Product Description 1.3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning,

I just installed the contribution but I note that it is impossible in promotions to add an article to the basket and continue a purchase, the site became very slow and nothing happens. Do you have a solution?

Try here

http://www.achat-bio.fr/specials?osCsid=ac...7ebd09137a3b5f5

click on : "Ajouter au panier" and "Continuer achat", result nothing happens, why?

• 1 month later...

hey everyone. I decided to install this contribution because i added the product listing thumbnail enhancements, and it was made to work with this

Well, i am having a VERY VERY stupid problem.. I am literally at STEP 3 and i CAN NOT find where the code :

$pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);

$products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];

is. I basically did a full search for it in dreamweaver AND in my cpanel and could not find it. I searched it by eye and could not find it.

I feel like this is SUCH a stupid thing because i have installed much more difficult contributions.. So can anyone give me a reason why it might NOT be there??

and if so, where should i put that next code.

I do have this at around 543 (i know the act numbers would not be correct because i have additional images installed.. but there are some added lines not in the instructions:

$pInfo->objectInfo($product);
} elseif (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
  $pInfo->objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
  $products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];
  $products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];
  $products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];
}

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the nice contribution. Is there a way to get the short description into the "featured products" module on the index.php? NEMROD34 has done that for the isolated featured_products.php, but not for the featured module you can replace the "new products" with.

If anyone has figured that out already, please let me know.

B. regards,

compuskill

Edited by compuskill

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I just installed 3123. Ther website looks great the only problem is i can't login to admin anymore! When i try to login i get the following error.

PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web06/b100/pow.want2be/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1315) in /hermes/web06/b100/pow.want2be/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hermes/web06/b100/pow.want2be/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1315) in /hermes/web06/b100/pow.want2be/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web06/b100/pow.want2be/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1315) in /hermes/web06/b100/pow.want2be/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Can somebody please tell me what i've done wrong!

Hi I just installed 3123. Ther website looks great the only problem is i can't login to admin anymore! When i try to login i get the following error.

PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web06/b100/pow.want2be/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1315) in /hermes/web06/b100/pow.want2be/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

PHP Warning: session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hermes/web06/b100/pow.want2be/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1315) in /hermes/web06/b100/pow.want2be/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hermes/web06/b100/pow.want2be/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1315) in /hermes/web06/b100/pow.want2be/htdocs/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Can somebody please tell me what i've done wrong!

Guys don't bother with this one i found the answer in the forums already. It's whitespace after the <? in the general.php I changed. Don't know why the whitespace suddenly appeared i certainly didn't deliberately add it! So now everything is fine again and it looks GREAT! Thanks for the contribution guys!

I have added featured products on the index page using this addon http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/651.

I have installed Products Short Description http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3123

How can I get the short description to appear on the index page for the featured products? Nemrod34's addon does not seem to work for me.

Thanks for any help.

Traci

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just installed the Product Description 1.5 and it works fine.

however, when you view the product under the category heading (just before it goes to the actual product details) it shows...

'Untitled document' ....then a short description of the product.

Is there a way to get rid of this 'Untitled document' but leave the short description?

cheers vjc

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see by post 221, I had it all working. But that was back in March last year. Around Sept, I switch to RC2A. Well adding fresher mod to site, notice some would not work others. Finally get it back.

I just instaaled this, thee is some areas that fail to work. Nothing appears in product listing and in new products, I only see more >>> but no description. It might help if had some error message, but no.

I've tried them all, but nothing. Also store is heavy modified.

Would appreciate hearing from someone out there who might have a clue.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got this contrib working. But am noticing i issue which is very confusing why this is hapening. By going here, you will see one product top row only has like 12 characters. The others look good. In specials.php, it is set for 125. If I change it to 100, then I have no description for this perticular item. But in product/categories, all is fine and also in product listing.

Also with Header Tags SEO< I have dill tags set for 200. But again, back to this one product, clicking view source at browser, it does not display the full 200 charcaters.

So you can see, just this one item. That's what so confusing. I even deleted it from store and then added it back, nothing.

So has anyone ever had this kind of a problem?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having real trouble trying to get this to work, I believe i have followed all the instructions (although it has been a long day) .. I got no errors

I can add short desc via admin fine But still not showing on the site??

I know im sure i must of missed something, any ideas??

note: im running newest version of oscommerce and sts..

any help would be much appreciated

i've installed SHORT_DESCRIPTION_V2.2-RC2 and all works well. i've just notice that in my index.php, the sub categorys still show a short version of the original description, not the new short description. unfortunately im unable to find where to modify the code. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Have installed the script. Having a slight problem though. Its displaying wrong. Please see the enclosed example. I have also added the bit from catalog /includes/modules/product_listing.php if that helps (think its something to do with that).

