• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] - USPS Methods

As far as the PayPal issue goes, It isn't the usps module. I would like to know how many people are successfully using paypal express?

I'm using the PayPal Express Checkout IPN with USPS Methods and the two are working just fine together.

I'm using the PayPal Express Checkout IPN with USPS Methods and the two are working just fine together.

hmm... I tried it with another shipping method and when I get to the continue part at the paypal site and click continue, the paypal site gives me a 500 error. The address is not my store. I'm wondering if the return address given to paypal is wrong.

I am working on getting a new store up and running and installed 4.2.0.1 last night. Everything calculates and displays fine in the store, but after starting the Paypal Express Checkout process, I get this error after the initial Paypal screen before it gets to the part where you would normally have a total and give confirmation:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare round_up() (previously declared in .../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php:165) in .../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 165

Any ideas?

The store is at goinggear.com, if that helps.

Thank you soo much. That was what was causing the problem with PayPal Express not working.

Also-

I can confirm a problem with shipping rate selection changing before arriving at the confirmation page. I'll see what I can do about this. Thanks.

v4.2.1 has now been released with a few changes some will probably object to.

Removed priority flat rate box and envelope becuase the selected option does not appear on the order confirmation page. hopefully will have fixed by next update. For right now, you will need to live with adjusting the standard priority mail option for flat rates or regular in usps.php.

Added global express options again.

total weight is off by .15lbs pm me for the quick fix. will include quick fix in next update.

Does anyone want to help me add a product attributes part to the new catalog entry page? The default method for adding attributes is aweful and irritating. Send me a PM if you're interested.

PSNOTE TO ADMIN:

Please weed out the first 10 pages of this thread. It's getting long and I don't want to start a new one. THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I can save some one some grief. I could not get shipping to work on my cart, tired everything and read every page of this thread and other threads. Spent way too much time!

Come to find out, the test account I was using on the store, I abbreviated the state and did not spell it out. That was it. It gave me that error so many others get:

"An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

Which NOW makes sense as it wasn't a valid input for the USPS server.

Of course I will now be moding the states to a drop down, I can not believe this is not default for this very reason, messes up all USPS mods including the default one.

One thing that does need to be changed in the 4.2.1 version is in the manual. How to debug the mod is still telling you to:

Find the commented statement at line 270, insert your correct email address

in place of "[email protected]"

When it in fact it's been changed to around line 485 and different code..:)

I will fix that. Thanks for telling us. Every time I read that line I forget that each time I add stuff to the module, the lines shift down. If you could add details on how to mod the account creation file to use the drop down, I will add the steps to my next release (whenever that will be I don't know).

Maybe I can save some one some grief. I could not get shipping to work on my cart, tired everything and read every page of this thread and other threads. Spent way too much time!

Come to find out, the test account I was using on the store, I abbreviated the state and did not spell it out. That was it. It gave me that error so many others get:

"An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

Which NOW makes sense as it wasn't a valid input for the USPS server.

Of course I will now be moding the states to a drop down, I can not believe this is not default for this very reason, messes up all USPS mods including the default one.

One thing that does need to be changed in the 4.2.1 version is in the manual. How to debug the mod is still telling you to:

Find the commented statement at line 270, insert your correct email address

in place of "[email protected]"

When it in fact it's been changed to around line 485 and different code..:)

I will fix that. Thanks for telling us. Every time I read that line I forget that each time I add stuff to the module, the lines shift down. If you could add details on how to mod the account creation file to use the drop down, I will add the steps to my next release (whenever that will be I don't know).

I do have to say, you've made the debug line easier. Seems the version or two before you had to fill more then your e-mail or change more than your e-mail. I only mentioned it because it's a ways away from the line listed in the manual. So people are bugging you all the time because they can't find it...:)

As for moding the state to drop down, I just used the Country-State Selector add-on. Worked like a charm with shipping. Plus you can choose a default country. Well, I had a problem only because I didn't know the client changed the shipping zone only to their state while I was adding the mod and I thought I broke the shipping, again..:) But works great in the end.

