• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Searching by Manufacturer 2

I installed the Manufacturer 2 contributions, but I'd like to let my users search by Manufacturer2 as well. In advanced_search.php I added:

<tr>
               <td class="fieldKey"><?php echo ENTRY_MANUFACTURERS2; ?></td>
               <td class="fieldValue"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('manufacturers2_id', tep_get_manufacturers2(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS2)))); ?></td>
             </tr>

This resulted in an error on the page where the dropdown box would go. So I went ahead and added the following to application_top.php:

elseif (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers2_id'])) {
   $manufacturers2_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS2 . " where manufacturers2_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers2_id'] . "'");
   if (tep_db_num_rows($manufacturers2_query)) {
     $manufacturers2 = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers2_query);
     $breadcrumb->add($manufacturers2['manufacturers2_name'], tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id2=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id2']));
   }
 }

Now when you try to navigate to advanced_search.php, it does not load and the following error appears: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_db_query() in /home3/www/world-motorsports/catalog/includes/boxes/manufacturers2.php on line 13. I tried defining the function, which result in the same error. I'm absolutely stuck here; I don't understand why it's failing.

I'm sorry for asking so many questions on here, but surely there must be a way to do this. I'm just trying to make a clone of the already existing Manufacturer drop down box and change it to Manufacturer2. I'm not by any means an experienced PHP coder, but I know if one box already exists, it must be possible to make a second. The reason our company switched from ZenCart to osC was because of the larger user base on the forums and the number of contributions. I wasn't getting any help on their forums, and I'm not getting much help here either.

Shawn Pauley

WORLD Motorsports

I opened manufacturers.php and manufacturers2.php in a text editor side by site, and I noticed that they are identical, except in manufacturers2.php everything was changed to manufacturers2. So at the top of the script we have:

$manufacturers2_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers2_id, manufacturers2_name from " . TABLE_manufacturers2 . " order by manufacturers2_name");
 if ($number_of_rows = tep_db_num_rows($manufacturers2_query)) {

And at the top of manufacturers.php we have:

$manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " order by manufacturers_name");
 if ($number_of_rows = tep_db_num_rows($manufacturers_query)) {

Identical. But only manufacturer2.php is causing the error. Is $manufcaturers_query defined somewhere else, and if so, where? How can I define $manufacturers2_query so I no longer get this fatal error?

Shawn Pauley

WORLD Motorsports