Picture%201.png

$lc_align = 'center';
		if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
		  $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';
		} else {
		  $lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($Ai ? 'Ai=' . $Ai . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a> ';
		}
		 if (PRODUCT_LIST_DESCRIPTION && $listing['products_description'] && PRODUCT_LIST_DESCRIPTION_MAX_LENGTH)

$lc_text .= '<br><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr><td class="productDesc">' . tep_flatten_product_description($listing['products_description'],  ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . TEXT_MORE . '</a>') . '</td></tr></table>';

break;
	  case 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW':
	   $lc_align = 'center';

Hi, Have installed the script. Having a slight problem though. Its displaying wrong. Please see the enclosed example. I have also added the bit from catalog /includes/modules/product_listing.php if that helps (think its something to do with that).

Picture%201.png

$lc_align = 'center';
		if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
		  $lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'manufacturers_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';
		} else {
		  $lc_text = ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, ($Ai ? 'Ai=' . $Ai . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing['products_image'], $listing['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a> ';
		}
		 if (PRODUCT_LIST_DESCRIPTION && $listing['products_description'] && PRODUCT_LIST_DESCRIPTION_MAX_LENGTH)

$lc_text .= '<br><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr><td class="productDesc">' . tep_flatten_product_description($listing['products_description'],  ' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $listing['products_id']) . '">' . TEXT_MORE . '</a>') . '</td></tr></table>';

break;
	   $lc_align = 'center';

• 4 weeks later...

The description text is too short for me. How do you set more then 200 characters in the description?

I changed in product_description.sql the PRODUCT_LIST_MAXIMUM_LENGTH from 200 to 500 characters and uploaded to my database but it still only shows 200 characters. Any ideas?

The description text is too short for me. How do you set more then 200 characters in the description?

I changed in product_description.sql the PRODUCT_LIST_MAXIMUM_LENGTH from 200 to 500 characters and uploaded to my database but it still only shows 200 characters. Any ideas?

Found the solution.

go to admin, select 'configuration', then select 'maximum values' and change the value for 'product description'.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Must say first i am very new to php coding and SQL. I am trying to apply the short description feature to my page using version 2.2 http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3123. I use godaddy as web hosting provider. to Opened databases tab and them manage via PHPmyadmin. Them i go to SQL tab in and paste the command "ALTER TABLE `products_description` ADD `short_desc` TEXT;" as instructed. After that i get the error:

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `products_description` ADD `short_desc` TEXT

MySQL said: Documentation

#1109 - Unknown table 'products_description' in information_schema

I have been looking for products_description at the database but can't find anything.

My web page is working fine, so what should i do?

Any help will be very appreciated.

I am about to format the Product Description. How do I set the Price and the Buy Now Button at the top left of the table cell, just like you can see at the image that comes with the contribution? :blink:

I justified the text in catalog/stylesheet.css td.productdesc by adding text-align: justify;. In catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php you can align the price and the Buy Now Button by setting $lc_align ='left' but it will stay in the middle not on top of the cell. Any idea? :blink:

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

I am about to format the Product Description. How do I set the Price and the Buy Now Button at the top left of the table cell, just like you can see at the image that comes with the contribution? :blink:

I justified the text in catalog/stylesheet.css td.productdesc by adding text-align: justify;. In catalog/includes/modules/product_listing.php you can align the price and the Buy Now Button by setting $lc_align ='left' but it will stay in the middle not on top of the cell. Any idea? :blink:

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

To set the Price and the Buy Now button to the top left of the cell, as you can see in the screenshot delivered with the contribution:

in catalog/stylesheet.css from:

TD.productListing-data {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 10px;

to:

TD.productListing-data {
font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 10px;
vertical-align: top;
text-align: left;

set Price in the header to the left:

in catalog/includes/modules/product-listing.php from

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_PRICE;
$lc_align = 'center';
break;

to

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_PRICE;
$lc_align = 'left';
break;

set Buy Now in the header to the left:

in catalog/includes/modules/product-listing.php from

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW;
$lc_align = 'center';
break;

to

$lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW;
$lc_align = 'left';
break;

In general see contribution Catalog Stylesheet Definitions for formatting issues. Here: http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C...n_and_Layout/54

• 1 month later...

I have a problem. Iam using STS Template system and i have a custom template for product_pages. I want the short description to appear on product listing page as well as on product info page.

What tag must i add in to a table in order for short description to appear inside. Like you have $product_name and it will display Product Name when published what tag must i use in order to display Short Description.

• 4 weeks later...