Sign in to follow this  
wayneski

Tax displayed on seperate lines

Hi. In Canada we have two taxes: Gst and PST. I found a contribution that displays the two taxes on seperate lines within the checkout proceedure, but I also need the taxes to be displayed seperately on the Invoice, Packaging slip and the email sent to customer.

For example (this is what is displayed on the checkout just before confirm order with the contribution I have):

Sub-Total: $104.94

Per Item (Best Way): $5.00

GST: $7.70

PST: $8.80

Total: $126.43

I need this to be displayed this way on invoice, packaging slip and email sent to customer. Any suggestions? I am not very good at php but I follow instructions very well!

Wayneski - Did you get an answer to this. I have been looking for this same solution for a while.

Hi. In Canada we have two taxes: Gst and PST. I found a contribution that displays the two taxes on seperate lines within the checkout proceedure, but I also need the taxes to be displayed seperately on the Invoice, Packaging slip and the email sent to customer.

For example (this is what is displayed on the checkout just before confirm order with the contribution I have):

Sub-Total: $104.94

Per Item (Best Way): $5.00

GST: $7.70

PST: $8.80

Total: $126.43

I need this to be displayed this way on invoice, packaging slip and email sent to customer. Any suggestions? I am not very good at php but I follow instructions very well!

--

Alex Munter

Ottawa, Ontario

Wayneski - Did you get an answer to this. I have been looking for this same solution for a while.

Sorry Alex... no answer for this yet from anyone. It would be a good thing for us Canadians to have as the gov't requires us to display GST and PST seperately (As far as I know).

My web developer found a way to do this, but she's off for a week. I'll flag this so that I can let you know how she did it.

In the meantime, there is a contrib, but I don't know if that's what she used. Do a search for "separate GST, PST". It's from 2004.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Hey all,

I have done some modifications to display the taxes on separate lines. So far it is working good although it still doesnt work for Quebec (Compounded Taxes) or for Taxes included with the price of the product. I will work on these time permitting.

Here is a link

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5279

Hello, this is strange, I did everything that is mentioned in the doc, but the taxes simply disapear. I do not understand what happens.

Hello, this is strange, I did everything that is mentioned in the doc, but the taxes simply disapear. I do not understand what happens.

double check because youre only modifying a few lines of code in a i think 4 files.. the most important part is setting up the taxes.. but remember this is for a fresh install.. if you have other mods.. you may need to modify additional code..