mail regimark Package' in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php to 'First-Class Mail regimark Parcel'. This is located in two places in this file. However, with “Domestic Delivery Confirmation” disabled it did not make any noticable difference.

However, after more testing there is a noticible difference. If you do not change "Package" to "Parcel" in these places listed above, your handling fee will not be added in for First Class Mail.

Agreed. I sent a PM yesterday to fulluvscents and wkdwich before some of us found the temporary fixes. They fixed all of this last year when USPS blew up things worse than this. Fulluvscents made 5.2.2, not sure who did the updates since then.

I've just uploaded "6.1a", incorporating the Package -> Parcel text changes, and cleaning up some cruft that was in the 6.1 zip.

Hello,

I'm getting following error message when trying to enable the upsp shipping module.

Shipping Back

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/*********/includes/classes/xml_5.php on line 25

Warning: include(/home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/uspxs.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/******/modules.php on line 134

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/uspxs.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/******/modules.php on line 134

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class usps in /home/wihirt/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/uspxs.php on line 16

Modules Sort Order Action Flat Rate Per Item Table Rate United States Postal Service

Please advise

Cheers

Edited by pederb