• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card Processing

Jumping Rabbit

Sawadee kah,

My name is Jenny and i am running a oscommerce based web shop based in Thailand and UK with shipping to most countiries around the globe.....

Today we are using a credit card processor where the customer is redirected to their site and and complets the payment there and then gets redirected back to our shop.

We have been running this solution several months now, and it works perfect technically speaking.

But there is a high percent rate discrepancy between signed up customers and customers who actually completes the sale.

After analysing our statistic material and comparing it with other sourches regarding payment and security confidence from shoppers we have reached the conclusion that we need to offer credit card processing directly on our checkout_payment page.

So my question is does anyone have some advice and/or expirience with payment solutions enabeling this metode of payment.

Take notice of the fact that we are not a US company, so this rules out most of the widely used ones.

Hope for some advice and pointers......

There are several UK payment processors that are mentioned frequently on these boards - - *one* of them has to do that kind of processing, I'd think.

Have a look in the contribs area.

-jared

Thanks for your input Jared, much appriciated...

Unfortunately this info does not get us any further, we have already looked through the contribution section and done tests and checked out different providers there.

Mostely the ones which did have direct processing takes Canadian and American merchants only.

We are as such not limited to the contributions which is already available, we have both inhouse tec expirience aswell as outsourching contacts if there is need for integration.

So any tips of providers we can work with eighter in Thailand/Asia or the UK is welcome.....

We are interested in one and all of the 3 solutions mentioned under.....

1. Merchant account providers.

2. Payment gateway solution providers which offer a direct payment processing solution.

3. Full service provider, payment gateway and merchant account in one package

Edited by Jumping Rabbit

You may also wish to consider simply having osCommerce capture the credit cards (split into database and email if you wish, for extra security). You can then manually run the transaction through your credit card processor's web terminal.

That method has some obvious drawbacks, but it does work.

-jared

Thanks again Jared,

This though have crossed my mind, but it would in such a case only be workable for a short temporary periode of time.

So my question still stands....any one know of merchant account and/or payment processor providers using a system which makes it possible to process the payment in real time on the checkout_payment page.

Edited by Jumping Rabbit

Worldpay is available for both the mentioned countries.

The contribs available for download here are for the select junior integration metode, which will take the customer off your site and onto worldpay in about the same manner as you explained how your payment system works today.

But if you can integrate it yourself or have someone to do it for you there are other integration metods, select pro and select com, available which will allow you to have a direct onsite integration.

Hope this helps.... B)

Thanks for the input Nick,

That one looks very promissing, its put on our short list...

Only some small intial reservations conserning their transaction fee of 4.5% , keeps us from signing straight up.

So if we can not find someone with a lower transaction fee , it looks like we will go the java route.

If anyone knows other alternatives, any tips are very much appriciated.

Edited by Jumping Rabbit

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the input Nick,

That one looks very promissing, its put on our short list...

Only some small intial reservations conserning their transaction fee of 4.5% , keeps us from signing straight up.

So if we can not find someone with a lower transaction fee , it looks like we will go the java route.

If anyone knows other alternatives, any tips are very much appriciated.

Hi,

I work for an online retailer, they turn over 180m a year in the UK. The company use cybersource - www.cybersource.co.uk, for their payment processing. This is simply a click on the site and it connects to the bank, not taking you anywhere near an external site.

I am in the process of setting up a site, and looking into the payment solutions. Worldpay do seem expensive, and paypal seems perfect, easy but again takes you away from the site which just seems so unprofessional!

I believe you would need a merchant account for cybersource. But im sure this wont be an issue and if you have in house development they should do it quite easily?

Have you had any luck so far?

Hi,

I work for an online retailer, they turn over 180m a year in the UK. The company use cybersource - www.cybersource.co.uk, for their payment processing. This is simply a click on the site and it connects to the bank, not taking you anywhere near an external site.

I am in the process of setting up a site, and looking into the payment solutions. Worldpay do seem expensive, and paypal seems perfect, easy but again takes you away from the site which just seems so unprofessional!

I believe you would need a merchant account for cybersource. But im sure this wont be an issue and if you have in house development they should do it quite easily?

Have you had any luck so far?

Nothing definite yet....

Our currenthosting provider does not support java-serverlets, so if we want to use the direct integration metodefrom worldpay we have to change hosting provider or set up our own server..(A tempting alternative i might add)

We have made a temporarely fix, as suggested by jcall, and implemented cc encryption and split number email.