Edited by ayeronnie

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be some error in something. I set each step as listed in the documents but when i try to test it and i get to the shipping part of the checkout i get this error:

United States Postal Service United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Ive tried to install a few times but still get this error can you please tell me how to fix this?

I'm still getting that error and i was looking through the installation guide and in STEP 7 It says i have to do these steps.

Check the boxes for displaying weight and/or transit time if desired.

Select the domestic (US) and international shipping methods to be offered.

Click the Update button to save your settings.

When i go into it to update i don't have those options to put in the shipping methods nor a check box to display the weight i think this might have something to do with why I'm getting this error. Can someone explain why i don't get those options and how to fix my code so that i do.

Hi,

I installed the new update today and am having the following error show in the admin panel. Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_cfg_select_multioption() in /mnt/w0207/d18/s05/b02d72b0/www/catalog/catalog/admin/modules.php(212) : eval()'d code on line 1

I have changed the config table in the database to TEXT and relodaded the usps option.

Any ideas?

I have installed the new update and I am getting the same error.

I am not sure what i am missing. I don't know where the config table is located and I am not sure if I need to make changes in the general.php and/or module.php.

Can anybody helps me out.

Thanks,

Patrick

Quick question:

I wanted to change the names of some of the shipping methods just slightly (as far as what a customer sees on the page). When I changed domestic method, I have no issues. If I change an international method name, the method disappears as a selection for customers to choose from. How can I accomplish my task?

I'm still getting that error and i was looking through the installation guide and in STEP 7 It says i have to do these steps.

Check the boxes for displaying weight and/or transit time if desired.

Select the domestic (US) and international shipping methods to be offered.

Click the Update button to save your settings.

When i go into it to update i don't have those options to put in the shipping methods nor a check box to display the weight i think this might have something to do with why I'm getting this error. Can someone explain why i don't get those options and how to fix my code so that i do.

I have installed the new update and I am getting the same error.

I am not sure what i am missing. I don't know where the config table is located and I am not sure if I need to make changes in the general.php and/or module.php.

Can anybody helps me out.

Thanks,

Patrick

You probably didn't remove the old version after replacing the file. Go into admin panel and click remove to remove the module, then click install. This usually solves most problems.

Edited by naps1saps

Hi. I am receiving this error when trying to checkout on a customer's account... USPS gives this error:

uspsshiperrorng5.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Go into usps.php and do a search for "[email protected]". Replace this email address with yours. Remove any "//" marks at the beginning of all lines in that block of 4 lines or so of code. Save the file and go through the checkout process. Stop at the shipping options page and then check your email. There should be an email that contains USPS's response for all rates. It will list errors if there is an error. If you can't fix it, list the message here. Also, you must have the live server option selected in the admin panel. You must have an account with USPS. You must call or email them saying that you want them to switch you to the live server and that you are using OSCommerce. If you havn't done this, that is why this error pops up.

Quick question:

I wanted to change the names of some of the shipping methods just slightly (as far as what a customer sees on the page). When I changed domestic method, I have no issues. If I change an international method name, the method disappears as a selection for customers to choose from. How can I accomplish my task?

for ($i=0, $n=$size; $i<$n; $i++) {
           if (strpos($services[$i], '<Postage>')) {
             $service = ereg('<SvcDescription>(.*)</SvcDescription>', $services[$i], $regs);
             $service = $regs[1];
             $postage = ereg('<Postage>(.*)</Postage>', $services[$i], $regs);
             $postage = $regs[1];

This is where you would need to put it. I don't have any time to figure it out for you right now, but <SvcDescription>(.*)</SvcDescription> is where it gets the service name from the USPS response. You would have to add something after the line "$service = $regs[1];" like if ($service == "exact name you want to change"){ $service = "name you want"; } you would have to do this for each one. This code is performed for each shipping option.

Edited by naps1saps