• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] - USPS Methods

Hi everyone. If I am going to put this mod onto a new store, which package do I download and install? I see many options, but do not know where to start. Which option will give me the mod and all the instructions? And as always. One answer at a time. Please don't all start shouting. Thanks in advance.

Express Mail wrong amount in v4.1.4

Small package item weight 2lbs shipping from 91205 to 85233 official usps site suggests $24.65 but the usps shipping module displays 'Express Mail Flat-Rate Envelope: $16.50', I think instead of Flat-Rate Envelope it should be Flat-Rate Box but there is no option in backend to select this.

hi everyone, hope someone can help me.

here is my situation

before i was using usps 1.0 , got it working, just the express mail always show, no matter what i select.

then i downloaded the usps method 4.0, but couldn't get it to run.

try to figure it how to get it up then the may 12 change came.

so now i downloaded usps method 4.14 version.

couple days ago i can't get into set up after install.

the fatal error tcp function code came up .

so i follow the instruction and have all extra codes copy and paste into the files.

now i able to setup and enter my user ID and all the goodies.

problem i have now is:

after i place order the error message "An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner. "

what did i miss in steps?

what things can i do

i have my account in production, store info and zip code entered, did the update on SQL, have weights on the item i purchase.

please help me if you know

thanks in advance

wesley

Try to go to your configuration page, where is a tab "Shipping/Packaging" and make sure you add your zip code, and other information "from"

I have a very strange error, then I install New USPS 4.14 module, and click "EDIT" where is nothing shows on the right side, all other modules work fine, I change a modules.php from to the original. I have this error http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=273294 but only on USPS module. I re-upload ten times all the files from USPS folders, and make sure they all correct and not corrupt.

Do you have any Ideas??

Express Mail wrong amount in v4.1.4

Small package item weight 2lbs shipping from 91205 to 85233 official usps site suggests $24.65 but the usps shipping module displays 'Express Mail Flat-Rate Envelope: $16.50', I think instead of Flat-Rate Envelope it should be Flat-Rate Box but there is no option in backend to select this.

I see your problem. USPS does not offer Express mail flat-rate boxes and because I am an idiot, I left the container type as flat-rate envelope for Express mail by default. So to fix your problem, go into usps.php and find:

//EXPRESS MAIL OPTIONS
	if ($key == 'Express Mail'){
		$this->container = 'FLAT RATE ENVELOPE';  	    //OPTIONS: '', 'FLAT RATE ENVELOPE'
		$this->size = 'REGULAR';                               //OPTIONS: 'REGULAR', 'LARGE'
	}

Change your container type to blank:

//EXPRESS MAIL OPTIONS
	if ($key == 'Express Mail'){
		$this->container = '';                                   //OPTIONS: '', 'FLAT RATE ENVELOPE'
		$this->size = 'REGULAR';                             //OPTIONS: 'REGULAR', 'LARGE'
	}

This will solve your problem

Edited by naps1saps

I downloaded and installed version 4.1.4.

Entered user ID and passorwd, set server to production, entered Country of Origin and Postal Code in Shipping/Packaging.

Whenever I open checkout I got message, something like "error calculating.... Contact store owner..."

I copy and paste ID and password so it should be fine. And I got congrats about production...

I checked here and come across about updating SQL database.

Is v4.1.4 a full package? I didn't find anything about SQL update in instructions.

Please help.

Thanks,

Mike

Computers777dotcom

Version 4.2.0 ALPHA has now been released

HAS MANUAL Domestic and AUTO International insurance allong with on/off options so there is now only one single module for insurance and non-insurance. Added a line to the language file, so make sure you make the appropriate adjustments and changes.

*ENJOY*

Please leave feedback.

I'll try to figure out a scheme for the different mail options that are available and put them as GUI options in the admin menu for the next release.

This is what I am seeing. It's an image of the edit page of my shipping module.

shipping edit page image

I installed USPS Methods 4_1_4 on oscommerce 2.2rc2

there are no international methods to choose from and there's the parse error showing at the top of the page.

I want to get another mod installed but need to get this straightened out first.

any help appreciated.

Version 4.2.0 ALPHA has now been released

HAS MANUAL Domestic and AUTO International insurance allong with on/off options so there is now only one single module for insurance and non-insurance. Added a line to the language file, so make sure you make the appropriate adjustments and changes.

*ENJOY*

Please leave feedback.

I'll try to figure out a scheme for the different mail options that are available and put them as GUI options in the admin menu for the next release.

Hi Greg:

i just installed the version 4.2.0 ALPHA. Everything sounds ok but when i do check out on my store, i have only flat rate that shows up not the media mail or others options?

any help will be really appreciated.

regards,

Laurent

This is what I am seeing. It's an image of the edit page of my shipping module.

shipping edit page image

I installed USPS Methods 4_1_4 on oscommerce 2.2rc2

there are no international methods to choose from and there's the parse error showing at the top of the page.

I want to get another mod installed but need to get this straightened out first.

any help appreciated.

I'm a bit confused. You are showing parts of the insurance options from v3.0 yet you say that you have 4.1.4 installed which does not have insurance. Try installing 4.2.0. Make sure you go into admin options and click the remove button for this module, then install it again. What I suspect is happening is that you don't have the correct SQL entries in your database which is easily solved by reinstalling the module.

Hi Greg:

i just installed the version 4.2.0 ALPHA. Everything sounds ok but when i do check out on my store, i have only flat rate that shows up not the media mail or others options?

any help will be really appreciated.

regards,

Laurent

did you check that all the mail options you want are selected in the admin panel? Did you click remove then install again?

did you check that all the mail options you want are selected in the admin panel? Did you click remove then install again?