Outside the US we have found some UK and 1 New Zealand payment processor companies which have direct onsite modules for oscommerce. They all require that you have your own merchant accounts, something we are looking into right now.

About your new site, if you accept that people have to go to a separate site to pay, there are countless 3 party providers which will give you this at quite ok rates....

You have already mentioned paypal and worldpay.

You also have companies like 2checkout , Stormpay, CCAvenue, Moneybookers and so many,many more.......

If you are in Europe, Metacharge seems like a good alternative. If you use their oscommerce module the customers are sent to their website to pay.

But as an alternative they do offer a Virtual Terminal Solution, which enable you to process credit card info manually.

If you are located in US, i would suggest you to take a look at Authorize.net which are reported to work quite well with oscommerce.

Hope this provides some usefull info for you.... B)

We also appriciate any scrap of information any of you cyberkids out there can post in this tread regarding merchant accounts and payment processors for those outside of the US. :D

Edited by Jumping Rabbit

Hi there

I am setting up my first osCommerce shop and need to integrate WorldPay into my accounts which I am finding more than a little troublesome.

I have been to the Community board and found a download, but the instrructions advise me to "Go to the admin section and activate Worldpay payment type, by clicking on the red button" which simply isn't there.

The matter is becoming urgent and I've been trying on and off to figure this stuff out for the last week and haven't managed to get in touch with my webguy.

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Kaye Lewis

www.lovingitlarge.co.uk

if you have a company in the UK, you might be able to go through costco.com, click on services, they have an agreement with many providers and have very good rates. i use them all the time for the sites i setup, there is no cancellation fee, etc. in case anyone is wondering why i mention them, i do not make anything from them, i just send the customer there and they do all the paperwork, then i integrate for them.

if you have a company in the UK, you might be able to go through costco.com, click on services, they have an agreement with many providers and have very good rates.  i use them all the time for the sites i setup, there is no cancellation fee, etc.  in case anyone is wondering why i mention them, i do not make anything from them, i just send the customer there and they do all the paperwork, then i integrate for them.

This seems to be a US service, are you sure it is open to UK merchants too?

Which payment gateways are compatible with this merchant account or do they have their own solution?

Thanks for the tip, but I'm already all paid up and approved at WorldPay, just need help in integrating it, but thanks again.

Kaye

-x-

After you haveuploaded the new worldpay module, go to your admin and look in modules >> Payment

There should now an extra payment option, eighter marked worldpay or secure credit card or something simular.

Choose it and click install.

Now click edit, and input your data.

Save and that should be it......

But where do I find this?

Thanks

Kaye

-x-

www.your-website-address.com/admin

or

www.your-website-address.com/catalog/admin

When I try either of those I get an error 404 - Not Found

Kaye

-x-

Send me the web-address of your shop and i will check it for you, if you do not want to post the url in the forum you can pm it to me.

When I try either of those I get an error 404 - Not Found

Kaye

-x-

Hi,

What do you think to worldpay. I am thinking of signing up. Are they quite strict on their requirements i.e is it like applying for a normal merchant account at a bank where they need references from your business etc.. I starting up so I would like to know what worldpay are like. Is the service good now your signed up, is it easy to use?

if you have a company in the UK, you might be able to go through costco.com, click on services, they have an agreement with many providers and have very good rates.  i use them all the time for the sites i setup, there is no cancellation fee, etc.  in case anyone is wondering why i mention them, i do not make anything from them, i just send the customer there and they do all the paperwork, then i integrate for them.

Dear Sir,

What do you think of authorize.net? And as for costco, (went there and it looked interesting), how would you have to integrate that for a user, and what sort of fees are involved in that?

Hi Jenny,

I looked through your replies but I haven't seen killer answer to your question. I also want to avoid payment redirection off my site (in Europe) and wonder what your conclusions are?

Rick.

Hi Jenny,

I looked through your replies but I haven't seen killer answer to your question.  I also want to avoid payment redirection off my site (in Europe) and wonder what your conclusions are?

Rick.

You can collect and encrypt the cc info in your site and manually process it through a virtual terminal or through a offline terminal if you have one...

Here are some processors which offer merchant account and virtual terminal to Europan companies.

- Metacharge

- Worldpay

- Forcetronix

- Chronopay

- Optimal Payments

Hope this helps.....