• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Direct processing Credit Card on site

allenxu

I use Authorize to do payment. http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...earch,Authorize

we choose Pre-authorization method, then we must login authorize.net and do post-authorize manully.

now my question is:

can we process or capture order in my website admin pane?

I can get money and update order status to deliveried in one step.

Anyone have some idea about it?

Thanks

Allen.

Edited by allenxu

• 1 year later...

I'm curious how this works. When the customer checks out, does Authorize.net store their information until you manually go to their site and approve it or do you have to reenter their information first?

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

I'm curious how this works. When the customer checks out, does Authorize.net store their information until you manually go to their site and approve it or do you have to reenter their information first?

I have not used the authorize.net contribution, but if it doesn't, like I asked, have post-auth functionality then yes, it would store the information and allow you to approve the order when you are ready to ship. This is the way it should work in practice, except that it should be done in one step, through osC, rather than requiring you to log into the processor site. I would like to find out others' experience with post-auth functionality in these modules, please do share.

James

yes . all infomation have been stored in authorze.net already.

i just need click one button to receive money in authorize.net .

ps: i know MIVA can do this work.

Very cool, thanks for the info. If it's not there yet, you'll just need to wait until someone gets around to developing it, or take the reigns and pay a developer to make the modification.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

yes . all infomation have been stored in authorze.net already.

i just need click one button to receive money in authorize.net .

ps: i know MIVA can do this work.

Interesting. So what I gather is that none of the gateways (authorize.net, linkpoint, paypal) have a contribution/module which does not require double-entry of shipping status? What I mean is that you have to modify the status both on authorize.net's site and in osCommerce. This is less than ideal due to double-entry and I will work to write something better, once I am sure that I'm not missing something, or reinventing the wheel.

So, to clarify, you have to go into authorize.net (or whatever your gateway is) to authorize the payment, correct?

Thank you,

James

• 4 weeks later...
Interesting. So what I gather is that none of the gateways (authorize.net, linkpoint, paypal) have a contribution/module which does not require double-entry of shipping status? What I mean is that you have to modify the status both on authorize.net's site and in osCommerce. This is less than ideal due to double-entry and I will work to write something better, once I am sure that I'm not missing something, or reinventing the wheel.

So, to clarify, you have to go into authorize.net (or whatever your gateway is) to authorize the payment, correct?

Thank you,

James

yes. now i must login to capture the payment.

step 1,

when i click the capture button in osCommerce, osCommerce will send message to authorize.net and ask authorize.net capture payment.

stpe2,

osCommerce receive the response from authorize.net, if successfully, we will modify the order status.

I think this function is avaiable in authorize.net because Miva can do this work successfully.

Edited by allenxu

for those wondering, this is definitely possible with auth.net. I was just looking through the API docs and here is what would be required:

submit the transaction as AUTH_ONLY.

in the Gateway response grab the resultant Transaction ID number and store that in the database (it could probably be one field in the order table).

add a button or form element of some sort on the admin interface that allows you to process an order.

when you press the button, it would format a new request for auth.net for PRIOR_AUTH_CAPTURE using the stored transaction ID in x_trans_id and capture the transaction.

the only two problems I see to overcome (which are likely very small) are that you NEED to delcare CC or ECHECK for x_method to auth.net, and by declaring CC you are then required to provide values for x_card_num and x_exp_date. If you are ommiting or masking these values in the database then I am not sure. Although from the Virtual Terminal interface Auth.net only requires trans_id and last 4 digits for a credit... something that could probably be resolved with a call to developer support.

anywho, there you have it. if anyone wants to work on it have at it. if no one does I might throw something together when I have the time, but getting my store up and running is definitely first priority.