Greg you are the master! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Thanks it is working. I just removed and reinstalled and it showed up. thanks again.

it is possible to get a manual pricing for media mail: for example a regular media mail shipping is $3.08 but i want to set at $3.99 for regular weight and $4.95 for 5lbs or more?

thank you for your great contribution.

regards,

Laurent

I am working on getting a new store up and running and installed 4.2.0.1 last night. Everything calculates and displays fine in the store, but after starting the Paypal Express Checkout process, I get this error after the initial Paypal screen before it gets to the part where you would normally have a total and give confirmation:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare round_up() (previously declared in .../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php:165) in .../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 165

Any ideas?

The store is at goinggear.com, if that helps.

hello! i have installed this contribution and get an error when i go to checkout saying contact store owner if you want to ship usps. i changed the fake email in the usps.php file and the error that goes to my email is: please enter a valid zip code. i cannot seem to find this anywhere. could anyone please help me? thanks in advance!

hello! i have installed this contribution and get an error when i go to checkout saying contact store owner if you want to ship usps. i changed the fake email in the usps.php file and the error that goes to my email is: please enter a valid zip code. i cannot seem to find this anywhere. could anyone please help me? thanks in advance!

go to configuration -> shipping options and enter your zipcode.

Greg you are the master! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Thanks it is working. I just removed and reinstalled and it showed up. thanks again.

it is possible to get a manual pricing for media mail: for example a regular media mail shipping is $3.08 but i want to set at $3.99 for regular weight and $4.95 for 5lbs or more?

thank you for your great contribution.

regards,

Laurent

yes

FIND:

for ($i=0; $i<$n; $i++) {
         if (strpos($response[$i], '<Rate>')) {
           $service = ereg('<MailService>(.*)</MailService>', $response[$i], $regs);
           $service = $regs[1];
           $postage = ereg('<Rate>(.*)</Rate>', $response[$i], $regs);
           $postage = $regs[1];
           $insurance = ereg('<Insurance>(.*)</Insurance>', $response[$i], $regs);
           $insurance = $regs[1];

$rates[] = array($service => $postage);
           $rates_sorter[] = $postage;

if ($transit) {
             switch ($service) {
               case 'Express Mail':     $time = ereg('<MonFriCommitment>(.*)</MonFriCommitment>', $transresp[$service], $tregs);
                                   $time = $tregs[1];

and add

for ($i=0; $i<$n; $i++) {
         if (strpos($response[$i], '<Rate>')) {
           $service = ereg('<MailService>(.*)</MailService>', $response[$i], $regs);
           $service = $regs[1];
           $postage = ereg('<Rate>(.*)</Rate>', $response[$i], $regs);
           $postage = $regs[1];
           if ($service == 'Media Mail') {
$postage = 10;
           }
           $insurance = ereg('<Insurance>(.*)</Insurance>', $response[$i], $regs);
           $insurance = $regs[1];

$rates[] = array($service => $postage);
           $rates_sorter[] = $postage;

if ($transit) {
             switch ($service) {
               case 'Express Mail':     $time = ereg('<MonFriCommitment>(.*)</MonFriCommitment>', $transresp[$service], $tregs);
                                   $time = $tregs[1];

if ($service == 'WHATEVER MAIL TYPE') {

$postage = $$.$$;

}

This is a direct flat rate adjustment for all weight.

For weight related adjustments, use $this->ounces and $this->pounds

so... $postage = $this->ounces * $$.$$ + $this->pounds * $$.$$;

hope this helps.

I am working on getting a new store up and running and installed 4.2.0.1 last night. Everything calculates and displays fine in the store, but after starting the Paypal Express Checkout process, I get this error after the initial Paypal screen before it gets to the part where you would normally have a total and give confirmation:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare round_up() (previously declared in .../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php:165) in .../catalog/includes/modules/shipping/usps.php on line 165

Any ideas?

The store is at goinggear.com, if that helps.

I too seem to be having a problem with it but do not see any errors becuase I am working remotely. I've just run out of time today and can't bring up my server to check errors, so I will check it out tonight when I get home. Do you have this problem when using the standard checkout process?

Thanks guys I changed zip code and tested. When I test and and go to delivery information page it shows up the USPS services that I allowed in the admin. When I visit this page I get and email with the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<RateV3Response><Package ID="0"><ZipOrigination>38002</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>38002</ZipDestination><Pounds>7</Pounds><Ounces>8</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Zone>1, local</Zone><Postage CLASSID="3"><MailService>Express Mail</MailService><Rate>26.35</Rate></Postage></Package><Package ID="1"><Error><Number>-2147219434</Number><Source>DomesticRatesV3:clsRateV3;ValidateWeight;RateEngineV3.ProcessRequest</Source><Description>First Class mail must weigh 13 ounces or less.</Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error></Package><Package ID="2"><ZipOrigination>38002</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>38002</ZipDestination><Pounds>7</Pounds><Ounces>8</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Zone>1, local</Zone><Postage CLASSID="1"><MailService>Priority Mail</MailService><Rate>8.05</Rate></Postage></Package><Package ID="3"><ZipOrigination>38002</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>38002</ZipDestination><Pounds>7</Pounds><Ounces>8</Ounces><Size>REGULAR</Size><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable><Zone>1, local</Zone><Postage CLASSID="4"><MailService>Parcel Post</MailService><Rate>5.93</Rate></Postage></Package></RateV3Response>

Does anyone know what this is? Is it bad or normal? Thanks guys!