• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net

spectr17

How can you just authorize credit card charges and then later capture them for payment?

For example, say an item is on back order and you just want to authorize the card for the sale and then capture the amount once the item ships.

Authorize.net says it has to do with shopping cart software and I see no settings or options to do what we want with them in osC. They also say you can authorize payments and then later go back and capture them with the virtual terminal.

We're using osCommerce 2.2-MS2

Thanks for any help

~spectr17

• 1 month later...
the authorize net with curl module has that option available witha check box, where you can authorize and capture or authorize only

This is true and at a later time you can then go to the Authorize.net merchant site and Void or Capture/Process the order. The only problem with this is that they have a 30 day window where this order will be purged if not processed. I have orders to ship in 30-60 days and this means that I'd loose the credit card info.

There has to be a a way to capture the cc info ourselves and hold it until the product ships.... ANYONE ??

RonR

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking for the same answer too. I use authorize.net and it works just great, however if I have an order on backorder for more than 30 days i lose the cc information with Authorize.net and i have to call the customer and ask for the information again. This is also a problem when i need to refund a customer. i don't have thier cc info because it is stored on authorize.net and you need the numbers to process a refund.. someone please help if you know a way to get around this. thanks in advance..

Edited by libtech8