• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with payment

Greetings...I'm new here. I was able to set up a shop using oscommerce thanks to tips and tricks I've found on this forum and my rudimentary PHP skills. So thanks for that.

Anyway, my business partner and I are currently using 2checkout. We don't like it though. It's cumbersome and now they've taken away the custom header and footer option so it doesn't"look" like our site anymore. We want a payment system that's transparent to the customer.

I've tried to find suggestions what to use but haven't had much luck. Is there a thread that discusses these? So many sites out there have simple credit card verification. There must be a better one than 2checkout. What do people use?

Thanks for any and all help.

Diego

If you process more than $1000 per month, I'd suggest getting your own merchant account and gateway.

if you process less than that, you should probably go with paypal, or you can manually process your payments with propay.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I've been using Echo, no mothly charge if no transactions for that month (seasonal stores), you can proccess through your store, or by hand on their site. The rate starts high at sign up (free), but if you call in a few months and ask for a "rate review" they drop it. Works for me.

wazu

• 3 years later...

You no longer have to manually process credit cards through paypal from OsCommerce. I released a contribution that I have tested over a month and found it to be flawless that allows you to process credit cards through propay.

The contribution can be found at: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6539

If you have any questions you can contact me at http://www.oscommercecontributions.com

Thanks,

Shawn

If you process more than $1000 per month, I'd suggest getting your own merchant account and gateway.

if you process less than that, you should probably go with paypal, or you can manually process your payments with propay.