• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal payment gateway setup

dandelion

I put this post in general and didn't get any reply now I see it should have gone in this forum.

Hi,

I'm almost done my site but I can't figure out how to set up paypal as my payment gateway and I can't find anything in the knowledge base about this.

I checked with my host for help and the response said, "In regards to the paypal IPN payment module add-on you will not be able to run this module because our shared hosting services, does not allow the creation of CRON jobs."

I don't know what a CRON job is and I couldn't figure out how to install the IPN module anyway (I think a plain language editor should help some of you coders out so a newbie will understand!)

Here is My Webpage - I know there is a problem in the order confirmation - I'm trying to figure that out through the bug fix.

To go to the next stage I get a popup that there is a problem with the SSL. What do I have to do to fix that?

How will my shopping cart know that the payment has happened on paypal?

Any help would really be appreciated. Thanks.

If you use this contribution osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2

and choose this version:

12 Jan 2005 - osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2

it should be quite easy...

- no files to modify, just new files to upload to your server

- easy instructions in HTML included in the package

With this package, your cart gets updated when a payment has been successfuly done at paypal....

Edited by toyicebear

and choose this version:

With this package, your cart gets updated when a payment has been successfuly done at paypal....

Can I use this version when my host said it won't work with my Shared certificate?

Can I use this version when my host said it won't work with my Shared certificate?

Try it....

If it dont work....

1. change host

or

2. dont use paypal

or

3. use paypal but not your hosts shard ssl.

B)

Try it....

If it dont work....

1. change host

or?

2. dont use paypal

or

3. use paypal but not your hosts shard ssl.

B)

My friend hasn't a lot of startup funds for this business so we are going with paypal and the shared ssl to savemoney.

Thanks Derek - the fix worked that's one less thing to think about!

Until I get the error message in the checkout sorted out I won't be able to go live with the store so sorting it out right now is a higher priority to Paypal stuff. I'm sure it will all come together soon.

Edited by dandelion

and choose this version:

Okay I've installed it - thanks much easier then whatever I was trying to install - I'm not sure what all the settings mean though. It's up now - could you test it for me andlet me know what needs to be set still? Thanks for all the help - THIS COMMUNITY IS GREAT!

Ruth

Okay I've installed it - thanks much easier then whatever I was trying to install - I'm not sure what all the settings mean though.  It's up now - could you test it for me andlet me know what needs to be set still? Thanks for all the help - THIS COMMUNITY IS GREAT!

Ruth

Whoa! This isn't easy to figure out once you get into paypal - anybody know how to do this stuff? So I set up a email and password and login then I set up a test sandbox account - is this info suppose to be real?

Could they not make it easy and straight forward?!