• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FSGirls.ca - Skateboard and Snowboard Shop

theman

Hate the category menu which seems to disappear and reappear at will.

Help page cannot be found

How do I contact you? Address?

Remove (or change) "Let's see what we have here" stock text

Note: We are currently do not process orders online. Please call (780) 487-7658 to place an order. Thank You.

"We are"? Typo

Do you intend to sell online ever, or is this just a promtional site for a store?

Nice product images, ruined in the shopping cart with the white background on the blue background of the cart.

Change "Shopping Bag" to "Shopping Cart" in the header links. Why go against the industry standard of "Cart"??

Hate the category menu which seems to disappear and reappear at will.

hmm i havnt had that problem..mind telling me which browser your are using..ill look into it

Help page cannot be found

ooops forgot to even make that page..will work on tat today

How do I contact you? Address?

thx ill add that info into the contact us page

Remove (or change) "Let's see what we have here" stock text

do you have any suggestions as to what i should change it to or should i just take it out completely?

Note: We are currently do not process orders online. Please call (780) 487-7658 to place an order. Thank You.

"We are"? Typo

oops :<

Do you intend to sell online ever, or is this just a promtional site for a store?

ya i do intend to eventually sell online...i have alot of products tho in my inventory (not all added yet) and not sure how to attack stock issues as of yet..still thinkin about what to do

Nice product images, ruined in the shopping cart with the white background on the blue background of the cart.

ok will change the blue background bak to a white background..

thanks for your feedback....ill get to those changes tonite when i get a chance, ......what do you think about the overall layout of the site? and the colors?

thanks for your help again

Perhaps I overstated the menu problem - but it disappears for a second or two on every page click, then comes back. I assume it's DHTML or something and is only being rendered when the page has finished downloading. Just looks bad.

As far as changing text - You need to use your imagination - it's your store!

Perhaps I overstated the menu problem - but it disappears for a second or two on every page click, then comes back.  I assume it's DHTML or something and is only being rendered when the page has finished downloading. Just looks bad.

As far as changing text - You need to use your imagination - it's your store!

ok i see what you mean about the dhtml menu dissapering and reappearing but dont really know a way to fix it..its a dhtml menu...

i changed the text to the breadcrumb

thanks for your help

Okay, a few comments...

1. The layout is good, but there's something about the red in the logo that puts me off -- it seems to clash with the pale cyan in the background and the other blues used on the site. Or maybe it's the glow behind it... or a combination of the two.

2. Nice, crisp product images, at optimized sizes. Hurray! My dialup connection thanks you! :)

3. Broken link to your HELP file, which links to:

http://www.fsgirls.ca/catalog/FILENAME_HELP

I presume your 'contact us' information is stored on that page? How about information about FS Girls? Is it there too?

4. In your Returns section, a typo: Departement should be Department. Also, you talk about a restocking fee on 'some' items. What items might those be? Personally, I'd want to know before I bought.

5. On your shipping page, hisitate should be hesitate. (Shipping price seems high, too, at $5 per item. I can't imagine it would cost $25 to mail 5 shirts... don't know about your customers, but mine are frugal enough that they would balk.)

HTH,

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Okay, a few comments...

1. The layout is good, but there's something about the red in the logo that puts me off -- it seems to clash with the pale cyan in the background and the other blues used on the site. Or maybe it's the glow behind it... or a combination of the two.

i will look at that when i get a chance, busy atm with exams but will definately give it a loook

2. Nice, crisp product images, at optimized sizes. Hurray! My dialup connection thanks you! :)

hehe i spent a lot of time on my product images (descriptions still need a lil work)

3. Broken link to your HELP file, which links to:

http://www.fsgirls.ca/catalog/FILENAME_HELP

I presume your 'contact us' information is stored on that page? How about information about FS Girls? Is it there too?

ok fixed that..made up my help page (totally forgot about it) still needs some work but will do for now i hope

4. In your Returns section, a typo: Departement should be Department. Also, you talk about a restocking fee on 'some' items. What items might those be? Personally, I'd want to know before I bought.

will fix soon :)

5. On your shipping page, hisitate should be hesitate. (Shipping price seems high, too, at $5 per item. I can't imagine it would cost $25 to mail 5 shirts... don't know about your customers, but mine are frugal enough that they would balk.)

hopefully ill be implement a free shipping over X amount soon (when i start accepitng online orders_ which should hlelp with that

Thanks for the great comments TerryK :)

Nice Store.

Just for thoughts, you might want to remove brands that you will not use in the very near future.

When I click on brands like American Apparel, Emerica, Independent, and others, I get a notice that there are no products available.

I find it quite easy to add and remove categories at will, so when I run out of a product and don't plan to restock it in a week or so, I simply remove it and add it back when I am ready.

Nice Store.

Just for thoughts, you might want to remove brands that you will not use in the very near future.

When I click on brands like American Apparel, Emerica, Independent, and others, I get a notice that there are no products available.

I find it quite easy to add and remove categories at will, so when I run out of a product and don't plan to restock it in a week or so, I simply remove it and add it back when I am ready.

thanks for the comments...i will be removing the brands that are empty, but still adding products (only added about 100 so far of about 500 products)....the pictures take a while to edit and then also descriptions, but once i do actually go live ill be sure to remove empty brands

Theres three to five mm gap on the top of the page. Everything else looks mighty fine to me.

ok moved it upa lil more..is that better?

thanks for all the comments...quick question..what does everyone think about the jukebox? is it distracting? or a good idea?

It all works very well, but where is the excitement? That X-Factor is sorely missing - can't you show people whizzing down mountains or something?

The footer looks poor in comparision with the rest of the site. Looks like you ran out of steam. Put a funky graphic on there or something.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_search.php...le&text=boarder

By the way, I do like the layout of your product page very much.

It all works very well, but where is the excitement?  That X-Factor is sorely missing - can't you show people whizzing down mountains or something?

ok i see what you mean with the excitement...i was hoping the jukebox would help out a bit...maybe ill look into putting a video of somesort of ppl skateboarding etc will have to think about that

The footer looks poor in comparision with the rest of the site.  Looks like you ran out of steam.  Put a funky graphic on there or something.

hmm hehe not that i ran out of steam..more of like i overlooked it, will try sprucing it up a bit when i get a chance (really busy with a few other things atm tho :( )

By the way, I do like the layout of your product page very much.

thanks...i looked at counteless number of product pages and incorperated what i liked best out some of them :)

thanks for your comments burt...

Archived