• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need to start from www.domain.com

rus3439

Hi,

Is there amn easy way to start to run website from www.mydomain.com not from www.mydomain.com/Store/catalog, which is the main page of the site.

Do i need to put my index.php into htdocs or how do i do this?

Thanks,

Ruslan

We are not that rich to buy cheap things

I did this by taking everything out of my catalog folder & putting it into the main part of my site. Then changing the file associations in the configure.php files to reflect this change. There are many explanatory posts in the archives that explain this better than I can.

Wendy

I did this by taking everything out of my catalog folder & putting it into the main part of my site. Then changing the file associations in the configure.php files to reflect this change. There are many explanatory posts in the archives that explain this better than I can.

Wendy

I did this by taking everything out of my catalog folder & putting it into the main part of my site.  Then changing the file associations in the configure.php files to reflect this change.  There are many explanatory posts in the archives that explain this better than I can.

Wendy

This seems like whole lotta work and possible problems to follow.

Isn't there an easier way to do this? For example, to change the starting folder from htdocs to catalog or something like that?

Thanks,

ruslan

Hi,

Is there amn easy way to start to run website from www.mydomain.com not from www.mydomain.com/Store/catalog, which is the main page of the site. 

Do i need to put my index.php into htdocs or how do i do this?

Thanks,

Ruslan

Hi Ruslan,

It seems what you want to do is what has got me stuck. :)

I basically created a new index.html, and uploaded it under httpdocs folder.

Now when I open the site, it loads www.domain.com, rather than www.domain.com/catalog/default.php.

This has proven bad for me, but seems to me that this will be good for you.

cheers

Hi Ruslan,

It seems what you want to do is what has got me stuck. :)

I basically created a new index.html, and uploaded it under httpdocs folder.

Now when I open the site, it loads www.domain.com, rather than www.domain.com/catalog/default.php.

This has proven bad for me, but seems to me that this will be good for you.

cheers

Thanks,

Can you please show me what did you put into that index.html file. Are you calling /catalog/index.php from it? If you do can you please give an example of how to do this.

Thanks,

Ruslan

The simplest way to do it, is to install the site to your root directory. That means copyinig everything that is inside your catalog folder, and moving it up two levels (to the level your Store folder is located now). The only adjustments needed are to change the two includes/configure.php files (one in includes/ , and one in admin/includes), to remove the portion of the path to ...store/catalog. Review the installation documentation to get a good idea of exactly what the path should be. Just copy the files, do not delete them, and you will still be able to access your site using the old address path if need be. Once you get the configure files correct, you'll be good to go.

Jeremy

The simplest way to do it, is to install the site to your root directory.  That means copyinig everything that is inside your catalog folder, and moving it up two levels (to the level your Store folder is located now).  The only adjustments needed are to change the two includes/configure.php files (one in includes/ , and one in admin/includes), to remove the portion of the path to ...store/catalog.  Review the installation documentation to get a good idea of exactly what the path should be.  Just copy the files, do not delete them, and you will still be able to access your site using the old address path if need be.  Once you get the configure files correct, you'll be good to go.

Jeremy

This sounds good, but since my ftp and sitemanager(powweb) has only "delete" and "rename" commands for files does that mean that i will have to upload them to my harddrive and then upload'em back to the right folder? I don't consider myself lazy, but there's gotta be a better way to copy files :D .

Thanks,

Ruslan

ask your host to move them for you. takes them about 15 seconds to do so. explain to them why you want to move them. submit a support ticket and ask that it be forwarded to third level support, that you want everything in your /Store/catalog to be in your document root

ask your host to move them for you.  takes them about 15 seconds to do so.  explain to them why you want to move them.  submit a support ticket and ask that it be forwarded to third level support, that you want everything in your /Store/catalog to be in your document root

thanks,

this sounds better and i will probably do so eventually (when i get enough courage) :D I assume i can ask them to just copy files to my root directory leaving everything in the old directory just like you suggested earlier? Still i would think there would be index.html file written by now which just redirects to the correct folder. Why isn't that an option?

Thanks,

ruslan

sounds like u need a host where you have shell access, so you can do it

I will consider this for the future, but for now i just stick with this one and hope that i won't have to move my files too often. B)

Thanks,

Ruslan

Archived