• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Down for Maintenance

hi all,

in the contrib Down For Maintenance the default filename to show is catalog/down_for_maintenance.php

however, in my case it doesn't work out thaaaaaaat well, clients can still access the shop, they see columns right and left, and header and footer, even if turned off.

even if that's an issue, it's not thaaaaaat bad, since...

and now my question: can i create my own file, like, let's say, index.htm, with a 'down for mainenance' message and the shop logo?

of course i have to tell the admin module about the other filename.

but can i do it that way?

thanks in advance

hi all,

in the contrib Down For Maintenance the default filename to show is catalog/down_for_maintenance.php

however, in my case it doesn't work out thaaaaaaat well,  clients can still access the shop, they see columns right and left, and header and footer, even if turned off.

even if that's an issue, it's not thaaaaaat bad, since...

and now my question: can i create my own file, like, let's say, index.htm, with a 'down for mainenance' message and the shop logo?

of course i have to tell the admin module about the other filename.

but can i do it that way?

thanks in advance

I installed this contribution and it does nothing. It shows in the admin panel and I can change it from True to False but it does nothing. TYhere is no difference than if I had not installed it at all. Is there something I missed? If you can help me, I would appreciate that.

I do not know enough about php to know how to handle the problem you have but it sounds like it would be sensible to make a new file and define it in the admin file but I do not know about this.

I installed this contribution and it does nothing. It shows in the admin panel and I can change it from True to False but it does nothing. TYhere is no difference than if I had not installed it at all. Is there something I missed? If you can help me, I would appreciate that.

I do not know enough about php to know how to handle the problem you have but it sounds like it would be sensible to make a new file and define it in the admin file but I do not know about this.

i just found this thread. 14 pages, let's see, there *must* be some help for us there...

Who's Online Enhancement support thread

Edited by DavidBrown